BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

As we know Hollywood is still racist. So we can't win them all. I think IR overall on television between bm/ww is headed towards a strong push.
    We already have these shows featuring IR between bm/ww:

- Stranger Things
    - Dynasty
    - Timeless
    - Midnight, Texas (which features a rare vampire IR romance. And renewed for season 2 this summer.)
    -The Originals
    -The Good Place
    -Friends From College (even though some of us didn't like it. lol. But that was renewed for season 2.)
    -La Esclava Blanca (a spanish language show set in 19th century colombia on netflix.)

And upcoming shows like:
    - Life Sentence
    - Cloak and Dagger
    - For The People

Netflix has some IR movies on their site like:
    - Little Boxes
    - The Watcher
    - 100 Streets
    - BRIGHT (Will Smith's wife is white)
    - Five Nights In Maine
    - Don't Think Twice
    - Reality High (Teen Movie that even though it is lead by a black female in the trailer it has IR between a black boy and a white girl and the black kid seems to the romantically pursued by the girls.)
    - Mum, Dad Meet Sam
    - CRU
    - Somewhere In The Middle
    - The Week Of (upcoming Chris Rock, Adam Sandler picture.)

But we should of see the barage of black women in IR relationships coming (Did't @flaminghetero talk a bit about this. lol.) with women rising in power in Hollywood (which was the main point of the #Metoo movement.) that black women were going to want this power too, meaning the only way it would be accepted of a black man having big time success is if he caters to black women or it is okay'ed by black women. We already seen what happened with Michael B. Jordan, break out star of Black Panther, considered a hollywood heartthrob and now these black women put him on notice with the warning of the whole black panther boycott when they found out he was dating a non-black girl. The threat obviously didn't do anything to the film's success, but since then he has proclaimed himself single and have flirted with Lupita N'yongo. I guarantee you he is thinking about NOT taking roles that have him playing the love interest of a white woman because that "controversy" made him think twice. So that what that threat was REALLY meant to do. Control him. Jay Ellis now hides his relationship after fans of insecure found out he was dating a white woman. Did you see he and Nina Senicar's IG post of Valentine's Day. lol. Some black women are already talking about how Luke Cage and Claire Temple should remain a couple or they will boycott the show if they break up. Taye Diggs have already came out and said that he don't know if he can ever date another white woman again because of the hate her got when he was married to Idina Menzel. Now they are aiming for and getting power in Hollywood, so black men are taking a backseat after the very short time we had a chance to sit up front. So you are not going to be seeing much mainstream promotion and a lot of hype over anything IR involving a black man (unless it is gay.) that at least they will allow to overtake black female projects in hollywood. So black media like shadow and act will not give much hype and promotion to most of those shows and movies I have listed. Cloak and Dagger is Marvel's most anticipated new show and I don't think many black media outlets have mentioned it. So even though we are headed towards a strong push, it is still and will ALWAYS be met with negativity.

2. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

There's also IR in the ABC show Kevin Probably Saves the World. The ratings for the show are very low so it might not get a second season, but from what I've seen, the IR is well done.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I just looked up the cast of "Kevin Probably Saves the World" on Wikipedia. PLEASE tell me the IR 'ship on the show involves JoAnna Garcia & J. August Richards.

Looks like JoAnna Garcia is the leading female character on the show, but according to the premise on Wikipedia she the twin sister of the lead character played by Jason Ritter. So I'm assuming my guess is right?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  4. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

Yup. It's her!

5. darkcurry

[​IMG] [​IMG]

She reminds me of another actress who;s name I can't remember right now.

6. darkcurry

Thanks for sharing the info. I figured I would miss some, but they are out there it's just that the mainstream media and especially black media wouldn't dare promote and do stories on it more than black women involved in IR.

7. ColiBreh1

8. ColiBreh1

Is J. August Richards (A.K.A. Gunn from "Angel") the dude?

9. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Amy Adams?

10. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Yup

11. darkcurry

Yes! That's who she remind me of. Thanks.

12. Soscean

Soscean Member

Last episode in Falling Water, "Love is a Dreamer", Burton and Tess locked lips finally. Burton other girl had to flee the city, so he moved on to the main star woohoo!! :D

medium-clean.jpg

13. darkcurry

Finally got around to watching the first 2 episodes of the show. Underrated show.

14. ColiBreh1

I'm 10 minutes into watching the pilot of "Kevin Probably Saves the World" right now. I recognize from the opening credits that the Creators/Producers/Writers of this show are the same 2 people that did the supernatural dramedy series "Reaper" that aired on The CW back in 2007-2009. I knew the the tone of this show felt familiar to me.

15. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Just not sure how I feel about this. I like him with the Lady In Red.

16. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

New Zealand soap opera Shortland Street one of it main leads Tane Williams plays Alim Karim is usually involved in an IR love storyline.

His currentl love interest on the show is nurse Dawn Robinson played by Rebekah Palmer
    This is the scene where his character confesses his feeling for her.
    https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/v...49_2013481318936716_4044423857711349760_n.mp4

Prior to this his character was married to and had a kid with Lucy Rickman played by Grace Palmer, their show relationship ended when she decided to leave the show. Her character died as a result of complications after the birth of their daughter
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Now on season 2 of "Greenhouse Academy", the main character is engaging in faux interracial with her former arch-nemesis Daniel . . . . looks like some real feelings may evolve ala 90210 Dixon & Ivy and then the dreeded love triangle as her former crush comes back on some 1970 Jackson 5 shit lol. This interracial was really unforeseen and the sophmore season of "Greenhouse Academy" has truly tried to step its game up dramatically from season 1 . Thanks in no small part to all the acollades that "Stranger Things" has earned for NETFLIX

18. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member

Has anyone posted about this before? A Canadian limited series that is being ported to America on WGN. Redhead's lover is a black man on this and he seems like a major character.

19. darkcurry

They cancelled this show back in 2016 so it looks like they are just airing the first season in re-runs.

20. ColiBreh1

Actually "Shoot the Messenger" aired in Canda from Oct-Dec 2016, but it didn't get canclled till May 2017.