The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Wrong thread

2. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Yes! I'm so ready for this show!

3. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Nope. This is the correct thread for the forthcoming Syfy series.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  4. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

Ms. Marvel Is Coming to the Marvel Cinematic Universe
    05/2018

With Captain Marvel set to make her debut next March, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige has just confirmed plans to introduce Ms. Marvel into the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Ms. Marvel, aka Kamala Khan, will make her way into the MCU after next year’s Captain Marvel starring Brie Larson hits the big screens.

During an interview with BBC, Feige stated, “Captain Marvel‘s shooting right now with Brie Larson. Ms. Marvel, which is another character in the comic books, the Muslim hero who is inspired by Captain Marvel, is definitely sort of in the works. We have plans for that once we’ve introduced Captain Marvel to the world.”

Kamala Khan is a Pakistani American teenager from New Jersey who first made her debut in Captain Marvel #14. As a carrier of the Inhuman gene, Khan is gifted with shapeshifting abilities, who then decides to take up the Ms. Marvel mantle. Ms. Marvel can next be seen in Marvel Rising, a new animated feature from Marvel Television. Captain Marvel lands in theaters March 8, 2019.

https://is.gd/qNyxzk

5. ColiBreh1

I wasn't responding to your previous post. I accidentally posted something I meant to post in another thread.

6. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

So apparently they hired Sean William Scott to be the new partner on Lethal Weapon for season 3

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/lethal-weapon-renewed-season-3-seann-william-scott-1202808578/

[​IMG]

7. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Not much is going to change when they still want those emmys and golden globes. lol.

I notice a lot of this is with network television. With network TV having to be so careful and PC I think some of the writing has suffered on these shows. Although some of these shows do still have big fanbases like Brooklyn 99 which got cancelled by FOX but picked up by NBC. And Lucifer's fanbase and TIMELESS(which I love) fanbase creating tweetstorms to try and save those shows.

The majority of the good shit is on cable and streaming services where you have more creative freedom and no time limit.

8. ColiBreh1

THR was reporting a couple days ago that FOX is going to renew 1 of either , "Lethal Weapon" OR "Gotham" (Both of them Warner Bros.-produced shows).

WB was making LW the prioity. If WB can get a deal done to replace Riggs, Fox would renew LW. If WB can't get a deal done for a Riggs replacement, FOX will renew "Gotham".

I finally watched the season premiere of Gotham's current season & some of the trailers/promos. It looks like this current season is lit AF (Bruce becoming "Not Batman" & preparing for Ra's Al Ghoul, Selena becoming "Not Cawoman", Jerome becoming "Not The Joker", The Penguin now owns the club that he owned on BTAS & controlling the crime in the city making GCPD useless, & etc.)

If Fox don't renew "Gotham", I hope The CW or better yet the upcoming DC streaming service picks it up.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  9. darkcurry

I would go with a streaming service. It's too dark for CW.

10. ColiBreh1

Fox just renewed "Gotham" for a 5th & final season: http://deadline.com/2018/05/gotham-renewed-fifth-final-season-fox-new-superhero-1202384012/

The last season of "Gotham" will focus on Bruce’s transformation to Batman. Ironically the creator was just on record saying they know how they’d end the show but he didnt expect it to end for years from now

11. darkcurry

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

Netflix Renews Lost in Space Reboot for Season 2
    Article

13. ColiBreh1

14. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

Doom Patrol Live-Action Series Coming to DC Universe Streaming Service

The joint venture of Warner Bros Digital Networks and DC Entertainment has given a 13-episode direct-to-series order to the live-action drama Doom Patrol, a re-imagining of the beloved superhero DC characters. Doom Patrol begins production this year for a 2019 premiere on DC Universe, reports Deadline.

15. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

The Death Of Superman Trailer (2018)

16. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

17. darkcurry

Or they aren't planning to air it throughout the entire fall/winter/spring season and just giving it a 10-13 episode format like other Marvel shows and most shows nowdays have.

But if they are then that's good imo. I said this before outside of a sitcom like Big Bang Theory 5 to 8 seasons is a good run for a show. I mean they already have like over 100 episodes. That is a LOT of episodes! These shows with continuous storylines have to have an end sooner than later or it just looks like you are dragging it out.

18. orejon4

This is supposed to take place in the 1990s, so I'm really interested in how they're going to weave this storyline/timeline.

It's one of my favorite shows, and probably the only one I watch on a non-cable network, but it might be a good time to bring it to a conclusion and work Coulson and others into the movies. With Captain Marvel taking place before Fury lost his eye, Coulson would fit right in.

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  19. orejon4

Yes, she will. I hated to read that she struggled in the 1990s with mental illness and homelessness before regrouping and getting her career going again in Canada.

20. darkcurry

Man, I remember Madchen Amick speaking about Mental Illness as well just a couple days ago. Her son was bipolar growing up.