Alton Sterling

Discussion in 'In the News' started by archangel, Jul 7, 2016.

1. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Caution very very disturbing

[YOUTUBE]4OxgVJikWGM[/YOUTUBE]

Something has got to be done about this. It is getting out of hand. That video is too brutal for words.
    Do you think the cops were out of line?
    What do you think can be done about this?

2. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Didn't see him reaching for a gun. Dudes left arm was pinned and didn't see his right arm move. There is also footage from another angle someone posted on Facebook.

3. stiletoes

stiletoes Well-Known Member

How can this crap keep happening???????

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Because in this country black lives don't matter plain and simple full stop

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Eric Holder did nothing now Loretta Lynch carries the torch of an empty job title. It's like a lifeguard watching people drown.

6. stiletoes

Not to the people in power. I have to agree, To some of us plebeians they do.

7. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

The news actually showed the cop pulling the gun out his pocket . the man never pulled his gun out

8. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

That was straight murder.

They had him pinned and outnumbered 2:1 yet the cops still felt the need to use deadly force? I call BS, they killed him and they need to face the music for it.

9. stiletoes

None of the police in the Freddy Gray case had ANYTHING happen to them:confused::confused::confused:

10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

The world isn't really flat. I call bs on that too.

11. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

Several of those officers have been charged, though two have been acquitted.

12. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

I'm just filled with rage today.

13. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

If local communities don't start hiring independent investigators to hold their local law enforcement accountable, they're going to start getting cops killed in vigilante style attacks.

This shit is outrageous and it's really fucked how IMPORTANT the role of cell phone cameras have been to document these police abuses.
    Er, murders.

Black people have known forever we can and have been killed without cause by dirty cops for generations, but now even with video proof nothing is done to many of these murderers after the fact.

These cops look like the biggest punks.
    It's hard to imagine two White men over 6 feet tall, over 220# and wearing kevlar vests packing side arms are SCARED TO DEATH of one random Black man.:smt119

14. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Absolutely! All they have to say is... "I/we were scared for our life", and basically they walk. I'm just sitting here at my desk because I'm so disturbed and pissed.

15. K

K Well-Known Member

SCARED TO DEATH of a Black man THEY have pinned on the ground??? PLEASE

It's all crazy! And these "officers" will now basically get paid vacation for some ridiculous amount of time.

16. medullaslashin

medullaslashin Well-Known Member

Sorry guys -- I gotta go against the grain on this one.

In the vid above, he looked like he was reaching (looking down, moving his arm, fumbling with something). Plus, he did in fact have a gun, and he didn't cooperate from the jump.

A bit more on that last point: I know cops are not "massa" and we shouldn't have to lay down on the ground when they say so - but - they are armed men.

If this were a "bad guy" who accosted him instead, he would've cooperated. Well, cop aren't all "good guys" (shouldn't we know that by now?), so when they have their guns trained on you and are shouting, you need to treat the situation like you would with any other bad guy. Live to fight back another day.

I can't say this is a justified shooting, but it's america's version of a justified shooting.

I'm far more upset about the Philando Castile shooting, because Philando did nothing wrong. He informed the cop that he had a legal weapon, and then the cop shot him when he went for his id (because the cop had requested his id).

If a cop asks me for ID, I think I'd rather just say, "officer, can I just assume the position instead? I don't want to reach for my wallet and have you overreact."

Then let him find the gun I guess, and tell him it's legal and where the permit is.

But what's reaaaally fucked up about the the Philando Castile shooting is we're not allowed to have our own weapons. Blacks get shot for having a bb gun at the counter where they sell bb guns -- no questions asked, just run up and shoot -- while white guys can walk around with AKs strapped to their shoulders.

All captured on video, and we're supposed to just swallow it, like we're broken.

This cannot stand.

17. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

If the two cops thought Alton Sterling was reaching in his pocket for a gun, you would think the FIRST thing they would have done once he was on the ground was go into his pockets themselves.

There is no police procedure where a cop shoots a man point blank range while his knee in his chest.

I know it was a weird angle and Alton was partially under the front of the car, but how cowardly and afraid do two bigass, burly cops have to be to lose control of that situation??

They were sitting on top of him and wearing kevlar vests.
    Act like you're in control and show some restraint.
    They pussied out like two 15 year old fake punk tough guys.

Listen to the vid.
    The cop didn't say if Alton reached for his gun he was gonna shoot him, he said if you fucking move and then pull out his service revolver.

They shot dude 5-6 times.

That's not police procedure. That's straight two cops being too afraid and punk ass to do their jobs.

Doesn't matter what anyone thinks they saw anyway.

In Baton Rouge no jury is going to charge two White cops with murder when the suspect was armed.

You're right, we as Black folk are not allowed to own firearms, no matter what the laws say.

A White dude with a gun is a patriot and defender of the 2nd Amendment.
    A Black man with a gun is an armed and dangerous criminal suspect.

I'll say it again to anyone who will listen, as a Black man no matter what you think your rights are, if a cop stops you, you are no longer in control of the situation.

If you try to pretend you and that cop are on equal footing or that you have a 'right' to argue with him, you're fucking with your LIFE.

The only time I would ever be aggressive with a cop is if I thought he was going to kill me anyway, like if he got me out of my car, took out his gun and told me to walk into an alley.

Otherwise, you have to let the cop do whatever bullshit he or she is going to do and realize you just got processed into the legal system and let shit play out.

What I think I'm gonna do is set up a dash cam system for my car so I have PROOF of what went down if a cop tries to bullshit his way into charging me for something I didn't do.

18. 1449225

1449225 Well-Known Member

We all are!

19. stiletoes

:freehug: Obama was great on TV, I hope people listen. Racism truly is taught.

20. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

He had a gun in an open carry state. And what reason did they have to tackle him to the ground? He was selling CDs