5 Languages or less, which would you choose?

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by jaisee, Mar 23, 2014.

1. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

1. English - widespread
    2. Vietnamese - I want to know what the ladies at the nail shop are saying
    3. Korean - somebody needs to know what that crazy North Korean is saying
    4. Pashto - most common language spoken by the taliban
    5. Mandarin - not only for job opportunities like many have mentioned...the Chinese are no joke buying up the USA piece by piece not too mention how far in debt we are to them

2. GQ Brotha

GQ Brotha New Member

:smt043:smt043:smt043

3. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

i just bumped something for you in the nail thread:D

4. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Oh, and up until like the 60s, Catholic Mass was spoken in Latin.

So it's not a dead language at all. :D

5. 1449225

1449225 Well-Known Member

Spanish - I live 20 minutes from the Mexican border

Korean - so I know what the people at the beauty supply stores are saying (I'm certain it's all racist)

French - language of love

English - duh

Australian - so I can figure out what whikle and Tarshi are talking about :smt043

6. GQ Brotha

GQ Brotha New Member

Haha, I saw. What I want to see is those latest nails you have done. Always love a lady with a nice mani-pedi, so feminine. :)

7. whikle

whikle Well-Known Member

Blimey, mate. You got buckley's and none. Give it a go and you'll look like a dead-set dag. Fair dinkum. Hooroo.

8. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

1.French= In addition to my English i will be able to communicate in 95% of Africa with that as well as Canada, Belgium and Switzerland. I will also be able to impress people when i order in French in a french restaurant

2.Spanish= I will be able to communicate in 99% of Latin America and is also the second most commonly spoken language in the United States.

3.Portuguese= I will be able to say hi to girls on the beaches of Brazil and also communicate in the other 5% of Africa

4.German= I have a feeling i will be pursuing higher education there since their tuition is dirt cheap and will also be able to communicate in Austria and Switzerland

5.Arabic= i will be able to communicate in 99% of the middle east and might come in handy when working for a counter terrorism organisation.:cool:

9. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

But in this exercise your slate has been wiped clean and you don't know any language. :smt023

10. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

oh my bad, then i might have to drop Arabic and make English one of them:cool:

11. Beckett

Beckett New Member

Communication

Greek
    French
    English
    Latin
    Sign

12. Hypestyle

Hypestyle New Member

computer languages count? LOL...

It may take a while for me to figure this out.

13. whikle

whikle Well-Known Member

Jaisee is officially a tease

14. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

It's only now that it's become official?

15. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

I was worried that some of our more confrontational members might take the conversation, and the board has seen more than enough drama lately.

16. southfloridagirl

southfloridagirl New Member

Hmmmm.......

Latin - its an extremely useful root language for various modern languages and disciplines (like medicine, sciences, etc).

English - It's the language that has currently taken over the world. Know English. Know access. No English. No access.

Chinese - A very large percentage of the world's population speaks it.

Spanish - Another huge chunk of the world's population speaks it.

Dolphin code - They have a language. They are extremely intelligent. It would be divinely inspirational to be able to communicate with them.

17. dancer13

dancer13 New Member

Let's talk

English
    French - very sexy!
    Spanish - very easy
    Japanese - intense and expressive
    Swahili - just because!

18. AMR1986

AMR1986 Active Member

French (bias because it's my first language)
    English
    Spanish
    Arabic
    Hebrew

The last two would be a challenge I think.

19. MixedCalifornian

MixedCalifornian Active Member

English

Spanish

French

German

Japanese.

20. Dalia

Dalia New Member

Greek,well.. I live in Greece

Romanian..I have so many good memories and good friends after living for a few years in Bucharest,so it's a sentimental thing for me

Portuguese..I just love the sound of this language..so smooth!!

German cause I started it once but had to quit after 5 months,so I'd love by some magic way to,at last, learn to speak it

English,it would give me the ability to communicate with people almost everywhere in the world