Maintaining Blackness

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Mrmike757, Aug 11, 2017.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Well from what I see with black people it's this constant feeling of being cheated out of financial opportunities while at the same time being demonized for it. The best example is rap. I'm every other form of entertainment people see white characters and don't assume that's the real person. No one is checking Eminem or Iggy for weapons.
    Dude talked about killing his ex in the most graphic ways I've ever heard no big deal.
    Black artists constantly go through that shit

2. hellified

hellified Active Member

first they ignore it or say its a bad thing
    then they mock it
    then one of them can do it well
    then its all the rave
    then they claim it as if they've always done it

3. Mrmike757

Mrmike757 Well-Known Member

Mmmm. I like the way you think lol. So much truth salute!

4. hellified

hellified Active Member

Black and white are western social constructs that have social and political value in the west.

The descendants of African slaves in America are called black for a reason of convenience. People in Africa aren't black. They are Nigerians and Kenyans and Malians etc... Those are specific ethnic groups. It's not that they aren't just black... they aren't black at all. Africans aren't black as black and white are western european concepts that don't apply to africans in the way it applies to the american descendants of the african slaves. The term/designations black/white has very specific meaning in western culture that doesn't translate easily outside of it.

And the n-word is just a bastardization of the term negro which is spanish for black. Because most of us don't know the particulars of our african heritage beyond the most general knowledge of you came from this continent (hence the generalized term AFRICAN-american rather than say Nigerian-american or Ghanian-american and you can break it down even further from there) therefore we're stuck with a skin color designation of black..and we've been building a culture and heritage from that.

I'LL ASK AGAIN...WHAT IS BLACKNESS?

5. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

I get your point but Nigerian, Kenyan and Malian aren’t ethnicities, they are nationalities. Ethnicities would be Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, Kikuyu etc.

6. sarah23

sarah23 Well-Known Member

I think Europeans are more conscious of African groups/tribes. And we know that all Nigerians are not the same.
    Similar with Malians etc

7. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Yes. I always show off my trophy white woman

8. sarah23

sarah23 Well-Known Member

Not what a woman wants with a man.

9. RicardoCooper

Some do :D

10. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

You never see sisters shaming one another for dating IR.

11. The Dark King

Never. That shit is supported more than black love on social media

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  12. flaminghetero

When I was a kid,and old Brother told me:

"Son,the black woman IS the wm's woman".

It didn't take me long to see what he meant.

13. RicardoCooper

Whats funny is sistas know their nagging is played out. So now it's the "brothas have to check other brothas" tactic

14. flaminghetero

I'll shut my ass up if somebody....anybody....can show me other races of men checking one another over a black bitch's pussy.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I think people get far to invested in "who's sleeping with whom". I had a conversation with a friend about this and she was explaining black woman's perspective as she saw it, but when I asked her why it mattered what someone else did, she could only say that women are getting tired of it. I still don't think people should view members of their ethnic group as "theirs".

16. The Dark King

Tired of what exactly?

17. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Some years ago I had this conversation with a close friend who is actually an old friend from high school, and we dated during our twentysomething years. Her explanation to me was that BW feel like they're losing out all around because... So many BM are doing nothing for themselves and/or in jail, and then they have to share the remaining desirable BM with all other women. To her credit she does see where many BW (especially those growing up in our inner city neighborhood) simply had a bad set of priorities, and were often passing over the good guys. She's also of the mindset regarding IR that basically everyone should be able to follow their heart without getting drama and such.

I will admit that I've also seen some BM get up in their feelings about BW who are with WM. A good example of a well-known person is Serena William' case.

Yup, yup! Always takes me back to the BW I know who get seriously mad at BM who reach celebrity status, and are with WW.

18. The Dark King

In my experience the vast majority of black men could care less only those who don't think there's enough complain about what's on your plate. Usually when I do see black men comment on relationships like Serena's its to call out the clear as day hypocrisy where these same women who condemn someone like Kobe cheer on Serena. Honestly most men in general are too focused on trying to get the women they want they don't really care what anyone else is doing unless it hinders their ability to get what they want.

19. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Agreed! It seems to be rare for BM

20. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Tired of not being able to control their men?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List