BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Fortunately I didn't find anything as blatant as that dude. I really mostly found more mainstream reviews with people complaining the Lucy-Max thing was forced/rushed/shoehorned in. Those comments were never a major part of the review though. All the vids I saw were praising the show and the actors.

Here's an example of guys who really loved the show but not Max and Lucy. The don't even mention wwbm stuff explicitly.

On the other hand, angry folks aren't hard to find on the internet. This vid discussed a guy who apparently couldn't stand the show and hated the interracial couples.

Here's one more interesting-looking video that speculates about Fallout's variant racial history. I haven't watched it, but I've speculated on that myself.

Last edited: May 4, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

I just didn't think it was that significant as the eighth episode aired long enough ago last month. The series is over already isn't it!?! All that happened in the eighth episode was just aftermath and again even it aired long enough ago last month for everyone to be caught up by this late date.

• List
  3. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Lol nope! This show has been dropping episodes weekly for the last month or 2. Episode 8 just dropped last week (which was also last month technically LOL). The season finale is coming up May 9th . Besides, I would still add spoiler tags for a little while after the season concluded, just as a courtesy for the stragglers. That's just me though, I'm sure others disagree

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

LOL. That reminds me of how years ago (around 2009-2010) I used post on a "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"/"Angel" forum and I remember that everyone on that forum seemed to dislike the Gunn & Fred IR 'ship on "Angel", but they loved the Wesley & Fred 'ship. They also loved the Willow-Tara lesbian 'ship on "Buffy" too. The excuses for why they hated the Gunn-Fred IR 'ship are basically the same exact reasons you mentioned that critics didn't like the Lucy-Maximus IR 'ship (It was forced/rushed/shoehorned in + another reason you didn't mention: "They lacked chemistry"). SMH.

Bruh, in this day & age where most people watch TV shows on their own time instead of watching it live when it airs, you should always assume spoiler quotes are needed. There's too much content available to expect folks to immediately watch some new streaming show when it first drops or the season ends. It might take months or years for folks to get around to catching up on it.

For example, every once in a while I'll randomly lurk older posts in this thread & find a show that was mentioned years ago in this thread and make a priority to watch it.

Anyway after seeing y'all's posts about "The Girls on the Bus", I might add that to my watchlist.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

LOL cosign. I'm a day 1 spoiler tag stan :D

I'm really liking the show. But lemme warn you, there's plenty of the woke stuff I know you can't stand lol. It's worth it to me tho, that isn't one of my many triggers. Also....
    ....the Sadie-Malcolm 'ship is the kinda bmww stuff I like to see. They're definitely into each other, but it's real love and caring instead of just sex and fetishization that's gone soon as the "real" love interest shows up. There is some sex tho lol

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  6. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I was never into Buffy like that, but I know exactly what you mean. In fact this may be the best time to make this point.... I see, on some level, how people could complain about Lucy and Max. I just don't think they're being completely fair. I'll explain with spoiler tags.

The show did set them up as a couple kinda quickly, over the course of a week or so I think. But I still think the match fits with the context of the story. Max and Lucy are both young adults who clearly haven't had lots of opportunity to meet eligible matches. It's not like they can swipe through Hinge and find a dozen more options.

The whole show starts with Lucy ready to spend the rest of her life with a dude she never even met before! Max was the first guy she met in her entire life who was kind, decent, reasonably attractive, brave, (mostly) capable, and not her cousin. The first thing he did when they met was save her life. He went out of his way to be good to her multiple times.

Why wouldn't she fall for him and wanna lock him up asap???

I HATE being this dude, but I gotta wonder if people would get hung up on this if Max was white. Part of me thinks they would just put it with all the other stories where couples meet and fall in love quickly.

7. Young Herschel

Ok @qaz1 . . . now you are simply showing off . . . yes you are lol :)

8. Young Herschel

The substance of what you have wrote here . . . 100% I agree with. There are so few options for eligible YA in that post-apocalyptic world . . . plus it seems like Lucy was a huge fan girl for the "Knights" and just needed to see one in live action for her school girl crush factor to ignite. Max met the moment too which was so significant in building this romantic relationship via first impression.

