Wal-Mart's New Delivery System.....Would You Try This?

Discussion in 'In the News' started by blackbull1970, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

So Walmart is targeting people that make 100 an hour now? .......lol

Assuming that's true for a second......what's gonna happen when publix and whole foods start doing it?

Lol

2. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

What well off person gets their groceries at Wal-Mart?

Video Games for their kids sure....but groceries?

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Apparently people that run several business and doctors ....LMAO

4. K

K Well-Known Member

You'd be surprised who buys from WalMart. Especially if they can do so and no one really knows it's going on. Funny that you don't get that there are many people who have and keep money partly because they are smart about how they spend it.

I've said over and over...I don't think they would necessarily be buying from WalMart. But that's not really the point is it? The point of OP is do you want someone coming in to your home and stocking your fridge? And yes, many do.

(BTW - $100 an hour? They may MUCH more than that.)

5. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I used that number from a new doctor who was doctoring at small places in Houston but I do agree that they make a lot more after fellowship.

6. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Its not about shopping about Wal-mart its about shopping for groceries. I suppose it depends on how you define groceries but I am talking about fresh produce and meats not say Chips Ahoy Cookies and Lays Potato Chips.

7. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

I don't even like my own family coming over and going into my fridge, I like putting my own stuff in and organizing it my own way thank you very much.

8. blackbull1970

blackbull1970 Well-Known Member

Amazon launches in-home delivery service, Amazon Key

By Tonya Garcia
    Published: Oct 25, 2017 7:56 am ET

https://www.google.com/amp/www.marke...C-7F5824443CFF

Amazon.com Inc. amzn+0.44% announced a new in-home delivery service on Wednesday, Amazon Key, that's exclusively for Prime members. Available on Nov. 8 in 37 U.S. cities, the service comes weeks after Wal-Mart Stores Inc. wmt-0.1% announced it was testing an in-home service, with help from smart home accessories company, August Home. Amazon Key will be available to Prime customers at no extra charge and works with same-day, one-day and two-day delivery.

Amazon also announced the new Amazon Cloud Cam, an indoor security camera that works with Amazon Key to record in-home deliveries. Priced at about $120, it will begin shipping to U.S. customers on Nov. 8. The Amazon Key In-Home Kit includes a Cloud Cam and a smart lock and is priced at about $250.

The Cloud Cam also works with other Amazon devices, like the Echo Show and Amazon Fire TV and, with a subscription, can operate with up to 10 cameras. Subscription services start at $6.99 per month or $69 per year. In the coming months, Amazon Key will be integrated with offerings from Amazon Home Services like Rover.com pet sitters and dog walkers. Amazon shares are up 0.2% in premarket trading, and up more than 30% for the year so far. The S&P 500 index spx-0.13% is up 14.8% for 2017 to date.