The Growing OPIATE & OPIOID epidemic...

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Bliss, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

As is all your opinion on the subject. Dueces.

2. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

So glad we agree since I've never said my opinions were anything but just that.

3. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

"There's even a whole cult of hip hop beats created called screw music chopped and scewed"

Then get rid of that quote. Screw music is not a style of beats. They were already created. Chopped and screw is basically an effect like autotune, flanger or phaser. You as a dj should know that. That's like saying T Pain made a new style of autotune beats by doing an autotune cover of an existing song. You're dragging screw music into producer/beat maker territory.

I brought up Scarface's song because I chose a random example of something the had nothing to do with lean in its creative process. By your logic, the Isley Brothers Between the Sheets is apart of lean culture. You're making the reach of Screws influence greater than it actually is by overlapping it into music that was made without him or lean in mind. If you say there is a cult of beats created called chopped and screwed, which was created by Screw himself, it implies that he made beats.

You clearly were trying to give us a history lesson complete with telling us about Screw music then posting a link from some uninformed moron.

4. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

How do I know he's a white dude? By looking at his avatar after clicking on his name. Unless he's trans and doesnt identify as a man. How do I know he's a square and uninformed? The article itself. So yeah, cool.

And he obviously didn't get enough information if he thought in 2017 that screw music was obscure. No problem with being born after something comes out but make sure you've got the main bulletpoints down first. Also, i never called him whitey but aight.

And a wiki "source"? Stop.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] The last few pages of this thread reminds me of the time @goodlove8 tried to explain to folks on this forum what a "Captain Save-a-Hoe" is even though he didn't understand what it was & everyone already was familiar with the term.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  7. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

8. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

These are not kids....they are moms and grand-moms.

That is a true sign of dysfunction.

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

America's opioid epidemic is moving East - from the rural, white Midwest to urban Black communities where fentanyl overdoses are soaring

By Natalie Rahhal Deputy Health Editor 22 Feb 2019

The opioid epidemic seems to be moving, geographically, spreading from the poor, rural Rust Belt to the East Coast.

[​IMG]

...Although opioid-related mortality has increased steadily and exponentially since 1999, the types of opioids involved, and the places and people most affected, have changed over time,' the study authors wrote.
    Urban, black populations are disproportionately effected, the new study found.

'Opioid-related deaths were previously thought to be concentrated in the white population, in the Appalachian and midwestern states.'

But, as if the epidemic is coming full circle to the much-overlooked heroin addiction epidemic of the 1970s, today's opioids are increasingly killing black men and women in urban areas.

'Specifically, research suggests the opioid epidemic has evolved as a series of 3 intertwined but distinct epidemics,or waves, based on the types of opioids associated with mortality,' moving from prescription opioids overdoses, to heroin deaths to, now, fentanyl and synthetic opioid deaths, the study revealed.

'The evolution has also seen a wider range of populations being affected, with the spread of the epidemic from rural to urban areas and considerable increases in opioid-related mortality observed in the black population.'

This means that the wider distribution of naloxone that we have seen in the Midwest needs to be adopted and focused on black, inner-city communities in East Coast cities, which are quickly becoming the new 'hot spots.' ...

• Prescription opioids were once the first main killers, then heroin and, most recently, synthetic opioids like the potent fentanyl
    • Synthetic opioid overdoses are have seen the greatest, most rapid increases on the East Coast of the US

10. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Damn that fentanyl is a monster. I saw that philly is one of the worst cities in the nation of fentanyl overdoses