Where have you traveled?Which languages do you speak?...

Discussion in 'The International Perspective' started by Be-you-tiful86, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Be-you-tiful86

Be-you-tiful86 Well-Known Member

Since last posting here, Greece and Sweden have been added to my list of visited countries.
    I loved both places!

2. Athena

Athena New Member

Great to see all the travellers here!

Since I've originally posted, my list includes:
    Canada - every province and one territory

US - Cali, Louisiana, Florida, NY, NJ, PA, Montana, Iowa, Virginia (ran a half marathon there), Maryland, Indiana, Washington state, Washington DC, Alaska, Hawaii

Mexico
    Guyana
    France
    England
    Scotland

Many Caribbean islands (St. Maarten, Saba, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Barts, Antigua)

To do list includes Australia, more US states, all of Canada's territories, Spain, Italy, really most of Europe.

3. suzieb

suzieb New Member

Haven't been to many places at all, I didn't get on an aeroplane until 2005!

I've been to

Spain
    Greece
    Dominican Republic (holiday of a lifetime that my then-husband turned into a hellish nightmare, thats one thing I will never ever forgive him for, but there ya go...)
    Switzerland
    France
    Wales (not sure if that really counts cos I live in England, so its not that much of a jump lol)

4. Caerdydd

Caerdydd Active Member

Wales does count suzieb ;)

5. Hypestyle

Hypestyle New Member

Anybody ever been to puerto rico? what are the preferred cities to stay at? if your spanish is minimal, is that a huge barrier?

6. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Hope you all forgive me for reviving this old thread?! Love travelling and have been to France, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Lichtenstein, UK, US, Malta, Greece, UAE, Belgium, India, New Zealand, Nigeria. Was born and grew up in Germany. Speak German, English, Spanish, Nigerian Pidgin (if you wanna count that). Learned Latin at school forever, but then it's not a spoken language. Would like to learn French and Igbo.

7. beccaomecca

beccaomecca Well-Known Member

Sadly I've only been to the best country in the world (US of A) I mainly speak fluent jibberish concoczd with some Japanese.

8. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Lots of travel in North America

I've been to most of the states (and DC, PR). Those I haven't visited are AK, AR, OR, WY, ND, SD, NE, OK, MO, ID, ME, VT, NM, KS, MT, MN, IA

In Canada I've visited just British Columbia, Ontario and Quebec. In Mexico... only Tijuana.

Other places are:

Barbados
    Bahamas

I speak only english, but I usually I can understand spanish being spoken.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

You talking about the country where over 90 percent of native English speakers only know one language and 50 percent of them either think learning another language is useless or somehow threatens the culture.

You talking about the country that elected a man that openly admires a dictator. The country that's alienating our historical allies for absolutely no reason at all?

You talking about the country that thinks "do nothing" is a real economic policy.

The country that has to import tons of its engineers, Tech professionals, and scientists?

The country where a math teacher can have no idea what the hell a hypothesis is?

The country where the only market blacks have cornered is hip hop?

The country where poor whites "taking their country back" from minorities (that don't even run it) means giving what's left of it away to a few ultra rich white billionaires including Vladimir Putin.

Lol

Yep these ignorant ass people are great.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. Madeleine

Must be something else becca likes about your great country. Maybe the people?!

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Some of the cities and locales are great. The constitution is great, so there are great things about this country but overall it could use some work, just my opinion.

Maybe it would help if we quit telling people they are special just because they were born in America. The entitled hicks eat that up, and the result is what you see now a total embarrassment.

12. MightyLighty

MightyLighty Well-Known Member

BBC, and I ain't talking bout that channel over in the U.K.

13. Madeleine

It's a beautiful country with friendly people who small talk with everyone and call someone at the supermarket check-out "honey" and "sweetheart" (me looking behind to find out who they are addressing;-)). Seems to offer lots of opportunities for hard-working people to get ahead work-wise and education-wise. Americans just shouldn't say it so openly and loudly they think they are the greatest cos it makes them look self conceited and causes eye-rolling in the rest of the world.

14. beccaomecca

Lol. We all have shady shit going on in our countries lol at least it's 'the land of dreams'. It's a never ending nightmare trying to make ends meet in this country where a God damn avocado is $3.50 aud and that's not even organic OR orgasmic!

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

"Land of dreams?" You miss Memphis?

Lmbao!!!

16. beccaomecca

Haha. I actually do it's funny you should mention that I've been reminiscing all the way home about Memphis hahaha. I'm sad I know. But I'd live there any day of the week.

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

18. Cherj

Cherj Active Member

England, Ireland, Scotland, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Belgium, France, Spain, Portugal, Austria, Poland, Aruba, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Greece, Turkey, Morocco, Egypt, Singapore, Hong kong, Indonesia, US, South Africa, Botswana, Canada.

I don't have one favorite because I went to different places for different reasons (beach, city trip, road trip etc.)

My favorite city is Oxford. Beautiful, historical city and will always have a place in my heart because I studied there.
    My favorite beach destination is Aruba.
    My favorite '3+ wks trip' is the US. I lived in AZ for a while and had the chance to travel a lot. It's amazing that you can drive a few hours and be in a completely different setting. Lived in a desert area but within driving distance there was a skiing area(Flagstaff), the beach(San Diego) and some crazy city you probably heard of, Las Vegas.

I speak Dutch, English, German, French and I recently started Arabic lessons. In the future i'd love to learn Russian.

19. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

That is the advantage of being a flight attendant and lucky to work for a rich airline.

20. Cherj

Cherj Active Member

I'm not a flight attendant.