Admitting your attraction/preference

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by tp480, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

She is not a good friend if doesn't like the skin color of a man you dated.

2. vanille

vanille Active Member

I grew up in a private environment, private schools, etc...
    Not a lot of black people around, or anything else for that matter.

Also, I don't think my parents would really like it as well ^^'
    Could be wrong though, I don't really know how they would react at all

3. Soulthinker

Wow, not even oil rich Africans. You are starting from the beginning in a interracial relationship.

4. sarah23

sarah23 Well-Known Member

That's awful.
    I know people will call you a slut behind your back, but I never had someone say it to me.
    If you like to be with an African guy, you do not let anyone discourage you.

5. Soulthinker

French women had been dating Black men since France first had their first African colony. It's shameful there's still racism when it comes to dating.

6. sarah23

There will always be some racism, I think.
    But there are still a lot of French women with black and Arab men..
    And that will not change.

7. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Growing up in the Deep South, my parents taught me that dating White girls would ruin my life and even endanger my safety. Years later, one of my sister's White college friends complimented my appearance and flirted with me. I couldn't believe she was unconcerned about my race and was eager to learn more about me. I remember stumbling over my words and avoiding eye contact because she was so good-looking.

My parents were furious and harshly criticized me when I moved away from home and began dating women of various ethnic and racial backgrounds. They eventually saw love the way I do, as something that transcends race and skin color.

8. vanille

vanille Active Member

I was never told explicitly not to date black men or else. And I don't really think it's racism in a strict way.
    It's just that they never really even considered it.
    So I guess when you never "delt" with things like that and they kinda pop to your face, you might get a little confused.

The reaction will obviously differ.
    I was the same, actually, I guess my response was a good one x)
    Some other will just take more time and other will never change their mind.

You can't however change the whole world.
    But the more the merrier I guess ;-)

9. Soulthinker

It does however show in a subtle way as well. The way it was dealt with is a excuse because in Paris and larger French cities have interracial couples and they are not that isolated.

10. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

That's a shame. My first major crush in HS was white, and she had me wrapped around her finger. Or she would have, if she had even looked at me like that lol.

But the school I went to was pretty diverse, and it wasn't uncommon to see a lot of interracial dating. This was back in the mid-late 90s, so I hope that things have only gotten better for the next generation since then.

11. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

I have never really had to explain my attraction to white women at all, as it has never come up in conversation. Over the years, I've found that white women seem to be a lot less reluctant to approach me than women of other races, including black women.

At least that's how it seems, based on my interactions with women.

12. SexyTara

SexyTara New Member

Absolutely , jus always been attracted to gorgeous sexy handsome beautiful black guys

13. beccaomecca

beccaomecca Well-Known Member

Growing up in the hell hot box of Australia I first fell in love with the black man when I got into 2Pac I’d buy the source magazine just to admire the sexiness of African American men (what a creep) out of the whole school I attended there was one black kid so naturally he was my secret crush
    I no longer have a preference because whether they’re built like a brick shithouse or packing a micro, their ass is bound to cheat

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I agree with Madeleine. Vanille, live your life and seek your own happiness and fulfillment.

15. sarah23

The most right wing, anti immigrant parties in Europe are led by WW ! !
    France, Italy, United Kingdom.
    Life is not improving for WW/BM

Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
  16. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Life is stupid, and I hate it sometimes

17. jen14

jen14 Active Member

Personally, I have no issue "admitting" my attraction or the fact that I am now married to a black man. Having said that, I have no desire to scream it off of a rooftop either. I am with who I am with and it is no different if he was any other race. I make no effort to hide it or go out of my way to bring it up and let everyone know, if it comes up it comes up. And when it comes up "out of nowhere" or "without warning", I have seen some surprised faces and things of that nature but nothing too crazy.
    Having said that though, I must admit that I was nervous about telling my family, especially my son when I first started dating my black then boyfriend... I made the introduction later than I probably would have if he was white and I actually took the time to talk with them and let them know beforehand that I am dating outside of my race now and he is black.... I just didn't want any surprises, thankfully they were all great about it and there were no issues. Aside from that, I do not treat "admitting" my attraction or who I am with any differently than if he was white or any other race for that matter

18. beccaomecca

beccaomecca Well-Known Member

I love this xx

One of my ex colleagues used to work in New York, she met her husband over there, she’s in her mid 50’s. One day I was talking to her getting to know her and she was telling me how she worked on Wall Street and then blurted out ever so proudly how she has an American husband that she met while she lived over there but she said ‘he’s not just any American, he’s African American’ lol! They were both over six foot lol. It’s funny because over here black people in general are rare. It’s assumed that all white women are married to white men lol so admittedly I was surprised but in a good way.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. breanna03

breanna03 New Member

I had trouble with it when I lived with my parents. They knew I was attracted to black men and didn't like that, so I kept it to myself. But after moving out, it's no big deal. It's nice to be able to live life on my own terms :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I'd say this is just about the perfect attitude. Big props.