Actor Roger Moore (1927-2017)

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by SilverSmith, May 23, 2017.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

05/23/2017

The much-loved British actor, who made his name on the small screen before taking on the mantle of 007, has passed away in Switzerland.

He was the epitome of the suave English gent, quipping sweatlessly in a bespoke three-piece suit, who enjoyed an acting career spanning eight decades. On Tuesday, Roger Moore’s children announced his death at the age of 89 in Switzerland, saying: “he passed away today ... after a short but brave battle with cancer”.

Moore was best known for playing the third incarnation of James Bond as well as his roles in hit shows The Saint and The Persuaders.

He also devoted a lot of his time to humanitarian work, becoming a Unicef goodwill ambassador in 1991.

Moore also wrote two books about his time as Bond as well as two autobiographies, the most recent of which was 2014’s Last Man Standing.

When asked by Time in 2012 who his favourite Bond was, he changed his mind from Sean Connery to Daniel Craig.

“You can either grow old gracefully or begrudgingly,” he said to GQ in 2008. “I chose both.”

Moore is survived by his wife, Kristina Tholstrup, and three children.

http://bit.ly/2qfLrcD

2. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I remember him before James Bond when he played The Saint and The Persuaders starring him and Tony Curtis. He recently said his condolences to that character actor who played the Southern Sheriff in Live And Let Die. Sir Roger Moore would be sorely missed.

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Loved him in the Saint. Awesome series l only discovered in 2014 on Retro T.V.

My fav Bond movie of his is The Spy
    Who Loved Me.

R.I.P, handsome.

4. hellspawn72

hellspawn72 Member

He was my favorite Bond. He always approached that character with class and a suave charm.

R.I.P. 007.