Alton Sterling

Discussion in 'In the News' started by archangel, Jul 7, 2016.

1. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

If you really think that you aren't going to jump to an extreme when you have to investigate a scene where you heard a guy had a gun, you must be more chill than me.

Remember someone called in to complain about him with the gun. I don't think most if any of this was Alton's fault except the resisting part.

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

If they really needed to they could have hit him with the barrel. He would need stitches but at least he would be alive; even that would have been unnecessary. Those guys are just cowards. They obviously want to kill but feel a need to hide behind a badge to do it.

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

If you are a cop hearing about a gun shouldn't cause you to panic. There are other things you can do for a living. Cops have plenty of training and they have numbers. It's not that easy to hit something with a hand gun and most people are not accurate.

4. archangel

That is very idealistic. They are as human as everyone else and to be honest Baton rouge aren't hiring FBI agenets.... They take what they can get. and what they get aren't that good. That being said I wish that I could agree but Alton is clearly dead and I suspect that it was because they feared they would have got shot. any how saddens me but not much surprises me with human nature any more.

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Idealistic? How come police officer is the only job not at least held to a standard of malpractice? You wanna tell me that their job is soo much harder than everyone else's? Do that in the military and you go to Leavenworth. Poor people may take what they can get but can a doctor simply kill them and walk away like that?

6. archangel

My idealistic comment was pointed towards "If you are a cop hearing about a gun shouldn't cause you to panic"

I think it is unrealistic given the poor pickings hence the idealistic.

To be direct, I agree with you that it shouldn't make them panic but it does for some of them. I agree that they shouldn't be on the job but they are. It is what it is. The rest of what you wrote I think was because you misinterpreted what I wrote and I am pretty sure that I was not clear.

7. medullaslashin

medullaslashin Well-Known Member

I see where you're coming from, but you can't second-guess those cops to that huge extent. There was a struggle, Alton looked like he was reaching, he was armed, the call was about a gun...

This is a clear case of "let the courts sort it out" (though yes, you're right -- there's no way in hell they're going to convict the cops).

Just saying "pick your battles". This one doesn't seem to be deserving of the national outrage.

I will say this, however: it's sad that anyone with a phone can get a black man executed these days, just by calling the cops and saying "he's got a gun".

I'll also say, I think black men should buy guns, get cc permits, hit the ranges more than ever.

I don't like guns and I used to be for increased gun control, but now I think, fuck it -- we should be as well armed as the zimmermans of the country (better armed in fact) and ready to protect our kids from these wolves.

Especially when society is pushing shit like the second amendment doesn't apply to us...

"Honor killings" have a place when the law will not protect you.

If the law lets off that pussy little "badge bully" who killed castille (like it did zimmerman)... and castille's father (or brother or cousin) decided to piece together a kit & "sanction" the motherfucker (or even the motherfucker's family) I would wish him godspeed.

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

The video captures they ordered him on the ground, then tasered him a few times,(3?) but he did not go down. They then tackled him to the ground. Both video footages apparently captured one cop saying (muffled) "he's going for the taser" right after the one cop told him "don't move or l swear to God -"

9. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

police need national training or retraining...

Japan has hand to hand combat grappling training that can trap and apprehend

suspects without using tazers or shooting, killing suspects...even if they resist

arrest...

Alton did not have to die...

10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

11. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Yet they seem to always be able to talk to white people with guns and no one dies. Coincidence?

12. sarah23

sarah23 Well-Known Member

Because weapons are so freely available in the U.S.
    The Police react this way because of the high threat level involved in their work. Experience shows them that there is a good chance the person they stop is armed.
    Its not an excuse for the incidents which happened but its the reason.
    This does not happen in other countries. Or at least rarely.
    People should be marching against the proliferations of weapons in American society.

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Wrong

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Wrong.

15. beccaomecca

beccaomecca Well-Known Member

Police brutality dates wayyyyy back. Yes the guns are too readily available. Some corrupt cops are just trigger happy. But if they didn't kill with guns they'd kill with batons they'd find a way to take an innocent persons life and have some lame excuse as to why they did it felt threatened or whatever they can come up with as we've continually heard over the last week or so. Other countries don't have the same degree of angst and lingering racial tension, bullshit meaningless supremacy cults, fkd up healthcare system, and a plethora of mental health issues that never get address because the government only gives a fk about certain people. As long as the hate is there even without guns they'll kill with their bare hands.

16. archangel

Actually opposite. Most police stop people on traffic violations and most Americans do not own guns. Most Police officers go throughout their career never using a service revolver. It is pretty common.

17. beccaomecca

beccaomecca Well-Known Member

18. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Do you need video proof? Because I've seen plenty of videos where there is deep discussions and a lot of patience when dealing with armed white people. Hell look at the Cliven Bundy situation, he and his followers had guns pointed at Federal agents yet not a single one of them died, so much for I was in fear for my life huh. Hell even the Aurora shooter after killing over 70 people was apprehended, the dude who killed 9 people in a church apprehended, guys who held up a federal reserve apprehended, bikers after a deadly shootout apprehended shit they were even playing on their cell phones. But for some reason the very site of a black person is damn threatening there isn't even a command ie Tamir Rice and John Crawford. We are so damn scary so animalistic their eyes they don't even feel the need to say halt before opening fire.
    Bliss get the fuck out of here with that asinine bull shit.

19. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

The cops confiscated the video of the shooting from the store owner.

If they were in the right...they wouldn't have to confiscate anything...much less intimidate and harass the store owner.

20. archangel

No not really. They kill more American white people than any other group. You just see it on tv and not see the killings on TV. Dylan nobles wasn't talked down. Another cop shot a kid dead with a wii controller. They even had voice recordings of a cops saying he was going to shot a dude in the dick. Killed the guy on the hill. The victim was white. All Americans need to unite against bad policing.