5 Languages or less, which would you choose?

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by jaisee, Mar 23, 2014.

1. fantasyfangrl

fantasyfangrl New Member

German because I was born there
    English because its so widely used
    French so sexy
    Japanese because the script is beautiful
    Greek because the culture is rich

2. qwils86

qwils86 New Member

English For obvious reasons
    Spanish This is like America's 2nd language
    French I always liked the French language
    Portuguese Brazilian women are sexy!
    Arabic I would love to fly to Dubai and take care business

3. wwwwww

wwwwww New Member

I'd pick.

English
    Spanish
    Portuguese
    Arabic
    Mandarin Chinese

4. Caerdydd

Caerdydd Active Member

English - One of the richest and perhaps the most precise language on earth, can be beautiful when a real effort is made. My native tongue.

Spanish - I just love it, expressive and very passionate. When sung it becomes even more beautiful, its as the language was made with music in mind. Easy to learn, highly phonetic and widely spoken. I could enjoy my Spanish language films a lot more if I became fluent.

French - For family reasons and would make trips to Paris a lot better.

Latin - I have a general interest in the romance languages so learning Vulgar-Latin would be great as its the root language for so many others. Would also help me learn even more about English.

Italian - Just love the way Italians speak!

5. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

1) Spanish - communication with friends and family
    2) Portuguese - love the music and culture and easy to understand if you speak another Romance language
    3) Japanese - probably the East Asian culture I am most fascinated by
    4) Yoruba - I have always wanted to speak a West African language (as much of the African Diaspora has roots here)
    5) English - for literature and technical instruction and precision (or German if not English)

6. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Aside from English, you picked all romance languages. Too cute!!

7. Caerdydd

Caerdydd Active Member

If we were allowed 7 I would have added Catalan and Portuguese too, complete the set of the big 5 :D

8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I would definitely learn Catalan if I lived in Europe. Always thought it would be a fun language.

9. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Spanish
    Spanish
    Chinese Mandarin
    Chinese Cantonese
    Spanish

10. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

A bm that can speak Spanish...most definitely one of my weaknesses! My guy is damn near fluent and I'm telling you, listening to him speak it...I'm all like :smt118 :smt007 :smt060

11. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Catalan is an excellent idea. And Basque too, just to help preserve it.

12. sarah23

sarah23 Well-Known Member

From a purely practical viewpoint
    French
    English
    Spanish
    Arabic
    Mandarin
    and if I couild add more ...... Russian and Hindu

13. Beckett

Beckett New Member

? ??????????? ????? ?? ?????? ??? ??? ???? ?????&a

Communication is the key to the success of any relationship, not to exclude body language (said in my best Ursala voice). If we are limited to five, these are mine (in order) Scottish Gaelic, Latin, Greek, spanish, and English. For the rest, in a pinch, there is Berlitz...or Rosetta Stone.
    note: when I posted this the site changed the iota (i) and sigma (s) at the end of the title to a & and pound sign, I have edited but suspect it may do it again, therefore the translation is: Communication is the key to good relationships.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016