Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Lots of old people. You did finish pointing out how he was #1

old people eating their memberries

Also, you live in a liberal city off of the cuffs of a liberal presidential administration. Light one up in front of Jeff sessions and see where you end up.

2. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

We will have to agree to disagree that O'Reilly was impressive in ANY way, again if he disparaged Greek women the way he disparaged BP (Black men in particular) you would be singing a different tune for sure. It's easy to be diplomatic when its not you in the figurative crosshairs Bliss. Think about WHY he was so popular for that many years, he told older,conservative, and overwhelmingly White viewers, that racism really is not prevalent anymore, that the majority of the ills of the Black community are self inflicted, that Black people are, lazy, immoral, prone to crime (with tattoos on their foreheads), and in general that "Black Culture" can only be discussed in ghetto, ignorance, and poverty-stricken terms. For his target demographic his words were like manna from heaven. You bet I checked in on his show from time to time over his run on Fox, it is ALWAYS a good idea to know what the enemy is saying about you and your people, far from a waste of time.

I am curious as to what caused some of your political views to swing so far to the right? And why it seems that you are so certain that liberal sources, viewpoints, ect. are wrong or at best specious now?

Lastly, im sure I could find more recent stats on weed, but the point I was trying to make is that clearly, BP are far more likely to be arrested (and potentially) incarcerated for possession of weed, even though the usage rate is very close between BP and WP. OReilly was using that stat to promote a LIE, something he was very good at, what he was doing was intimating that somehow BP were more prone to criminality than WP when in reality BP were simply targeted by law enforcement for the same behavior other ethnic groups were doing, he knew that such specious actions would be more manna for his demographic.

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

^^^
    Loki, you mentioned things l was not aware of, of O'Reilly. I appreciate your comments.

l want to respond to your particular question to me upon further reflection when my thoughts are clearer. It's Friday night, about to go out and not currently feeling in that heavy mood. Thanks again for sharing your POV.

4. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

5. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Some fact checking on Trump's first 100 days

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...t-checking-trumps-associated-press-interview/

"I've done more than any other president in the first 100 days, and I think the first 100 days is an artificial barrier, " Trump told AP White House Correspondent Julie Pace.

Trump stretched the truth about his accomplishments as president so far throughout the April 21 interview.

Here are those claims, fact-checked.

"I saved $725 million on the 90 planes… And the reason they cut — same planes, same everything — was because of me."

Trump’s claim is Mostly False. The savings on the F-35 fighter jets are real, but they were in the works long before Trump got involved.

The Defense Department has a plan to acquire more than 2,400 F-35 aircraft from Lockheed Martin over 20 years, at a cost of around $379 billion. During his campaign and transition, Trump said publicly he wanted the costs to come down, and he held discussions with Lockheed Martin representatives.

On Feb. 3, the department announced a $728 million cost reduction. But in taking sole credit for this, Trump ignores that projected costs for the F-35 had been dropping for years, and the Pentagon had worked on lowering the price tag under past administrations.

"I've done more than any other president in the first 100 days."

Trump’s claim is False.

Trump has had some achievements in office, such as signing 28 bills and numerous executive orders, filling a Supreme Court seat, and overseeing a drop in border apprehensions. But those achievements are much less numerous and far-reaching than those of standard-bearer President Franklin D. Roosevelt, who signed 73 bills, greatly expanded the role of the federal government, and revived the banking system from collapse, all in his first 100 days.

In more recent years, other presidents have accomplished more in their first 100 days than Trump has, historians say. President Barack Obama, for example, signed not only a nearly $800 billion stimulus package to combat a spiraling recession but also the Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act and a law expanding the Children’s Health Insurance Program.

"Somebody put out the concept of a hundred-day plan."

Pace pressed Trump on the fact that his campaign put out a plan for what he would accomplish by day 100, April 29. Trump tried to distance himself from the plan during the interview, as if he had nothing to do with it, but the proposal came straight from his own mouth.

"What follows is my 100-day action plan to make America great again," he said in Pennsylvania Oct. 22, 2016. "It's a contract between Donald J. Trump and the American voter and it begins with bringing honesty, accountability and change to Washington, D.C."

He ended the speech by saying, "On Nov. 8, Americans will be voting for this 100-day plan to restore prosperity to our country, secure our communities and honesty to our government."

We’re tracking Trump’s progress on his campaign promises, including those he said he would accomplish in his first 100 days, on our Trump-O-Meter.

Trump had "never heard of Wikileaks" when WikiLeaks published emails and documents belonging to the Democrats in 2016, and he doesn’t "support or unsupport" the organization.

Neither claim rings true.

Trump had heard of WikiLeaks before, as CNN’s Andrew Kaczynski found. In 2010, Trump suggested those involved with WikiLeaks should face the death penalty, after the organization WikiLeaks published government documents leaked by Chelsea Manning (then known as Bradley Manning).

