The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

Blade - First Appearance July 1973 Tomb of Dracula #10
    Spawn - First Appearance May 1992 Spawn #1
    Black Panther - First Appearance July 1966 Fantastic Four #52

So first to be created and appear and last to get a movie.

@darkcurry - Vibranium actually is not indestructible damn close to it but not totally. In it's raw state it is vulnerable. It works by absorbing and storing kinetic energy, this actually makes it stronger but there are limits theoretically if enough force is applied to it then it will not be able to absorb the energy created it and it would explode. The amount of energy needed to do this is not really known but it is immense. How it is actually manipulated is never actually stated.

As for Adamantium what type are we talking there is Proto Adamantium which is what Captain America shield is made of and that is actually a vibranium iron alloy. The creator combined Vibranium with an unknown metal alloy and somehow got them to combine but was never able to recreate it so that is why Captain America shield is so unique. Then there is true adamantium which is what wolverine has grafted to his skeleton. This has been explained. Adamantium is completely man made and is created through the mixing of certain chemical resins whose exact composition is a closely guarded government secret. For eight minutes after the resins are mixed, Adamantium can be molded if kept at a temperature of 1,500 degrees Fahrenheit. After 8 minutes though if you have not molded then into anything that is it even at the high temps it starts to harden and once it does only someone like magneto or rune king thor could manipulate it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Magnetos power is even more badass than they show it to be. The only thing I would pick over that is the chair that Thanos has. It can move through space as if it was folded like the way black holes do. Time is relative.

3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

The latest trailer for the upcoming Spielberg dystopian flick Ready Player One.

6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Read the book it is soooooo worth it. Its actually made a lot of my portfolio decisions shift.

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

If any of you Colonizers/wanna be Colonizers watch Black Panther and claim you don't like it, you need to be pistol whipped and then shot in the head. 'Nuff Said.

8. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

The CW announced this week that they will start airing original programming on Sunday nights in the Fall:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  9. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

SPOILER ALERT:

Saw "Black Panther" last night in 3D on the last showing and it has some impressive theatrical elements but I was too tired from work to stay awake past the first hour or so lol. Erik Killmonger woke me up and in my opinion Michael B Jordan was the star of the movie as was the beautiful Lupita N'yongo who I forgot could move me so much :)

If you get sleepy during the movie . . . Erik Killmonger will wake you up because he is thinking outside the box and as a villian isn't confined to political correctness

10. darkcurry

Thanks @Ra

11. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I was a bit surprised online how many fanboi White nationalists are getting triggered by this movie, calling the movie racist and SJW propaganda.
    Or complaining about why Black Panther has to be called a Black superhero movie.lol

12. K

K Well-Known Member

Oh they are scurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrred!! It's getting blasted every where.

Poor babies. Geeze they are so unstable though, I hope it doesn't prompt some more crazy behavior shit!

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Yeah, there was a bit of that sentiment going around from various folks last night when me & the kids went to see it. So far so good. Hope it stays that way.

14. darkcurry

I'm trying to see this in the afternoon, maybe, just MAYBE it won't be that crowded. I hope. lol.

15. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Avove is the unused cover art for the Black Panther’s first appearance in issue 52 of Fantastic Four (1966). I had no clue this Jack Kirby creation even existed until I saw it on my Twitter feed.

[​IMG]

The cover chosen for publication.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  16. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Or this might...:D

[​IMG]
    :D

17. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Black Panther was fantastic.

Michael B. Jordan's Killmonger was a sad and very relatable villain.

I'm really glad the movie asked the question I had ever since I first read Black Panther comics. Why didn't Wakanda do more for the people of Africa with all that power they possess?

I'm curious how well the political and racial undertones of the movie are going to play with the average comic book nerd audience?

This movie also pulls off a rare feat by having badass female warriors not come off as unrealistic barbie dolls with weapons.

I'm also glad that they included the "super" aspect of Black Panther's powers.

I'll admit I wasn't quite sure that Ryan Coogler could pull off a big special effect movie, however, he did a masterful job.

The only real criticism I'll give is that Chadwick Boseman could have had just a bit more personality. I remember a particular run of the Avengers comics when Black Panther was portrayed as a slightly dickish super genius, who took amusement in trolling Tony Stark. I would have liked to have seen that character a bit.

With The Last Jedi being a major disappointment (for me at least) I'm glad nerd movies are back on track.

18. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Soooo, people are complaining that T'challa was too perfect. That he needed more flaws. And by people complaining, I mean white guys. ...SMDH

They just don't get it; black people don't do that self effacing, false modesty, "I'm going to make myself seem a bit lesser so you can feel better about yourself" crap.

For better or worse, we are not a humble people. We expect our heroes to project that same effortless cool. That seamless perfection that we strive for. Anything less doesn't ring true to us.

I know I said I wasn't excited to see a Black Panther movie when it was first announced. I thought they were just throwing us crumbs. I was wrong for that. Coogler and co. did a nice job. This could be Marvel's best film yet. I have to let the hype die down and watch it again before I definitely call it. But, it may just be better than CA:Winter Soldier.

19. darkcurry

It's nice to see so much support outside the few white guys you guys are mentioning for the film by non black people and I'm not talking about the ones pandering to black people. Can't wait to see this film.

To quote Gal Gadot "Everybody supporting each other is what we need." (she got some heat for that, but I agree.)

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Wow! Can't wait to see it. Winter Soldier is the best super hero movie ever. Just the thought of this movie being that close is exciting!