The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Right? So weird

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Sounds like a way to take the heat off of them. It's just that concept, of all concepts for white men in a industry that still trying to pick up on it's lack of racial diversity to choose... they thought about that kind of alternative universe??? lol.

If they wanted to do an alternative universe, then how about one where black men were in control of the country and most of the world after a successful slave rebellion that catapulted them into power and glory. You have the some of the same social and political issues, but black people were also successful in defeating racism and destroyed the myth of racial superiority and even made racism in some states or cities a criminal offense. That sounded like an eye opening alternative universe to me.

3. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

Jessica Jones is soon here again.

4. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Hmm ... that's not a bad idea. But, how would they do it and keep from being preachy? If it's on HBO, it has to have some "heft" to it without trending into SJW territory.

5. samson1701

Same fight, alternate ending.

Who you got?

6. darkcurry

That's where the right writers come in, like I love the way Irv Gotti's concept for Tales was written it just had bad acting. lol. Also Jordan Peele's Get Out is a good example of not being too preachy and just deliver a smart, good conversation. (He won the WGA award for his script over the weekend btw.) But it would be important to re-visit the slave rebellion at length and in detail in the pilot.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  7. K

K Well-Known Member

I just have to say - I'm not really one for all the superhero or comic book movie stuff.....but I'm pretty excited about this one!

8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Yeah Black Panther is the first black superhero and one of the few that's actually legit with an interesting background. Perhaps the first fictional black western world character that was born out of true creativity rather than derogatory intent.

Look forward to a story of a king, one of the 8 smartest people in the world and leader of the most technologically advanced nation on earth. The nation is home to an indestructible metal called vibranium that everyone wants. It could be used for weapons of mass destruction as well as many other things.

The Black Panther's suit is made of this precious metal and its very advanced in design. He is an advanced martial artist, technical guru and spiritual leader that has a PhD in physics from the university of Oxford. One natural born bad ass motherfucker.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  9. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Mary J. Blige Joins NetFlix's Umbrella Academy
    02/13/18

Mary J. Blige has signed onto the upcoming Netflix series The Umbrella Academy.

The live action series follows the estranged members of a dysfunctional family of superheroes (The Umbrella Academy) as they work together to solve their father’s mysterious death while coming apart at the seams due to their divergent personalities and abilities.

Blige will play Cha-Cha, a ruthless and unorthodox hitwoman who travels through time to kill assigned targets. The Umbrella Academy series is based on the graphic novels of the same name created and written by Gerard Way.

10. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

BP bout to kill it. We Out Here!

11. SilverSmith

The trailer looks utterly ridiculous, which means it will become another blockbuster hit for Dwayne Johnson.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  12. darkcurry

Unless I missed or forgot about the explanation if there was one. If vibranium and adamantium is indestructible, how are they able to mold it into different shapes and designs like with Black Panther's suit?

13. darkcurry

Yeah, but it looks like it pulls it off!

14. samson1701

Why not? I'm here for it.

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I thought about that too, but Starks father was able to mold it to create Captain Americas shield, and that thing can block anything. So I'm just going with it for now. I'm sure Tony Stark would love to have some of it, but Black Panther won't let him have any. Captain America is special in an uncorruptable way and Panther can sense it through his spirituality.

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Oh I got to have this. Damn!

17. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

How soon we forget.

Anybody remember Spawn?? Blade??

I know Black Panther was Marvel's first Black superhero, but I'll have to wait and see if he's a better character than the previous two mentioned.

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I said Black panther was the first. Was he not?? The comics go all the way back to the 60's.

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Vibranium isn't indestructible in the way that adamantium is so it can be melted down and shaped at high enough temperatures.

Vibranium absorbs all forms of energy and vibrations in the vicinity even kinetic energy directed at it. The energy absorbed is stored within the bonds between the molecules that make up the substance. As a result, kinetic energy is dissipated within the bonds instead. There are limits to the capacity of the energy that can be stored and the exact limitations are not yet known. Powerful enough energy & force directed at vibranium can overload it's energy absorbing abilities properties resulting in the destruction of vibranium

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

Freeform just dropped an all-new teaser for the new series Siren.

The drama centers on the coastal town of Bristol Cove, which is known for its legend of once being home to mermaids.