Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Mudbound is a really good movie about two WW2 veterans (one black the other white) who strike up a friendship after returning home to the racist south to work on a farm with their families. There is an IR relationship between the black veteran and a European woman.

The movie is currently available on Netflix.

2. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Watched it....messed me up in that one scene if you seen the scene you know what I am talking about.

3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Have not got around to watching this yet.

4. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I read that in the book. Pleased they are including it in that flick. It is like a Emmitt Till type of a IR. Hope someone sees it since I don't have Netflix.

5. Soulthinker

Are you talking about the way the homeboy soldier was treated or his fate?

6. Soulthinker

I remember a subject like that in the flick Hurry Sundown about 50 years ago.

7. Soulthinker

The movie was made 50 years ago. I first saw it on tv 34 years ago. A word was censored and finally I found out when I rented it on VHS in the late 80's.

8. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Saw the film last Saturday at a "quaint" arthouse movie theater during the one week it was scheduled to run in my area. The Mudbound novel is great for the first 3/4 of the narrative. The last quarter falls apart somewhat and makes me annoyed at both Jamie and his sister-in-law. The movie isn't as good as the book, a solid 7 out of 10. The cinematography is outstanding as is the acting (the hype for Blige makes no sense though). The ending of the movie is in a way more hopeful and upbeat than the novel which director Dee Rees taking a real chance with that conclusion. Rees is a talented African American director who also happens to be a lesbian. I bring this up because I don't think a heterosexual black female director working today would give us such an ending.

9. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

EH I can see why she went for the more hopeful ending....these are trying times...

10. darkcurry

For the older audience(mainly)

Just Getting Started - Morgan Freeman, Tommy Lee Jones and Rene Russo

11. Soulthinker

I will check it out.

12. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I remember an interview with Kevin Costner on the film of Tin Cup. He talked about Rene Russo. "She's all-girl," he said of her. And she still is.

This movie should have been titled Silver Fox because these men do exist in retirement homes.

Freeman and Jones are sure to keep things interesting in this film. I think it has potential.
    I, too will check it out.

13. Soulthinker

It is good but,a bit disappointing. I will say more after you had seen it.

14. blackbull1970

blackbull1970 Well-Known Member

I got chewed out earlier in this thread for posting Netflix movies in this thread.

Are Netflix/Streaming movies considered movies for this thread?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  15. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The title of this thread is IR movies, so if someone posts about a movie I don't see why it should be an issue what platform it's on.

16. blackbull1970

blackbull1970 Well-Known Member

True, but mofos went off on me earlier.

If you got to Post #1330 on page 67 of this thread, you see what I mean.

17. darkcurry

I remember that, I think we're good now though. lol.

18. darkcurry

The Mountain Between Us will be out on DVD on the 26th and on Netflix January 2nd. So enjoy for those that didn't get to see it in theatres. I think you can get it early though on some sites like Amazon. For those who didn't get a chance to see it in theatres go ahead and check it out. Me and my gf enjoyed it. That and A United Kingdom best IR romance movies in a long time. Enjoy!

19. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I'll wait for Netflix or the DVD because I am not crazy about going to the theater.

20. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I hear you, I only go to the theater for big releases these days.