Obama/Medvedev exchange accidently captured

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

President Obama Asks Medvedev for 'Space' on Missile Defense - 'After My Election I Have More Flexibility'

http://news.yahoo.com/president-oba...ile-defense-election-101729176--abc-news.html

This is just a snippet from YT I found, but ABC in the link have the story, The WH's response, and the video of the whole exchange.

[YOUTUBE]4JpPU-SwcbE[/YOUTUBE]

The exchange:

President Obama: On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved but it's important for him to give me space.

President Medvedev: Yeah, I understand. I understand your message about space. Space for you…

President Obama: This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility.

President Medvedev: I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir.

------------

:p Ah, such sweet promises, Mr President.

2. Alinoa

Alinoa New Member

I'm not exactly sure I'm understanding the consequences here, but I know when I (half ass listen) to the snippets about it on the new, they keep saying it in conjunction with Russia's nuclear (Nu-clear!) capabilities.

Im a bit confused as to why a presidents aim to want to keep his country at peace and his people undead is such a bad thing. But then we did invade Iraq for no plausible reason at all. Maybe people are still on a "oh shit! War is fucking cool kick".

I did see one of the GOP candidates saying this was an alarming development tho.

But I seriously think that this GOP candidate is a far more alarming development that Obama getting re-elected for fucks sake.

3. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Nice post!

But the issue with many of the GOP candidates, they still think it's Cold War Soviet Union...which Russia's only a part of it and the iron curtain is long gone.

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG].....[​IMG] Where you been, babe?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...on-was-rigged/2011/12/05/gIQAxIiuWO_blog.html
    Moscow protests Putin after observers say election was rigged

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/05/russia-china-veto_n_1255990.html
    Russia, China Veto Of Syria UN Resolution Sparks Outrage

http://kavkazcenter.com/eng/content/2010/08/25/12422.shtml
    U.S. accuses Russia in supplying weapons to al-Qaida and Taliban

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...of-elections/2012/02/14/gIQA1s6DIR_story.html
    In Russia, Putin allies sharpen anti-American attacks ahead of elections

February, 2012, MOSCOW — A nasty spate of anti-Americanism set off by Vladimir V. Putin has grown into waves of attacks aimed at the new American ambassador and Russian opposition leaders, raising questions about the future of U.S.-Russian relations.......

C'mon BBW, smell the [​IMG]
    (You too, Ali)

5. Morning Star

As I said, the GOP candidates insists on thinking that the iron curtain is still alive and well, which is far from the truth.

I never implied that Russia's government isn't corrupt. I'm well aware of that. The U.S. support questionable government entities from all over the world. What else is new?

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

NO they DO NOT. This is what I dislike about extremists for their parties. We in the middle get to endure the absurdities of the accusations.

Just corrupt? That's more than corruption. Read the articles.

Obama and his promises. So what do you think...lying through his teeth?,
    or genuine that he'll put the fix in favors for Vladimir above America's best interests?...You tell me.

7. Morning Star

I'm sorry. I should rephrase it. Romney thinks this is still the Cold War and he should jump away from that mindset, the same way how Mormonism hasn't truly evolved and their changes are only for their personal means.

And as far as the articles are concerned, I'm WELL AWARE of the events that unfolded in the elections in Russia and yes, I could safely assume it's rigged. Or MAYBE, there simply weren't any powerful political influences in that country since United Russia has been in power for so long, coupled with a great deal of apathy within the nation.

As for the Syrian conflict? It's expected that Russia simply wants to maintain good ties with a country that serves as their economic benefactor, as do China as well. It's no different when the U.S. wanting to do some trading with countries of mutual interests. Remember the whole Gulf War fiasco? Let alone the situation with Iran and Iraq decades ago? No different. Geopolitical affairs are highly complicated, but the simple gameplan with any nation is "You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours."

And the Russian envoy in the article? It's one man that's being focused on as opposed to an entire government entity that partook in a government position. Besides, it's a two year old article and there hasn't been any talks of it since.

And lastly, the anti-American fervor? It's just politics and quite frankly, no politician abroad would be that stupid to actually believe or act on tyrannical tendencies, especially when there are economic ties. Besides, Russia's in no position, nor power to even try and cause a ruckus of that nature. Economy is the real problem and no need to overspend on any unnecessary altercations.

And lastly, to answer your question...like any (practical) politician, Obama simply wants the best possible solution and Russian relations will be a start.

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Well ty for you respondent viewpoint, BBW. A good read!

9. Alinoa

Alinoa New Member

I think BBW's name includes the word 'wise' for a reason.

Cuz he pretty much is.
    and stuff

10. Morning Star

:p I'm vain like that.

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Oh please stop, both of you. Frankly, I always thought it stood for wise-ass. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

~

12. Morning Star

If you rub baby oil on my ass...you can see the secrets of the universe. ;)

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Or find a hidden pooter [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Morning Star

Hahahah, I've been having a blast with that thing and so far, it's been working well. What's messed up is...though I'm right handed, I'm getting better fart sounds from my left hand. The right hand...tend to get the squeezing farts.