The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I see your point but I don't think the window is closed. The story would be on winter soldiers level. Special forces/spy game stuff. We didn't really see much of Cap's powers in that movie. It was more like he was a Navy Seal, except for the parts where he jumps without parachutes. Yet they were some of the best scenes in the history of marvel movies.

2. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

This is one of those casting decisions that make it clear that this is a female-helmed movie. A male director most likely would have cast an actress that looks super hot in a skin-tight body suit, since the classic version of Cheetah is pretty much naked all the time. I'm assuming they are probably going to go a different direction with Kristen Wiig

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

More than likely they will do something close to this in look for the character. Have the animalistic look without actually being naked.

[​IMG]

4. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Too late, it's happening

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/marvel-black-widow-jac-schaeffer-screenwriter-1202643908/

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

gonna be wack calling it now

6. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Similar doubts were widely echoed when Chris Nolan announced Heath Ledger would be cast as The Joker. I was among the skeptics until I saw the finished work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a complex, layered science fiction series.
    If you aren't watching it, you're missing out.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  7. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Killmonger & Zod.....

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

10. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Doesn't Jennifer Lawrence get naked as Mystique. I really don't see the big deal. People really treat nudity like it's so private that it's shameful if anybody sees your body. But Kristen Wiig has done nude scenes before so she could really not have a problem with it if they decide to want her naked.

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Yeah, I believe both Jennifer Lawrence & Rebecca Romijn have done the nude Mystique. But also notice how they have downplayed Mystique's mutant form overall since Lawrence took over the role even to the point that she has clothing on more than Romijn did when in "Mystique" mode.

Like Thump said they'll more than likely downplay or avoid the whole nude Cheetah if possible with a woman helmed Wonder Woman so as not to seemingly sexualize the character. Remember there was a bit of uproar when Justice League came out because Snyder allegedly gave the Amazons skimpier outfits compared to how they were in Jenkins' Wonder Woman.

12. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Ther new trailer for Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald has arrived, and it features our first look at Jude Law as a young Dumbledore.

13. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Yeah, I understand that but Kristen Wiig has done nude scenes before. One nude scene she done was in a movie she produced. But I thought people seen that Justice league "controversy" blown out of proportion. It was Jessica Chastain at the helm of making it a big deal and she faced backlash herself by both men and women and they pointed out that Jenkins' outfits weren't exactly conservative and there wasn't much change. I wouldn't be surprised if they go that route to avoid claims of sexualizing the character, but then again maybe not.

14. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

Scarlet already inked a deal that will pay her $25 million + a box office bonus for the role back in January, looks like they are aiming for 2020 release.
    www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5284293/Scarlett-Johansson-25m-Black-Widow-film.html

Been thinking about this myself I think Cap and Tony are the most logical choices if someone were to go down. Plus they both got their 3 movies and we know the avengers are gonna get reshuffled soon, so a new leader is going to have to emerge. I think as hard as it is to say Cap might be the one I would lean on getting killed, like others have mentioned Falcon and Bucky both take on the role so a replacement is already built in. Though with that said I think Iron Man going down would be more powerful of a statement. The character has been in more MCU films than anyone.

15. glt1980

C'mon man its a DC vehicle, that goes without saying. They screwed up Justice League for Godsakes. The bar for a DC film is so low that wack would be an improvement and a success.

16. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Hmm.....Well I guess I was wrong, although I still don't think it's a good idea. The MCU has only been getting bigger and more amazing, which has kept superhero fatigue from setting in, but taking the MCU back down to a powerless spy movie might severally hamper the momentum. I still think a She-Hulk movie or even a female team-up (Black Widow, Valkyrie, Wasp and Scarlet Witch Vs. a superpowered handsy movie producer) or something, would work better and keep the wow factor going.

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Black widow has tremedous ability. Her manipulative ability, very high IQ, technical prowess, and ability to kick ass all together puts her on a level of sci-fi, "powerless" or not. Combine that with her background story and you have the foundation for a very interesting movie.

She's obviously more interesting than wonderwoman , that has a "truth" lasso to copy what black widow can do without one.

18. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

It's not about how capable or kick-ass she is, it's about how good of a movie could it be. For comic geeks, it's cool just to see these characters on the big screen, but most of the people who go to see MCU movies are going for the spectacle. I want the MCU to continue for ten more years, I'm just afraid that taking the foot off the gas with a smaller scaled movie will jeopardize the MCU's longevity.

19. glt1980

I actually agree with you on this. One of the reasons people were so excited for Black Panther was because of the wow factor of the character in Civil War. Black Widow has not really had that wow factor in any of the films she has been in, she is a cool character but she is paired with someone in all her movie appearances. Plus I think her appeal would be mostly to the fans of the comic character and not so much the MCU film only fans. The right time to give black widow her own stand alone movie was probably after the Winter Solider that was the one where the character had the most exposure.

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Woman director on a film with a woman lead character with a whole island of women supporting characters and now a woman villain. They aren't going the nude character route with this one. That would be like if Coogler had decided to go full on comic book Man-Ape name and gorilla skinned costume for the M'Baku character in Black Panther. No one outside of anal/purist comic fanboys or the racist segments of nerdom would have thought that was a good look on any level.