The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

My point is that it would be a good movie she doesn't need "powers." She kicked as much ass as Cap in winter soldier. The movie also had a great storyline that matches well with her background of being a spy/special forces.

How are you going to say Its not about how capable she is or how much ass she can kick when you are the one that keeps saying that the movie shouldn't be made because she doesn't have "powers." Powers are mostly used to kick ass. They make characters generally more capable of being a hero.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

True story

3. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Your misunderstanding my point, I'm not criticising the character. I'm talking about the business of superhero movies. Every comic book movie that succeeds or fails effects all other comic book movies. I'm simply saying that a movie starring a female hero without flashy or amazing powers will be a tougher sell to the non-fanboy audience, especially after all of the amazing films like Civil War, Black Panther, and Infinity War. And if it underperforms it could have a negative impact on future films.

4. The Dark King

It will fail because its a Marvel/Disney movie and it won't be able to show all gore and killing that something like the born identity did. Good luck but we know it will some how be the fault of men that they couldn't deliver something entertaining for everyone

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I see your concern, but I don't think it will be bad for the MCU unless they do the story poorly but we will see. I'm buying tickets for sure.
    Interesting point about the lack of gore but winter soldier didn't have it either.

6. The Dark King

It's Captain America it's not expected but a straight up spy movie demands it. It doesn't mix with the established hero world of not killing

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Its still a marvel movie lol. I just hope the storyline is on point.

8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

They should all get lit at work while planning the next movie. It couldn't possibly make things worse.

9. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Jessica Jones 2 is female lead and directed series with mainly a female cast and they have more sex scenes(one nude.) than the 1st season. So I don't think it being a female film has anything to do with it, but as I said I wouldn't be surprise, so If you're right remember I said that. lol.

10. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] I'm 12 episodes into "Jessica Jones" season 2 & I now understand what @Ra meant during past Marvel Netflix show seasons when he said it was good thing thing they held off Luke Cage & Jessica Jones getting together. Both Jessica & Trish have completely fucked up issues.

11. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Ugh the last thing I want to see is a Marvel feminist team up flick, sorry. In years past I would've been open to it but now it's being shoved down my throat. Ghostbusters anyone? No thanks

12. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

In the comics, yes but in the MCU, the Avengers kill. In the intro to Civil War, Widow and Falcon alone took out several hostiles with lethal force, not to mention Cap's shield damn near beheading motherfuckers. Iron Man took out a whole Afghan nest of terrorists in his first movie. I think that's part of the Sokovia Accords, the Avengers took people out at will without government sanction (except Cap's missions for SHIELD)

A Black Widow spy movie would not contradict the MCU at all

13. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

The CW finally dropped the trailer for the upcoming season 5 of "The 100":

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

The difference between Jessica Jones and Wonder Woman is that Wonder Woman is viewed as THE ICON of female superheroes. Some self proclaimed feminist have even adopted Wonder Woman as their icon. The women involved with that film are not about to tarnish that female icon image by make dude-bro moves like casting some runway model type "it-girl" as the Cheetah (hence who they went with) nor or they showing any seemingly graphic sex scenes or anything that can be viewed as nudity surrounding those characters.

They made the bulk of money off that first movie by way of women, especially women that usually don't get into comic book movies. They aren't about to fuck up their money doing shit that may offend their newly gained core audience. Especially with the rest of the DCU movies doing less than stellar compared to the Wonder Woman movie.

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

But it's white pussy,though. Real niggas should be able to overlook all them issues as long as them bitches letting you wear the lining out of the pussy......

16. darkcurry

Yeah, I understand that. Im not going to be surprised either way is what I'm saying.

17. darkcurry

They're either dumping that relationship or they expect marvel netflix to be around longer than I thought(I thought we would get at least 4 seasons from both JJ & LC.). I say that because these two after season 1 seem TOTALLY different from each other, it will look like force unless some change happens within the characters that brings them together. They seem happy in their current relationships as well.

But some good news:
    If you get to episode 13, it looks like we are getting Hellcat in season 3
    [​IMG]

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

There are 4 established Marvel relationships that aren't currently playing out in the Netflix series :

Luke & Jessica

Danny & Misty

Luke & Danny (friendship & crime fighting partnership)

Misty & Colleen (friendship & crime fighting partnership)

The way all of the shows featuring those particular characters are playing out (or seem to be) none of those relationships would/should be happening. Based on the fact that it looked as if they weren't going to have Misty lose her arm and then worked it into the Defenders, they may find totally different ways to establish those relationships.

19. darkcurry

But how do you do that with the characters that are on two different shows though? That is another reason why I now believe Luke and Jessica was just a hook-up, probably just to give the comic book fandom some kind of relationship with the two. The crime fighting partnership can play out with some crossover episodes, and I think they already announced that some of the characters WILL be appearing on each other shows. But a girlfriend/boyfriend relationship is another story.

20. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The way Luke and Jessica were acting around each other in The Defenders made me think they are more than just a hook-up. I think they are destined to get back together, after all, their relationship in the comics is one of the few couple success stories.

I also kind of think eventually Luke Cage, Jessica Jones and Iron Fist are going to become one series.