The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

They're obviously doing the New 52 version where Orm's father is Atlantean and Thomas Curry is only the father to Arthur/Aquaman.

2. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I just can't wait to see how they are going to make underwater talking work.

3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Hmm. So where does this put the Flashpoint movie? Because Flashpoint started New 52 If I remember correctly.

4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

No where. Last I heard they were think of making the Flash movie (if/when it ever goes into production) along the line of the Guardians of the Galaxy and Thor : Ragnarok in tone. Wouldn't be surprised if there's suggestions/ rumors of both Flashpoint & lighter tone Flash movies at the same time.

DC/Warner Bros. is all over the the map (not in a good way though) when it comes to their live action DCU movies. They are putting way too much focus on Batman & Batman related characters than others characters to pull off a shared universe. There's no cohesion to anything they are doing.

5. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

@RicardoCooper Does this change your mind on the show?

6. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Who ever did the second part of season 1 was on point!!!
    I will watch it.

7. archangel

I can't believe I lost Mass effect for this crap. If they have decision making, then I may forgive them but I don't play bioware to shoot stuff only.

8. archangel

I didn't get a chance to comment on solo. I don't go to movies to see nonjedi people talk a lot(you too rouge one). I go to see a star wars movie to see Jedi history and fights. How do you make an entire movie with no Jedis fighting with lightsabers to my knowledge and think it will do so well. The only thing that saved rouge one was Vader.

9. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Trailer arriving on Saturday, July 21st.
    I'm excited to take a gander at Black Manta's full battle-suit.

10. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

^^Saw Solo and it was not your typical star wars movie I will give you that, was it great no, it was interesting. Of course if you are a star wars fan going in thinking this was a typical star wars movie you were going to be disappointed. The time period it took place in and the focal character should have told you right away you were not going to see any of that. The problem was the original Han is an iconic character played by iconic actor and trying to tell his story was always going to come up short.

As for rogue one, I actually really enjoyed it as it gave such a different perspective on the rebels, they were not this totally righteous and pure rag tag group of systems fighting the evil empire. They had did their share of dirt as well, they had their share of shady people on their side. It was not suppose to be a "star wars" movie it was suppose to be a gritty war movie where they showed even the good guys had to do evil sometime to accomplish their goal.

11. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Look who's coming back.

12. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Great that those hacks are gone but not really. Harberts and Berg finished 5 eps of S2 before getting canned, that's half of next season that will be crap. It's Kurtzman that had them listening to Beastie Boys and riding 20th century motorcycles in the 23rd century so I don't holdout much hope. My hatred of Discovery is baked into the very concept so there's nothing they can do for me except cancel it and start over correctly.

13. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

SOLO lost me with the "pansexual" Lando. Why didn't they make the white boy hero "pansexual." Not spending my money on any pop culture that emasculates or stereotypes black men. Bad enough they feminized Star Wars. Glad it tanked.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  14. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The Disney-Fox deal might be back on......again. Disney just upped their offer to $71 Billion to purchase Fox which is $5 Billion more than Comcast was offering. Comcast was already going to go into massive debt to buy Fox, it isn't known if they can come up with even more money to top Disney's offer.

We should know for sure in July if we can officially welcome The X-Men to the MCU.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/20/disney-raises-bid-for-fox-assets-to-38-a-share.html

15. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I have to agree with that. I don't think him being pansexual emasculates him or black men. I could, however, understand if they made him a carbon copy of some queer eye stereotype. What it does do is build itself off of, "yeah n***ers will fuck anything" stereotype. And I am not surprised that the new "feminist star wars" pushes that agenda. Considering that all feminism does is take stereotypes that are often reserved for black men, and to avoid being called racist they just say, "all men". Lando could have fucked anything without having to throw that out there. I know because they did it with Captain Kirk and Star Trek (and interestingly enough made the one asian character they had, gay). LGBTQ acceptance in films rarely involves their white main characters if there is a person of color (often a black man) who can take that role. I see right through that hollywood feminism.

I'd also like to add that the only two people of color characters in the current star wars films (force awakens the last jedi), are janitors (Finn and the new character), and a hot headed machismo hispanic man. I mean, they can't make the racist shit any more obvious.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  16. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I'm 15 episodes into this past season 4 of "Gotham". This deaf kid from Sofia Falcone's Orphanage that The Penguin has taken under his wing to be his mentor, has to be a Batman villain/character from the comics to be getting this much screentime, right?

17. darkcurry

More so white males. They will make white males sexy and the object of affection more than they will make him gay.

I have been watching this new scifi show on youtube that I believe @SilverSmith recommended called IMPULSE that centers around sexual assault and the white female character playing the step sister of the main white female character is involved with a black kid who is portrayed as a good kid and she even lost her virginity to him. Her sister the main white female character was sexually assaulted in the first episode by the white male jock... but she has a white boyfriend who is portrayed as her white knight, good kid, ect.
    Now even though the girl is interested in the black kid and has had sex with him and everything and he is a good kid like the white boyfriend, here is the thing... SHE'S GAY! She is struggling with her sexual identity and confessed to her step sister that when she lost her virginity to the black kid she didn't really enjoy it. And the real fucked up thing they did to this black kid on this show was the main white female character had a dream where the black kid was about to rape her step sister in the same way the Jock attempted to rape her.

The netflix show Everything Sucks kind of had the same thing happen with the white girl that was moving towards getting involved with the black boy, but she was struggling with her sexual identity and realize that she was gay.

18. meowkittenmeow

Hmmm... That is some pretty messed up stuff. The messages they are trying to send are rather obvious. It's a shame, really.

19. darkcurry

Yeah, the Feminist in Hollywood have their own way of displaying their bigotry for straight black males and heterosexual interracial relationships involving black men and they use the LGBTQ to do it.

Things like that makes me get why some be skeptical and afraid of what are they going to do with Cloak and Dagger but I trust Marvel.

20. meowkittenmeow

I trust that disney doesn't want anything to get messed up the way star wars was messed up. Overly divisive films aren't great for consumer confidence.