BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Eh well Stranger Things takes what 18 months between seasons I doubt it impacts plot no one will remember.

2. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

^^ No way in the world that NETFLIX is going to allow puberty to wreak havoc on the cohesiveness of these teens . . . the Duffer Brothers will be ready to start shooting again next Spring I think because the glow of adolescence is temporary plus the show is a certified smash so strike while the iron is relatively hot . . . now they may delay the release but it will be in post-production by next summer

3. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Good Point I suppose now that they know renewals are guaranteed they can pick up the pace after these shows never work in College after High School

4. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

It's also important to remember that season 2 of Stranger Things was written with the full knowledge that season 3 had already been green lit. Max's (Sadie Sink) home life is setup to be dysfunctional. Her step brother flirted with being racist toward Lucas; her stepfather, having already used the epithet: "faggot," could very well be violently racist as well.

I don't believe her home life was set up to be violently bigoted by accident.

None of the other characters on the show have unstable households. Hers is the first.

5. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Well Mike's Dad is around there. He don't give a fuck about his wife and is dispassionate with his kids. But yeah her household you can just sense it that it will be intense.

6. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

Dysfunctional and clueless are two different things. Max's father physically assaulted his son and called him a "faggot."

7. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The thing about the word "faggot" in the 80's. It wasn't the N-word level slur that it is today. The fact that Billy's dad used it doesn't mean he's a raging bigot. I remember the word being the same level of insult as "dumbass" or "pussy".

8. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

^^ Good point . . . the 1980's were my childhood and there wasn't any political correctness back then. "Faggot" was just another curse word as the LGBTQ empowerment movement was a full generation away.

Is it weird that the interracial pairing of Max & Lucas is the most highly anticipated IR couple of any current TV show with the possible exception of "Cloak & Dagger" this Spring lol????

9. darkcurry

I thought Cloak and Dagger was due out in January. Did the change the release date?

10. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Cloak and Dagger has been scheduled for mid 2018 for quite awhile.

11. darkcurry

I could of swore I read something about it coming in January when the first trailer came out.

12. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

It was pushed back but that announcement was sent out months ago.

13. darkcurry

Any word on that Courtney B. Vance Felicity Huffman show? Haven't hear a thing about it. When you search it on google (at least on my end.) all the news on it is old news.

14. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

ABC didn't pick up the show.

15. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

16. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Sad indeed.

17. darkcurry

So it's just waiting to be picked up by someone else or is it done for good?

18. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Whenever broadcast networks don't pick up a new show after the pilot was done OR broadcast networks don't renew a show for a new season, I believe the studio has until the end of June to shop the show to other networks. If by the end of June no network or streaming service picks up the shows, the contracts tying the cast & crew to the show expires and the cast & crew can go find work on other TV shows. June 2017 has passed, so the show is officially done.

19. redlolly

redlolly Well-Known Member

It's a dead cert surely.
    From the programme makers perspective there's no such thing as bad publicity, and all this media circus will do is guarantee more viewers for S3.
    The Lucas character is adorable and Max is already falling for him. Clearly he's set to be the hero who tames the wild rebellious bad girl and saves her from her fucked-up family.
    Only positive messages there.

20. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

OWN(Oprah Winfrey Network might be interested. Then, again. OWN might not want to want to add this program to their network.