Beyonce and Colorism

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Thump, Feb 7, 2018.

1. K

K Well-Known Member

Clearly, character and personality mean nothing to you.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Agreed. Very pretty but her personality, like Omarosa, is soooo stank.

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Lol where is Jesse Williams?

4. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Omorosa >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lupita

5. andreboba

SMH. Omorosa is pretty too, but her personality mucks it all up.
    My only knock on Lupita is she has no tittays, but otherwise her facial dynamics, from a Western perspective, are near flawless.

I've been reading X-Men fanboys complaining that Lupita should be the default choice to play Storm in upcoming movies, and I have to say I agree.

6. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

This dark skinned black male thanks you.:)

7. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I agree with everything except Lupita playing storm. lol. I just think Halle Berry deserved more credit than she got for Storm. But if I were to choose another actress it would be Naomie Harris or Yetide Badaki from American Gods. (Mainly because she pulls off an amazing character on that show.)

8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

* In best Bullhorn from Black Dynamite voice*

"These niggas don't care if it's black or if it's white, as long as that pussy is pink & it's tight."

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

10. andreboba

She'll do.lol
    [​IMG]
    She was on the last reboot of '24'. I believe she's of Nigerian or Sudanese descent and really pretty to top it off.
    I always had a problem the way Hollywood depicted Storm because in the comics she was a dark skinned African woman with silver-white hair.

Keeping her true to her comic origins was more in line with the X-Men motif.
    The more I look at her, the more she really does look like the Marvel comic version of Storm.
    [​IMG]

11. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I didn’t know they replaced the mom on family matters.

As far as the fresh prince she got herself fired and I believe Alfonso went into detail about it. They could have gone with another dark skin woman, but the reasoning behind it was because the new mother was integral (with her husband) in making and producing black shows. They made it so fresh prince could exist in due to their hard work indirectly and possibly directly.

I just wanted to point that out. But, I happen to agree with your argument in regards to dark skin women in Hollywood. That being said, I personally don’t find Lupita particularly attractive. I think she is kind of cute depending on the day, but that is about it. Just my opinion.

12. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Oh, that's the wife from "24: Legacy"? She look better than Lupita too.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Personally I would take Angela Bassett (her voice even sounds similar to the cartoon of storm) or Gina Torres. Come to think of it, she looked a lot like storm in the Black Panther Trailer.

14. The Dark King

We can agree on that

15. andreboba

If Angela Bassett was younger, I bet she would have been chosen to play Storm. She has that regal quality Storm had in the comics.

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Now that's a pretty lady with dark skin. Lupita can kick rocks.

17. The Dark King

Said that since day totally agree. Shea too old for the role now but I think they used Berry because she just won that Oscar and thought she'd be a bigger draw. This is before they actually consulted actual fans.

18. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

I can dig it. But the bish fine, deal with it. LMAO

19. RicardoCooper

It's sad too, because Omarosa is very attractive.

If you could put Condi Rice's brain in Omarosa's body, you'd be onto something

20. RicardoCooper

I don't get the Lupita-bashing here

More than one dark-skinned girl can be cute at the same time, you know