Anti-Religious "Humor"

Discussion in 'Humor and Puzzles' started by Morning Star, Jul 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Lol...bat man is not a super hero...end of story. He cant fly...no xray vision ....nothing.

Hes an action hero. Period.

Dont get mad. Lol

Oh btw i stated to her in support of this thread. Lol. U still mad though. Lol

Oh the punisher is NOT a super hero

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  2. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

So you're trying to continue a discussion in which you've clearly have no understanding of (and lost, by the way on a huge margin), deflecting from this thread, and responding like a juvenile, ghetto-minded teenager or absent-minded minstrel show? You are more laughable and pathetic than I'd thought. Wow...and you are suppose to educate the younger generation and the way how you talk is reflective on our phone discussions? Sad.

I refuse to entertain your crazy ass.

3. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Lol

Lol

He mad.....

Lol

Lol
    Its funny how an atheist (it is a religion) getting mad over a fictional character who u think has super powers but dont...but just like he laughs at christians who you say believes in a fictional character.

Lol

It is sad....look at how u are responding

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  4. Morning Star

Completely irrelevant topics. But, I'll clear you up on the "atheism is a religion" bit. At least if you read this, you should have a better understanding of it.

Atheism is merely the position of lacking the belief in a god, nothing more. Nothing less. Buddhism, Jainism, and LaVeyan Satanism (to name a few) are all atheistic as they lack the belief in a god. However, they are spiritual as they are religious. They all follow a certain set of rules and guidelines, as an organization, collectively upholding or believing in certain things. So, no atheism isn't a religion, but religions can hold atheistic positions.

Further adding, religion is an institution. A collective set of rules and beliefs in which people abide by, normally through texts considered sacred. This is just an reiteration if you haven't figured it out yet. You shouldn't watch the "experts" of CNN or any news outlet who don't really take the time to understand what atheism is.

When breaking down the Latin defintion, a- means "without" and theism means "god". Very simple English here, right? The opposite of that would be "theism" which implies "god" or more specifically, a personal god. A source or "god" which has no personal interaction or care for the individual dead star would be called "deist". A collection of gods would be pantheism (pan meaning "all").

So, to summarize:
    • Atheism is not a religion
    • Religious institutions can harbor atheism
    • Religion is a collective organization with guided rules or laws

I was generous enough to break down this information for you, seeing that I'm an educational mood.

I won't return to the superhero discussion seeing that you've proven to have no knowledge on what superhero means and you're baiting me to retreat to that like a little snot-nosed child with nothing better to do.

5. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Actually religion is also defined as fundamental beliefs and practices...thus atheism qualifies.

6. goodlove

goodlove New Member

[YOUTUBE]83PeHIstSPM[/YOUTUBE]

Cnn special on atheism/humanism

7. Morning Star

Atheism is merely a position of lacking a belief. I figured you would ignore the post. That is not the same as a religion. And the CNN special, as I said, don't really cover much on atheism, but only the superficial perceptions based on the popular events, which took root. They didn't delve into anything except superficial perceptions.

And congrats on your lack of reading comprehension. There's no inherent practice in atheism except merely lacking the belief in a god. Don't be so daft and hardheaded.

8. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Lol
    Lol
    Good one .
    And congrats on your denial.

As stated its a religion....per the individuals in the cnn piece who are atheist

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Oh the sweet Irony and humor of it all! So really, athiests' Religion is to BELIEVE that no God exists..:smt042

10. Morning Star

I swear that I'm dealing with intellectually dishonest cretins. Either that or completely deluded teenagers who can't read.

Atheism was never professed as a religion, nor does lacking the belief in a god equates to being a religion. You are truly a poor man's minstrel show. Anyone with any lick of common understanding would actually see that. You still failed to show that atheism is a religion, where I've already pointed out and explained everything.

Confirmation bias of this nature only reinforces that you people have a lapse in the brain when it comes to certain topics that compels to jump out of your little shells. I mean seriously, you remind me of a monkey with neurological disorder when you post like that.

[​IMG]

Addressing the video, the guy was a former pastor who decided to start a "church" mainly because of the sense of community he felt that did not exist down in Louisiana's atheist community. Therefore, you didn't pay attention to the video, but exercised intellectual dishonesty.

As I've stated in my previous post, atheism is only a lack of belief in a god. There are no set principles nor guidelines, no books or texts to abide by. It's merely the simple position in which a person takes where the concept of god is just a human concept.

11. Morning Star

12. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

How is what you wrote any different than what I wrote? (below)
    Furthermore.."Older dictionaries define atheism as "a belief that there is no God."
    Again, exactly what l said.

14. Morning Star

"Lacking the belief" and "not believing" are two different things. Be careful with semantics. There's a clear distinction to draw between "God does not exist" vs. "I believe there is no god." It is analogous to "1 + 1 = 2" and "I believe 1 + 1 = 2"

Understand? Atheism is the absence of belief.

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Quit with the BS splitting of hairs. "Clear distinction" my butt. They mean the same thing. Everything is a belief. Including Atheism.

16. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Even in the cnn piece , ythe people who became atheist acknowledged its a religion. They gather and do speeches and etc...

Whats really funny ...? In the piece it discussed christians who became atheists and he still wants to distance himself from it.

Watch it. Its pretty good
    Lol

Like i said ... everyone is a hypocrite including me.

17. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Its a belief that G-d doesnt exist.

18. Morning Star

Wrong. Just because you have a hard time recognizing semantics doesn't make it hard to distinguish. When you throw around and abuse words, they are often lost. In this case, to accommodate (or rather, appease) your position to exercise equal validity, you would twist it around for your benefit.

Again, atheism is the rejection/absence/lack of belief in a supernatural, human made concept. To you, it's called a "belief" because it doesn't fit in your worldview. By your logic, then 1 + 1 should be more than 2?

19. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Oooooh. I get it.

You dont believe in the word belief

20. Morning Star

Being silly and benign won't win you anything other than making yourself look more childish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.