Alton Sterling

Discussion in 'In the News' started by archangel, Jul 7, 2016.

1. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

But we're only 13% of the population.

You can't have it both ways.

Statistically speaking you're chances of being shot by a police officer if you're Black are 3x to 5x greater than for a White person.

Don't bullshit with that moral equivalence.
    Yeah police brutality is a problem for all kinds of people, mainly the young, the poor and disenfranchised, but only one group is getting the fat end of the bat on the daily.

2. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

It isn't both ways.I'm counting by numbers not by percentages or per capita.
    It isn't 3 to 5 times greater. It follows that since majority of the country is white than most of the people killed by officers are white.

Whites, in 2015, were killed at almost twice the rate of blacks.
    link:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/police-shootings/

I'm not stating that the numbers are not spread out. I fully believe that in NYC the cops are targeting black people but as a nation more white people are killed because there are more white to interact with the police.
    tdk may have been talking about NYC in context. NYC is different. I have never heard of any one including and especially white people talk nicely about NYPD. They also found that NYC airs more crimes than black people actually commit in NYC. I can go on about Akai and garner.

3. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

It is 3x to 5x greater for Black folk to be killed by cops than Whites.

There are roughly 39 million Black people in America.
    258 Blacks were killed by cops in 2015.

There are approximately 210 million white people in this county.
    Last year 494 Whites were shot and killed by cops.

Based on percentage of population, about 50 Blacks should have shot by cops last year, but our rate of being shot was 5x greater than our actual numbers overall.

You're deflecting.:rolleyes:

4. archangel

Never deflected I pointed out to TDK that more white people are killed than black. You posted the 494 vs 258 from my source.
    What you are talking about is the bias? either agree that it 494 is bigger than 258 or say you want to talk about the bias.

I'm not arguing that there isn't bias but that there is more white people killed and the police don't talk people down as much as people want. From what I have seen, they seem to escalate by bringing in a gun.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

If you are going to use the comparable argument, based on population stats, what are the crime-ratio stats? Not mutually exclusive, yeah?

6. archangel

and this is why I don't use percentages and per capita because you allow for people like this to come in, andreboba, take note!!!!
    Has absolutely nothing to do with the my comments but lets bring in the crime ratio stats.

because clearly the police catch every single crime right. and they clearly patrol every area with equal numbers.:smt042

The old saying it isn't illegal unless you get caught isn't true but has some truth to it.

If there is no one to enforce the law, then you can break it all you want with no punishment.

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Don't disagree with you there. Now, who you calling "people like this". Pulease.

Back to YOUR crime-stat "logic", l whole heartedly agree with underreported crime. Take rape, for example. Wayyyy more than ever imaginable are not reported.

8. archangel

Come on Bliss, you attach yourself closer to right leaning stances that are generally anti black in nature.

It is no secret.....

but yes you have surprise me by actually agreeing with me since by my LOGIC you almost always disagree.

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Right leaning, my ass. Non sheeple Centrist with left and right leanings, die-hard animal activist, tyvm
    Hey, I was surprised you ACTUALLY dared to breathe that Whites are killed more often by cops. Shocked, l tell you.

See, l can sympathize with inequities on all sides... Black or white, rape victim male or female, cop, cop victims, the unjustly accused no matter who... The often mono-thinking of too many on this forum that Whites are to blame for almost every wrong in one's life, is startling.
    I know l know, it's the System...run by Whites.

10. archangel

No you are right leaning from what I see(and I am not alone on that view). There is no center. I've never seen someone use breitbart as a source except for right leaning. I mean the guy is a right leaning person. His site is going to revolve around his views. Most of the visitors are right leaning as well. MSNBC leans left. Most of their viewers lean left.

If you had been here before, you would have known that I posted a lot of cops shooting people of every race! I have stopped! Because some People want to label me anti police!!!!! When I am anti bad police hence why I posted so long ago so many articles. so I stopped.

POJ would come into my thread make comments about when it is another person of race suddenly it get no play. I wasn't happy about the lack of passion for anti policing.

also die-hard animal activist????? who the heck is that on this forum?:p

also who are these monothinkers????

11. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I shouldn't have used always I should have said more often and of course they shoot more white people there are 5 times more of them yet we count for 24 percent of their shootings,

12. The Dark King

For murders whites are killed by other whites 83% of the time
    For black on black its about 90% so basically the same
    And using your stats argument blacks are given longer and harsher sentences for the same exact crimes committed by their white counter parts.
    Blacks are more likely to be stop and arrested than whites so of course the numbers reflect blacks doing more crimes when they don't get the benefit of being let go for minor crimes.
    Please be fair.

13. archangel

I want to say I agree with your points as oppose to just consenting and not posting anything.

14. The Dark King

No problem fam. The major issue here and I'm noticing with people in general is that they keep saying we're trying to make this a race thing when it's clear we're not making anything into anything. It is a race thing, it has always been a race thing since the inception of this country. Codified into law and enforced against us for centuries. That shit doesn't stop overnight, you don't dehumanize and treat people like garbage for centuries and then expect it to go away because words were written on paper. I will admit my life for the most part has been really sheltered but I saw what this whole thing was about after the Tamir Rice killing. The fact that not only was their no admission of wrong doing but a shit ton of people siding with his killers gives evidence to how they see us as a whole. Can you imagine if the kid had been white, playing with a toy gun in an open carry state and police didn't even so much as give a command? No interaction except a bullet to the chest 2 seconds after pulling up. In economics we call that a market indicator.
    Another one is all these cop killings that will be unfairly blamed on all black people. I guarantee the next step is drone policing and drone strikes to "protect" law enforcement.
    And the saddest part that I wish most white people could see from this is who do you think they'll eventually get to after they're done with us. Keep ignoring that we are all brothers and sisters up against something far more divisive and sinister than race.

15. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

White people are more likely to deal drugs, but black people are more likely to get arrested for it

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...eople-are-more-likely-to-get-arrested-for-it/

To back up what he says

16. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

17. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

you use that argument right up until it doesn't work for you. Such as when pro blacks say there are more white people on welfare than black people but that is because there are more white people than black people. When in actuality the number of black folks on welfare compared to the total number of black folks is a lot higher than the the number of whites on welfare compared to the total number of white people. So that shit can work for or hurt your argument both ways.

Also why don't you use that same formula to come up with how likely a black person is to be killed by another black person than killed by police or white people and then tell me why the marches happen when whitey does it.

18. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

I take it that you are anti-Black.:smt042

Go back to racist site,Sambo.

19. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

Pro something means you're anti something else. So yeah I'm pro human.

20. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

Just not the Black humans.