Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

https://twitter.com/theintercept/status/835638016693657601
    [​IMG]
    https://theintercept.com/2017/02/25...ign-targeting-him-for-his-views-on-palestine/

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  2. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Well, at least Ellison was named deputy DNC chair.
    PErez is a bigtime Obama/Clinton insider and it makes you wonder if HRC is planning another presidential run in 2020.

If we pick the right candidates we can beat the Clinton machine, I just don't like the fact that the Clintons and Obama in some way are going to have a role in deciding who the next Democratic nominee for POTUS is going to be.

THe vote between Perez and Ellison wasn't even close. I wonder why???

The bigger question is can Perez mobilize Dems and progressives to get out and vote in the 2018 midterms???
    We need to get either the Congress or the House back to really take down Trump.

3. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

One smart thing Tom Perez did by appointing Keith Ellison as his 2nd in command, was to avoid the mistake Hillary made when she ignored the progressive wing of the party after her nomination.

4. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Dems are the stupidest and laziest political party ever. Fuuuuuuck! Got damn, these people ... just ... won't....learn.

1. The establishment DNC should have elected Ellison. Period. Not doing so further confirms to EVERYONE that Dems are about business as usual. And business is bad. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

2. The progressive Democrats need to become more involved in the parfy. Not less. Okay, you didn't get your way. Fine. So, get your ass in gear and become more involved in the workings of the party so you can influence the DNC's platform and ultimately get what you want.

Doing anything else is extremely myopic and all but guarantees continuous con-servative victories.

I just can't believe how stupid my side of the isle can be.

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Agreed....lol

And keep trying to ban semi autos when the blue states have already done it ......#teamwelovefailure

6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I started finding a political action group let me know if you want info

7. andreboba

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  8. andreboba

I understand why old school Dems were afraid of electing Keith Ellison head of the DNC. Dems, intentionally or not, have a bad habit of shooting off their toes with idiotically bizarre political strategies.
    Ellison was the obvious progressive who could have played a huge role in getting more progressives elected to Congress. Maybe Perez can do the same thing??

Nonetheless, I'm certain there was an unsubstantiated fear that Ellison's race and religion would scare off more White poor and working class voters, thereby making it harder to win back states like WI/PA/OH/Mi.

Dems need to learn from the example of Obama. AMericans care more about what you stand for and your policy agenda than what your religion is, at least when it comes to progressives.
    Sure, you might turn off some moderate to right leaning GOP voters, but in the end you never had them anyway.

Perez on paper should be an adequate DNC chair and if Keith Ellison is given a genuine role of responsibility, together they should be able to identify true Progressive candidates for Congress and provide the financial backing they need to get elected, but it still bothers me that the next generation of progressives will have to be processed through the Obama and HRC filter.

It still comes down to money and the DNC chair foremost is a fundraiser and the Dems haven't yet weaned themselves from the teat of corporate donors.
    Since we've never seen it, can small individual donations really fun the DNC year after year, and provide the financial backing to support a presidential run for a Progressive candidate??
    Big question.

I just hope that Perez is slightly left of Obama, although I hate the fact Perez has such close ties to HRC.

9. The Dark King

Seems like they will never learn. Money over everything

10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

11. The Dark King

12. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

13. ColiBreh1

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

You simply have to attain power in this world to avoid being affected by stupidity. You can't expect any rational thought from a bunch of people with the mentality of teenage neanderthals.

15. The Dark King

And law enforcement. Tons of over time

16. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

And the for-profit prison industry. They gotta get paid, too!

17. ColiBreh1

18. The Dark King

Exactly. Right now I tell these young kids fuck college get a job in law enforcement. Get a 100k a year and no student loans

19. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Nah. Do military, let them pay for college. Then if you want you can still go law enforcement, perhaps even FBI if you have the right major. Depending on your military job you may already have the clearance for it.