The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Looks awesome, I heard people at SDCC got to see the first episode.

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Stranger Things Season 2

Soundtrack to thriller, that's how you do song justice in your trailer.

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

4. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The book that the movie was based on had so many pop culture references that it was ridiculous after awhile.

5. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Since Doctor Strange is set to be in this along side Hulk and Thor, it's becoming clear that the trend at Marvel is to load up their movies with multiple heroes going forward. I'm betting Black Panther is going to be the last Marvel movie with a solo hero by himself.

6. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Doctor Strange is more of a cameo/guest appearance in this movie based on plot info that's been released. I don't think he'll play a direct role in fighting Hela.

Marvel has enough heroes running around now in the MCU that they can now have them interacting with each other more. Still waiting for the official MCU/Marvel Netflix crossover. Everyone's hoping for at least a quick cameo from the Netflix characters in Infinity War to integrate them with the movie characters.

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

ANT-MAN AND THE WASP CHARACTERS REVEALED

[​IMG]

The Marvel Studios panel in Hall H kicked off with some big casting news as it's been revealed that Batman Returns star Michelle Pfeiffer will be suiting up as Janet Van Dyne in Ant-Man and The Wasp. She's been a popular casting suggestion among fans for a while now but this is a nice surprise and a sign that the character is being taken seriously as Marvel look to add the iconic hero to this world.

That wasn't the only bit of casting new either as we now know that Hannah John-Kamen will play The Ghost, while Walton Goggins has been cast as Sonny Burck, the chairman of Cross Technologies in the comic books. Randall Park was confirmed as Jimmy Woo but perhaps the biggest and best casting announcement came when it was revealed that Man of Steel's Laurence Fishburne is Dr. Bill Foster better known as Goliath in the comic books but it remains to be seen whether or not he'll be suiting up here.

Hmmm.....Sharon Stone was talking about how she was going to be a part of the MCU awhile back. I wonder if she was originally going to be Janet Van Dyne, but it fell through?

8. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

There are a couple of leaked fan-cam versions of the Infinity War teaser out there. It would be great if Marvel just released it online already.

9. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

The official trailer for the forthcoming Star Trek: Discovery series on CBS Access.

10. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Infinity War Poster

[​IMG]

11. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

12. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

13. archangel

I don't care for static's hair cut. I liked the 90's version.

14. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Bro, Afflek is the best Batman since Keaton. Blasphemer!

15. archangel

He sucks. The only reason you are saying that is because there hasn't been a good version yet so this is the best you can grab on to.
    I mean the bar is so low that your comment is correct.

edit:When I said yet I meant pass keaton.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  16. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I think Ben Affleck is doing the best he can with the universe that Zack Snyder and WB have created. However, I don't think he is right for the cape and cowl.

The DCEU should never have started their franchise with a 45-year-old Batman. Zack Snyder was intent on bringing The Dark Knight Returns to the big screen, but he never thought about how a middle aged Batman was going to function in a franchise that is supposed to last years. By the time Justice League 3 comes out Batman is going to be 50 years old. A middle aged Tony Stark works because Iron-Man is a robot suit, but Batman is just muscle and attitude. Batman should have been cast with a 30 something up and coming actor.

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

So all three of the actors who have played High Elves in the LoTR/Hobbit movies will have played a Marvel Villain once Thor : Ragnarok comes out.

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

19. SilverSmith

Brush up on the main villain of the Justice League movie. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  20. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

This week’s Entertainment Weekly’s cover story.