Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

2. z

z Well-Known Member

supposedly acted erratic on Fox yesterday while promoting his book. Yep he is very conservative and was very focal against Bama. Maybe his buddy Trump will get his Fox News card back for him.

3. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Mugabe is gone - yay for Zimbabwe!
    Germany has still not been able to come up with a government 8 weeks post election - shame on us. Looks like we have to stop making fun of Americans for electing Trump and the Brits for voting leave and look at our own foolishness for a moment.

4. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

I don't know... I'd say y'all can still ridicule us as it'll take even more to be equal with Americans electing such a miserable, inept person like Trump.

5. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Reminds me of this Tweet that I saw floating around shortly after the election.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  6. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Say goodby to net neutrality!!!!

Thank you, Berners and Trumpers.

Elections MATTER.

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I was hearing about this in news blurbs. But doesn't Congress have the final say over the decision? FCC Chairman, Ajit Pai can try all he wants. Also, Isn't there a Commission vote on Dec 14th?..
    This won't happen...it'd be disastrous.

8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Just let it all crumble, as long as Hilary isn't president, I guess its worth it......lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I think it's better to look into it rather than make lame jokes about how we were saved from an Open-Borders-Pay-to-play Commie Queen.

FCC's Pai: 'Heavy-Handed' Net Neutrality Rules Are Stifling The Internet

[​IMG]

Excerpts From the NPR article...

"President Clinton got it right in 1996 when he established a free market-based approach to this new thing called the Internet, and the Internet economy we have is a result of his light-touch regulatory vision," Pai says. "We saw companies like Facebook and Amazon and Google become global powerhouses precisely because we had light-touch rules that apply to this Internet. And the Internet wasn't broken in 2015 when these heavy-handed regulations were adopted."

Pai's plan would require ISP's to disclose what they're doing, such as allowing some sites to load faster than others. Websites could pay ISPs to give them preferential treatment — a situation Pai argues would have benefits.

A health care startup could pay to prioritize the traffic of its patients who are being monitored remotely: "That could be perk," he says.

The chairman's proposal, called the Restoring Internet Freedom Order, would mark a shift in authority and emphasis. Instead of the FCC regulating how ISPs operate, the FTC would handle enforcement of net neutrality violations.

"Secondly, the FTC has long had authority and had authority prior to 2015 for almost 20 years over this space," he says. "And the result was pretty clear. They took targeted action against the bad apples and they let everyone else thrive in a free market. And I think consumers and companies were better off as a result."

As NPR's Alina Selyukh explained earlier this year, the current rules arose from incidents of ISPs meddling with traffic speeds:

"In 2015, the Democrats of the FCC decided that it was time to go all in, and what they did was essentially reclassified Internet providers, and started treating them as utility-style companies. That means they put it in the strictest-ever regulations, really expanded their oversight over the industry. Republicans at the FCC at the time really opposed this regulatory approach, so-called public utility approach. And one of the dissenting commissioners was Ajit Pai, who is now the new FCC chairman under President Trump."

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...et-neutrality-rules-are-stifling-the-internet

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Well you go right ahead and look into it ms independent, and don't worry, somebody will be willing to go back and forth with you I promise. Lol

11. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

LOL. Is Bliss really defending the end of net neutrality??

Does she think the cable communications industry should be the model for accessing the internet??

Should your ISP decide how much it costs YOU to search the sites you want on the internet??

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  12. Madeleine

Well, yeah, I've been following the story on CNN international and BBC World news. I know it was a coup d'etat. Mugabe has reigned since independence 40 Years ago. Enough is enough.

13. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Berners and Hillary Haters don't know how politics work

14. RicardoCooper

Yup. This is what "or bust" looks like

This is why I always fuck with The Dark King on here, Berners and Stein-Bot far-leftists led us straight to hell

15. RicardoCooper

As long as it's some supply-side, rightie bullshit, Bliss flies the flag for it. Bonus points if it hurts "libruls"

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. RicardoCooper

In a calculated move, Lindner's trying to fracture government, he wants to be the German version of Bernie only younger and better looking. Ironic because by US standards he's the definition of "neoliberal"

A momentary setback for Mutti, experience always wins

German government is nowhere near as shitty and dysfunctional as Murka's

17. Madeleine

Hey, you are well informed! Do they talk about the German election on standard American TV or do you read it on the net? The annoying part is even Schulz and his SPD who campaigned for the post and as soon as they realized they are only second largest fraction (what a surprise!) they announce 2 minutes after the election that they are joining the opposition instead of making themselves available to take responsibility for the good of the country. The one party that is really being strengthened by all this post election game playing is the AfD, our new right -wing populist party. They are hoping we have to vote again so they can pull even more disillusioned voters from CDU.

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

No l'm not defending it.. I'm asking questions when rules are altered and simply looking deeper into it because l never blindly accept Liberal hysteria headlines like you and Beasty do. I'm not a knee-jerk puppet to MSM headlines.

Researching the possible changes, l was surprised to learn that we've never had net neutrality ( or at least for a long time).
    I keep telling you we are the last to know.

If you want to understand the dynamics of how we get our data, this article is an eye opener..

Net neutrality is fiction no matter what the FCC does
    By Shira Ovide

https://www.bloomberg.com/gadfly/articles/2017-11-21/net-neutrality-already-ended

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Now this opposing view is also interesting, though l'm not sure you can compare the U.S to one ISP in Portugal.

http://www.businessinsider.com/net-neutrality-portugal-how-american-internet-could-look-fcc-2017-11

Also the last paragraph...Facebook and Google to a degree, have already been doing that to Conservative sites or alternative news sites.

".Yonatan Zunger, a former Google employee, recently retweeted Khanna's tweet, adding: "This isn't even the worst part of ending net neutrality. The worst part happens when ISPs say 'we don't like this site's politics,' or 'this site competes with us,' and block or throttle it."

20. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

No complete apathy towards people suffering lead to this. If you can't win with the biggest political war chest/name in history next to the Kennedies against virtual novices then its you and only you to blame. Clinton was a weak candidate and literally the only democrat Trump could beat because she embodies everything most people detest. Elitist and corrupt. The vast majority of Berners as you call us voted for her even though we did not want her because we knew she'd be better than 45. Funny how its now on those of us who didn't actually support Trump.