Trump adopted the opposite position in 2016, when WikiLeaks released documents that damaged his opponent, Hillary Clinton. He repeatedly praised WikiLeaks on the campaign trail and turned information leaked by the group into major talking points.

On Oct. 10, 2016, Trump declared, "I love WikiLeaks."

"We create a lot of jobs, 500,000 jobs as of two months ago, and plenty created since."

Trump is greatly exaggerating here. The United States created a combined 317,000 nonfarm jobs in February and March, Trump’s first two full months in office for which data is available.

Perhaps Trump is including January, when the Bureau of Labor Statistics counted 216,000 new jobs. But he came into office at the end of the month.

Trump has a history of questioning Bureau of Labor Statistics data and misrepresenting how their employment calculations work.

Quick hits from the interview, with context:

Trump’s broken promise on declaring China a currency manipulator.

How much have border crossing apprehensions gone down under Trump?

Trump’s flip-flop on whether NATO is obsolete, and why.

Russians tried to hack the Republicans but didn’t go as far as they did with the Democrats.

Trump did score a "Mostly True" rating when it comes to illegal immigration from Mexico...

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...says-illegal-immigration-down-61-percent-ele/

Trump said, "Since the day of my election, we've already cut illegal immigration at the Southern border by 61 percent."

While U.S. Customs and Border Protection does not provide border apprehension statistics for specific dates, monthly data show a 60 percent decline from the month of the presidential election, November 2016, to February 2017.

Experts said other factors should be considered in the decline and that it’s too early to tell whether low apprehensions will become the new norm or if they will increase in coming months, as they typically do.

We rate Trump’s statement Mostly True.

• Like Like x 3
    • List
  6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Wow. Trump says " congratulations" to the veteran that he pinned the purple heart on. How the fuck do you congratulate a man for losing his leg?

Ridiculous.

7. ColiBreh1

I'm starting to see why Fox News is the #1 news network.

8. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

LOL @ "Goodlove University" :D

9. ColiBreh1

10. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but Jimmy Dore is nutty.
    HRC lost because hardcore progressives who supported Bernie refused to vote for her in the general election.
    When you win the popular vote by 3 million you didn't run a bad campaign.
    Unlike many conservatives who could give you a list of things they hate about Trump, they still support him because he's the best chance to get their agenda passed through Congress and signed into law.

HRC wasn't perfect but if you're a progressive it's madness to believe either Trump or HRC were equivalent options.
    And um, it's been confirmed that Russia did indeed hack the DNC and RNC and interfered with our presidential election in an effort to help get Trump elected.
    Jimmy Dore needs to ask himself, when faced with two in his opinion bad options, how is a Trump presidency acceptable?????

I really don't understand the progressive obsession with HRC. THe election is over and I don't see a tenth of this venom directed towards the Trump administration.

11. RicardoCooper

She's a woman, pure and simple. Coming right after the Black President. Bernie-Bots and far-left bros could not abide it. You'll note the online hate towards the mere IDEA of Chelsea Clinton running for office even though she has announced no such thing. But not a peep about Ivanka in the White House, going on State trips overseas, a person with no credentials whom we did not vote for.

"Neoliberalism" works for blacks and women, which is why it's so evil and must be destroyed by Bernie Sanders (who didn't have a job until he was 40) and far-left whites

12. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Here it is we're more than 1/2 year beyond Election Day '16, and the orange dude is still all up in HRC's stuff. I'm convinced it's part of his strategy for keeping his base excited. Anytime he can't easily wiggle out of a tough question... Blame/insult HRC. Anything to deflect.

Yup! We can point to many groups, but no doubt there's plenty out there who simply don't want a female POTUS. No doubt those Bernie or Bust folks are just as much the blame. It really sucks. I was a Bernie supporter, but there was never a thought in my mind of voting against my interests because of Bernie not being the Dem nominee.

13. ColiBreh1

14. RicardoCooper

LOL you still waving the flag for precious Bernie while Berniecrat candidates and amendments LOSE all over the country :D

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

16. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

17. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Comey is gone.

Only problem is that this guy may hire a hoover.....
    Wrong call to hire this guy Obama wrong call

• List
  18. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

That's total horseshit. She lost because she did absolutely no work to appeal to the concerns of the working class. A lot people voted trump because he promised to bring jobs back. She never even addressed it. She was more concerned with stuff like equal pay which means nothing to people who have no job.
    The vast majority of Bernie supporters voted for Hilary. She lost in areas that had previously went to Obama like PA and Michigan because she's totally and embarrassingly out of touch. Say what you will about 45 at least he addressed their concerns.

19. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Well if it is, l owe you a HUGE APOLOGY!
    *not there yet* :p