9. Young Herschel

I get where you're coming from @ColiBreh1 but regarding this MAX original it seemed to me that no one was discussing tbe show or watching here anyway so I was really just trying to pump up some interest in it ;)

10. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

If he was White they wouldn't bat an eye.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  11. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

Of course if he were white it would be a different story. We see it all the time when an attractive white female character is with a black guy vs when there is a white guy love interest. Remember Euphoria season one people to this day are still hating on the Cassie/McKay relationship and were actively wishing she was with Daniel(until he showed his true colors). The amount of hate McKay gets on the euphoria subbreddit is ridiculous, meanwhile season 2 Cassie is with an actual psychopath in Nate and people make all kinds of excuses for him.

12. ColiBreh1

Great point about Cassie-McKay 'ship on "Euphoria". I completely forgot about the hate that 'ship got probably becuz I never bothered with season 2.

13. ColiBreh1

I just watched the 1st episode of "The Girls on the Bus" & @qaz1 you weren't kidding. The fat woke leftist influencer pretending to be journalist is annoying AF. I like that they made the black female journalist a right-winger that works for right-wing media outlet, I wasn't expecting that. It definitely felt like that they were setting up the Sadie-Malcolm 'ship to be a big part of the show. The show is produced by a bunch of CW producers, so it was easy for me to get into.

I just looked up the cast for "The Sex Lives of College Girls" & y'all forgot to mention an important detail... The chick involved in the IR 'ship is the lead actress/character (or at the very least, she always gets 1st billing). SMH. I guess I might add this show to my watch list now.

14. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

The liberal bend of the show gets painfully obvious as the show progresses.The CW complexity destroys any real political intrigue. I’m not conservative but GOTB would be a perfect example of a liberal program masquerading as a balanced program about journalism.

A great counterpoint to GOTB would be VEEP. Clearly, a liberal show but it mercilessly skewers Democrats as political hacks pretending to care about their constituents. That’s appointment TV!

I labor through GOTB because Melissa B is so beautiful and if she’s gonna have a BM love interest, I’ll slog through it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  15. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

NBC Cancels Extended Family

NBC has canceled the comedy Extended Family after one season.

Extended Family follows Jim, played by Jon Cryer, and Julia, played by Abigail Spencer, who, after an amicable divorce, continue to raise their kids at the family home while taking turns on who gets to stay with them. Navigating the waters of divorce and child-sharing gets more complicated for Jim when the owner of his favorite sports teams (Donald Faison) enters the picture and wins Julia’s heart.

Its first season ended in March after 13 episodes.

DeWatermark.ai_1715131041226.jpg

Source: Deadline.com

• Informative Informative x 6
    • List
  16. Target 02

Target 02 Active Member

For "The Girls on the Bus"

How much IR stuff is in it? Natasha Behnam is mighty fine.

17. Young Herschel

There are multiple conversations and a few interracial sexual relations. It is really about the sociopolitical undertones and issues facing the country in an election year as various GOP and Democratic candidates maneuver and plot to ascend the primary polls with each journalist having her own political campaign favorite. It is not flooded or inundated with IR content but it's here and there.

Last edited: May 11, 2024
  18. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

The Girls On The Bus was boring to me. And politically predictive and cringy.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

New NBC/Peacock exclusive dating show Love Undercover(kinda like undercover boss meets the bachelor), premise is 5 Soccer/Futbol stars want to find love but because they are so well known in their home countries it hard to find women who want them for them or for their stardom. So whats the solution come to America(LA to be exact) where the game is far less population and they can be just your average everyday guys looking for love.

One of the guys on the show is Ryan Babel currently of Liverpool and the Dutch National Team
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  20. Young Herschel

Yooooooo!! I really love this novel concept!! I am going to check it out . . . damn I don't have Peacock :(

• Like Like x 1
    • List