African American SORORITY Delta Sigma Theta White female member

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by darkcurry, Sep 23, 2017.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Sam White – a Kappa Alpha Psi member – known as White Chocolate's sister just joined African American SORORITY Delta Sigma Theta

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Run, girl, before it's too late. Someone will start a social media jihad against you soon. They'll charge you with cultural appropriation tacked on with the misdemeanor of being a white guuurll.

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

That's whats so fucked up about how a lot of young brothers and sisters think about race relations these days. MLK Jr. fought and died for the dream of racial equality where all races could participate in all things without prejudice. Yet so many of these young black folks want to segregate everything and at the same time use the same racist tactics that kept us down.

4. darkcurry

Too late! I got that story from MTO. And the comment sections is full of them, with some defenders citing what @Thump is talking about.

5. darkcurry

It's like my mentor told me, black people can't be racist but they can be bigots. That's how I learned that there is a difference between racism and bigotry.

6. blackbull1970

blackbull1970 Well-Known Member

She is not the first..........

https://www.watchtheyard.com/deltas/joan-mulholland-delta-sigma-theta-white-member/

Joan Mulholland

Did you know that the first white member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc., was a freedom rider who was hunted by the KKK for working to desegregate the south named Joan Trumpauer Mulholland?

Mulholland was born in 1941 and raised in Arlington, Virginia. Her great-grandparents were slave owners in Georgia who after the United States Civil War became sharecroppers and she grew up in a household that supported segregation.

Joan attended Duke for undergrad and in the Spring of 1960 participated in her first of many sit-ins. The idea of protecting the white women from blacks was something that southern racism and segregation were supposed to fighting for so the idea of a white woman from the south defending the rights of blacks confused many people. Joan’s activism was not understood by many and she was branded as mentally ill, and was taken in for a mental evaluation after her first arrest.

Mulholland was disowned by her family for protesting and dropped out of school at Duke after being pressured by the dean of women to stop her civil rights activism.

In 1961, Mulholland, along with Stokely Carmichael (the activist and later SNCC chairman), Hank Thomas, and others were arrested as Freedom Riders and brought to the most dreaded prison in Mississippi: Parchman Penitentiary, a jail in the Delta, which is not far from where Emmett Till had been murdered. Many of the freedom riders remained behind bars for about a month but Mulholland had no plans and no place to go until school opened in the fall. She served her two-month sentence and additional time to work off the $200 fine she owed.

After being released from jail, Charlayne Hunter-Gault and Hamilton E. Holmes became the first African American students to enroll at the University of Georgia. Mulholland thought, “Now if whites were going to riot when black students were going to white schools, what were they going to do if a white student went to a black school?” She decided to be the first white student to enroll in Tougaloo College in Jackson, where she met Medgar Evers, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Reverend Ed King, and Anne Moody. Two years later, she became the first white member to pledge Delta Sigma Theta, Sorority Inc.

Click Above Link For Full Story....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  7. JamalSpunky

I used to say in America black people could be prejudiced, but, hey bigoted works just the same.

8. JamalSpunky

Never knew about this woman. And black folks (particularly black females) are going to ensure no one else learns about her either. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Holy shit, I never knew about her. Thank you for highlighting her. It's always good to learn something new!

10. darkcurry

11. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Why would she want to join though?
    What could she possibly get from it?
    Do white people try to join Asian organizations? Do men try to join sororities?
    There are certain spaces where you should be able to reserve exclusivity ie wwbm

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Maybe most of her friends are black. Maybe she goes to a HBCU

13. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the only reason that makes sense is that she goes to an HBCU or a majority black non-HBCU.

14. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Queen of the jungle syndrome. Look at her sorors she's the only one who's not overweight or busted. Automatic attention. If she was in a whitegirl sorority nobody would think twice. I wouldn't date that chick either, too much sistagirl influence. I like my white powder uncut thank you

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. JamalSpunky

Why do non-white women join white sororities? And doesn't society write off any white person as racist whenever white people wonder why some black person wants to join some organization, attend some school or live in some town that has been all white? It is so rich that we black folks can now question the damn motives of suspicious white folks who try to change our way of life. Hilarious. That attitude leads to the hysteria one finds on Black Twitter. It is why that white sorority had its step dancing award pretty much taken away five or so years back after all of those bitter tears from black women who wouldn't care about step dancing otherwise.

I don't know anything about Ms White or her motives for joining a black sorority. But I don't care. It is not for me to judge. That's the job for Delta Sigma Theta who allowed her in. Anyone outside that group who objects is probably worried deep down that she is seeking black men. It is the same insecure paranoia that white society put on display back in the day when black men broke the color barrier in white organizations (the notion that they would have more access to white women).

16. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I don't think it's that deep. She's probably from a background where she's used to being around Black folk and feels more comfortable in that environment. Also, as others have said she might attend a HBCU.

Sororities and fraternities are just social and community service organizations. It's no more strange to me than when a Black person joins an all White greek organization.

LOL when you tried to compare this White woman joining the Deltas to a MAN trying to join a sorority.

Being female, this WW has more in common generally with her Black sorors than a random Black dude.

There is a growing number of non-Black students who attend HBCUs across the country and most of them have a positive experience, from what I read.

We always talk about the only way to end racism in this country is for White people to become more conscious about the humanity of Black folk.

IMO there's no better way to do that than for a White girl to join a Black sorority.

17. darkcurry

It is all about the reason, objective, motive. That is ALL that matters. If anyone comes here and don't support wwbm unions and trying to get us to change or what have you that is when joining is wrong.

18. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

If you say so. Her being white will give her more attention and advantages

19. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Not really, not in a Black sorority. In fact I bet some of those girls hate her guts and treat her shady all day long.

20. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I was wondering why are there no pics of her with current Sorority members.