Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

WTF?

2. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I'm glad that A United Kingdom has done well. Save The Last Dance did well. Jessica Jones and Luke Cage did well because they were not on the mainstream networks and Netflix pretty much gives the latitude to the writers of these shows. Could these two shows succeed on networks like ABC(which co-produced them),CBS,NBC,USA, TNT or even PBS? I don't know.

Get Out might also do well. And I hope it does better than that.

I don't go out to the movies much because of my job. So I just wait for the DVD so I can study it closely.

3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

^^^ Some of those networks have had IR couples on their network (of course didn't last long.) But as far as audience response a bunch of women were loving Kara and James when SUPERGIRL was on CBS. The show Community had a IR coupling that fans loved, so much that they created videos for them on youtube. and I believe there are others that are escaping me right now. If Hollywood was going on audience response we would see MORE successful IR relationships involving black men and white women. Ratings and Box Office numbers are proof that they are not going by audience response and just their own racist beliefs that they try to blame on the majority of the public and they will use a small group complaining to try to justify.

Yeah I hope Get Out does GREAT as well, Jordan Peele is going around promoting it this week he was on the TODAY show this morning, and will be on Late Night with Seth Meyers.

4. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I plan to see a screening of that flick tomorrow night.

5. nobledruali

nobledruali Well-Known Member

I'm a Supergirl fan & just finished watching the latest episode where Kara aka Supergirl & Mon El a super-powered dreamy white dude brought in a few weeks ago pretty much solidified their relationship on the show. They canceled out James Olsen all together for this episode & have pretty much ended his relationship with Kara other than just being friends! Oh & the payoff for losing out on Kara is that now he's become a "Batman-like" superhero named Guardian!!!

6. darkcurry

To be honest it was never gong to work anyway, besides if you seen the epsiode before that it looks like James could be falling for her again, so it could be another love
    triangle. Supergirl makes more sense with Val-Zod even though Power Girl is with Val-Zod on earth-2. But it is possible for Val-Zod to make an appearance, I mean hey they
    made James Olsen the guardian.

7. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

The movie didn't win the Award for short film.

8. Soulthinker

9. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Where do you go to watch a short film like this?

10. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Heading South

11. Soulthinker

Heading South was mentioned in past posts.

12. Soulthinker

CB check the listings on Google of Oscar Nominated Shorts Live Action.

13. glassesjacket24

glassesjacket24 New Member

Just saw la la land Rosemarie Dewitt plays Ryan goslings brother in the movie and she gets married to a black man apparently Michael b Jordan was supposed to be the lead I think him and Emma stone would've been great together

14. Soulthinker

Saw the screening of Table 19 Greg Robinson plays a 'cold fish' brother to his wife played by Lisa Kudrow.

15. Soulthinker

I never noticed it and I saw the screening of La La Land months back.

16. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I saw a film on Netflix called Brazilian Western. It is a story set in the 80's. It's not a western, per se, but like a western, there are themes of redemption and revenge. It was like City Of God meets Kill Bill with an interracial couple as the main characters.

17. darkcurry

I have never heard that a black guy was up for the role. They named several other white guys that turned it down.

18. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

Kate Hudson will star as Richard Pryor's white wife Jennifer.

Mike Epps will play Richard Pryor.

It also includes Eddie Murphy, and Tracy Morgan in "Richard Pryor: Is it something I said?"

Kate has had a relationship with A Rod and Lenny Kravitz...

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  19. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

Stumble across this film the other day, of course a foreign film though
    Natt til 17 (Not til 17) or One Night in Oslo
    One Night In Oslo is about the two 15-year old best friends Sam and Amir, and how their friendship is put to the test during a spring night in Oslo. Amir wants to get his ex-girlfriend back, only to realize she is now seeing his best friend Sam.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

better quality trailer
    vimeo.com/124812109

The lead actress in this has a starring role in the upcoming HBO series Mogadishu, Minnesota, its a drama about a Somali family living in Minneapolis so maybe more IR romance in her future.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  20. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

That had been mentioned before about the film. Check out Richard Pryor: Omit The Logic. A couple of Pryor's ex-wives are in it.