The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

It's weird that the TV series has a better-looking suit than the movie.

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Yeah usually it's the other way around.

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

He looks like a power ranger

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

5. The Dark King

6. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

The "big" difference between sorcerers, wizards & witches is how they gain and use their powers. End of the day they are all practitioners of some form/forms of magic.

7. The Dark King

Depends on the lore. I used to read this dope series called Heir and in it wizards and witches had internal magic and sorcerers could only wield magic with objects they constructed that we're embued with magic

8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

If you read enough fantasy series with magic users in them, you'll eventually start to see there is a lot of crossover with how sorcerers, wizards and witches gain and use their powers. It all basically comes down to what term writers feel comfortable using to describe their magic users.

9. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

The CGI Cyborg design looks like total crap. They should have gone with an actual practical EFX suit for the actor.

11. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I refuse to get suckered in by a Zack Snyder movie trailer again, but that looks..........not terrible.

And Ra, your absolutely right about Cyborg, he looks like used up aluminum foil.

12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'll wait until this comes out on DVD/Blu-Ray/On Demand just to say I saw it. Still have high hopes for Wonder Woman but have lost interest in Justice League and the rest of DC/Warner Bros. live action offerings.

The fact that both the Flash and Cyborg's designs are off is a red flag for me about the movie as a whole. Cyborg should basically be in a practical suit similar to what they have the Flash in. So they'll spend money to poorly CGI a main character's outfit, but can't swing for a practical suit?

The Flash should be in something closer to Superman's costume. Some sort of leather/latex outfit. How hard is it to use the same costume technique and material to produce this :

[​IMG]

..........or something close to it????

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  13. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

The CG will be more polished by the film's release. That said, I'm not interested in the character one way or another. They should've gone with John Stewart/Green lantern if they needed a black hero. I'm also not feeling Aquaman as much as I thought I would. He should be more regal, more stand off-ish, instead of having the personality of a super powered bar brawler. Batman's costume is too dark. I liked the black and grey from the last film. They should've stuck with that. Sick of the all black Batman armored costume.

I will still see it in theaters because I'm a DC fan. More so than Marvel. But, I don't have much faith that it's going to be any good beyond the action scenes.

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

You can't be surprised considering they cast Jason Momoa for the part. As soon as they announced he was going to be Aquaman I knew exactly what vibe they were going for with the character. They are trying to get as far away from the lame/joke stereotype that surrounds Aquaman that he gained from the Superfriends cartoons of the 70's and has since stuck with him. They are going for the whole "Warrior King" vibe Aquaman had back when he lost a hand had the harpoon/hook replacement.

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I thought someone else would have already posted this :

16. samson1701

Yeah, I see what you're saying. I just figured, with his limited range, they'd make him the strong, silent but deadly type of king. Not a wise cracking everyman.

Basically, I expected something along the lines of Kal-Drago (sp.) from Atlantis.

17. samson1701

So, why is it that the people who have problems with the concept of Batman beating Superman take no issue with Lex Luther beating Superman?

Think about it; both are just very smart, billionaire mortals with zero superpowers.

If Lex is a threat to Kal, then surely Bruce is, too.

18. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

‘Black Lightning’ Pilot: First-Look Image Of Cress Williams As Title Character

The CW has released a first-look image of Cress Williams as title character Black Lightning (Jefferson Pierce) in the DC drama pilot Production is currently underway in Atlanta.

Written by Mara Brock Akil and Salim Akil, based on the DC character created by Tony Isabella with Trevor Von Eeden, Black Lightning centers on Jefferson Pierce (Williams).

He made his choice: He hung up the suit and his secret identity years ago, but with a daughter hellbent on justice and a star student being recruited by a local gang, he’ll be pulled back into the fight as the wanted vigilante and DC legend Black Lightning.

Source: Deadline.com

19. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

The costume looks terrible

20. samson1701

It really doesn't matter. It won't be on long anyway. Black people aren't going to watch this. We never watch anything starring us unless it has to do with "the hood," hood behavior or being black in general.