Somali men + white women = ??

Discussion in 'The International Perspective' started by SomaliMale, Aug 12, 2012.

1. SomaliMale

SomaliMale New Member

since this is a black men - white women forum and Somali men are also black, I like to hear what your thoughts are on Somali men with white women, couples who are married or are dating.

2. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

Chances are there wouldnt be a flood of responses here. Maybe i could be wrong.

3. GQ Brotha

GQ Brotha New Member

:smt102

Nothing wrong with it.

Was always under the impression that Somalis, Eritreans, Ethiopians tended to for the most part stick to themselves around these subject matters when it comes to relationships.

Maybe that's just from what I see in the US. Don't know about other places globally though.

4. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

GQ the international media reports mostly one side of the African continent so probably the image is war, starvation with flies all over a sickly kid's face in the countries you mentioned. There is the hip urban side with upwardly mobile young to middle aged people have good taste in food and wine and go to great restaurants with the people not too tied down to traditions and culture so can easily go out with foreign women.

5. Sin Mari

Sin Mari New Member

My thoughts on Somali men dating white women are no different than my thoughts on anyone else dating. What is it you wanted to discuss??

6. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I have noticed that trend as well, GQ, even among Africans from the Horn that I have known for over 20 years. On only one occasion was a woman from the community tolerated in her dating outside of the ethnic groups. The men almost always marry or have serious relationships with women from within the community, but they feel free to date or have sex with whomever they choose. The women are generally not allowed the same freedom and face ostracism, intra-cultural censure, etc

7. smoothtalk

smoothtalk Member

i don`t think where you come from matters, if you are a good looking fella and respect girls

8. Ms. J

Ms. J Well-Known Member

my opinion is people should be with whomever they wish. btw, GQ - there's a hospital in which I used to work with a wonderful Eritrean physician whose wife was Lebanese & I believe they met & married back in the 60's; anyway, I thought it was pretty amazing & terrific

9. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

i'll co-sign ms sinful

10. curleyblonde

curleyblonde New Member

I am going to agree, and cosign Sins post too. Date whoever you want, what ever attracts you and whoever your heart desires..

11. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

[​IMG]

12. curleyblonde

curleyblonde New Member

Exactly petty, if a dog wants to love a pussy, then let love shine.

13. MissWacy

MissWacy New Member

its no different at all, it does happen

14. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

That's great. I always like to hear stories like that.

15. SomaliMale

SomaliMale New Member

thank you for your answer, this question was actually geared more towards the guys, so thanks for coming through.

quick intro:
    I'm from the UK 22 years old doing my Masters, dated mostly other Somali or East African women but also 9 white women, most were during my sixth form/high school days. My view on white women is very simple, they are fun, crazy and ball all out, I have a good time with them almost always. What motivated me to ask this question, well recently I have noticed in Uni the atmosphere is changing, for what ever reason I find white women now acting more like Somali or East African women, they looking more for long term relationships, they much more serious, some even as bold as Somali women. When I approach a Somali sista I go in thinking about marriage and knowing she will be thinking about it even more than me, even pushing it. With white women I am just looking to have fun, and when I get a real person's reaction I am just :smt104 and :smt076 because why so serious, sometimes they contradict white culture completely. I'm not just chasing tail though, in a way I am seeing a different side to white women and this is a good thing, and I still run into the crazy ones, just not as often. So I have started to consider being in serious relationship with a white woman for a couple months now.

I have never thought about being in a serious relationship 1-2 year relationship with white women before, so I thought :smt115 I should do some research, and what better place to learn from than here right.

I know being here I will learn so much. :-D

16. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

White women for fun?

Oh this outta be good

17. Ms. J

Ms. J Well-Known Member

oh, come on Petty - he's
    only 22 & besides everybody knows WW only want BM for 1 thing :yawinkle:

18. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

i must be getting old

i keep thinking about kids and families and stuff:smt012

19. Ms. J

Ms. J Well-Known Member

I hear ya, really I do...I'm just thinking about the outlook of many 22 year olds, myself in particular. At 22 I was thinking about getting into grad school & not at all thinking about marriage & kids.

20. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

wait ur 22?