African American SORORITY Delta Sigma Theta White female member

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by darkcurry, Sep 23, 2017.

1. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Rachael White's bro is a a Kappa, so I guess it's not surprising she joined a Black greek letter organization.

She's probably been around Black greek members a lot growing up.

BTW, a little research says this chick went to the University of Pittsburgh and is now attending the Pitt Business School.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I don't get why we have to be so accepting everywhere. Every other minority group isn't expected to accept everyone with open arms.
    Let this be an Indian sorority and see how "welcoming " they are especially to black people. Not every single space has to include all people. Then again their sorority their rules

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Its just a sorority and these are women. Women can't even choose who they want to gossip or watch wonder woman with, without you throwing a tandrum......LMAO

4. The Dark King

Well I never

5. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

LOL. She got that at birth.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. The Dark King

True but not at the expense of what's suppose to be a space to celebrate blackness.

7. JamalSpunky

WTF. Look there are times to be protective of what is "ours" and times in which to know which battles aren't worth fighting. If white sororities and white fraternities can't get away with blatantly barring people of other races from joining their groups, how can yo expect a black sorority to discriminate? It would make us look like hypocrites.

8. The Dark King

The same way there are women only spaces and not men only spaces. One promotes health and safety the other would promote supremacy and dominance over others. Its not a 1:1 fam

9. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Pretty much. This is what I usually point out whenever I see black folks complaining about white characters being in black TV shows & movies (i.e. Tommy in "Power").

10. The Dark King

Tommy added an interesting element and its fiction which adds a different element anyway don't you think?

11. JamalSpunky

Absurd. Women's only spaces are REQUESTED by women who want women's only spaces. Thus the women don't invite or allow any men to enter. But this sorority we are discussing in this thread seem to have WILLINGLY taken in a white female. They weren't forced to do so. They do not feel threaten by her presence thus the invitation and acceptance of her being a member. They are a black sorority and that doesn't change if they take in a non-black member, just as black churches don't becomes non-black if they have a handful of members of another race.

12. bodhesatva

bodhesatva Well-Known Member

I totally agree! It really stinks because stuff like this gives racists good counterarguments. Obviously racism is real and it's much more prevalent than most conservatives admit to, but some progressives take it too far, labeling basically everything racism (including things like this, even though the white woman seems proud of her choice and the black sorority sisters obviously accepted her).

Kind of a weird comparison, but it would be like saying "Climate change is real and the earth is going to be 10,000 degrees by the year 2100." I mean, the first part of your argument is right -- climate change is real -- but then you give those who disagree with you tons of ammo to shoot back with by going way overboard with the second half of that sentence. Why help your opponents out when the most important part of your argument is right?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  13. JamalSpunky

Tommy adds nothing to the show. His being white is a tad unrealistic but I don't mind that as much as I do the horrid writing for his blowhard character.

14. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

What about those women that are not only married to black men, but marry into their culture and become apart of it like whitenaijagirl I have posted on here?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Inclusion doesn't take away the celebration of black culture, they are not colonizing. lol.

15. The Dark King

That's not what's happening here and like I said before their sorority their rules but as of late I am beginning notice no one else does this shit but us. And no one else has to carry the burden of expaination if they want to have some things that are just for their particular group especially if they are oppressed. No one expects Jews to welcome Muslims into their social clubs. They can actually have a Jewish only community and no one says a damn thing about it. Hell even Muslims who are despised right now are allowed to have an exclusive culture without criticism. Sometimes certain demographics need that space for historical and even current issues.

16. The Dark King

Word? I actually really respect their friendship it adds a cool element to it I don't see on other shows

17. The Dark King

It's not who requested who you made the argument that white Greeks can't do it so why should anyone else get to be exclusionary and I gave you a reason. Those spaces need to exist because safety and inclusion might not exist elsewhere for black people just like women only spaces. Follow me?

18. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

What do you think is going to happen with intermixing within sororities and other spaces?

19. The Dark King

It will dilute us out our interests will be put to the back burner in the interest of inclusiveness and "progress"
    Look no further than the women's movement to see what I'm talking about. I'm not advocating segregation I'm just saying why can't we keep certain spaces all black?
    We need them, they were created for a reason.

20. sarah23

sarah23 Well-Known Member

If you become a member, then youfollow the rules and ideas of the organisation. To me this is normal.