BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Yeah Stein hasnt but come on he is an old white guy, no one expects romance....and Rory well you know....even the newer white guy has gotten more action then Jax when Jax is OG its pathetic.

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I haven't been watching that much of this season. But that is a bit surprising, I still think they are very messy with the James Olsen Character. He has had so many roles on that show it's like they don't know what to do with him since they ended those short lived relationships between him and Lucy and him and Kara. Should've went back to Lucy if they didn't want him with Kara.

3. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I agree. That brother is all over the place. Now he is guardian/catco interim CEO/whatever the hell else. At least the character an multitask.

4. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Melissa Benoist, responded about the sexual misconduct allegations by stating that she is in a show that stands for equality, feminism and other things.

Well, if Supergirl was about all these things, especially equality, why couldn't James Olsen remain in a relationship with Kara? The writers made James,a guy whom, is a good friend to Superman, a guy who stood in the background of their friendship and he acted like he was a jilted lover. He got involved with Lucy Lane and things were good but not great. It would have been better if James stayed with Kara. But, like Superman and Lois Lane, there are complications that get in the way such as an enemy's attack.

If the sequel to Wonder Woman includes Diana's romance with a black man whom Diana admires for his strength of character and physical strength, will the man die trying to protect Diana in the film like he did in the comics?

5. darkcurry

Well the show is a feminist show, but more so a liberal(political) one where they try a little too hard. I caught the last episode it looks like they ended Alex's relationship as well(for now.) I seen where clips where it looks like they could lead to a relationship with James Olsen and Lena Luthor. I don't know how that would work they are two totally different people.

Not a chance they add Trevor Barnes in the sequel, remember Wonder Woman is a movie made by political feminist too. The only "alternative" relationship they'll campaign for and would want are lesbian relationships. Did you see the wonderwoman SNL skit? They'll want a lesbian relationship if they decide to give her another relationship in the sequel.

6. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I haven't seen SNL in a long time. Lesbianism wouldn't be an impossibility because Diana was raised around women and the Greek goddess Lesbos may have been one of those goddesses other than Hera. So it is not a far stretch.

7. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. Also anyone notice how the CW overall glorifies white male sociopathic behavior. Nearly every show has a white male who murders people and everyone forgives and moves on.
    Green Arrow has Slade who murdered Oliver's mother right in front of him and now all is forgiven?
    Legends of Tomorrow has Rory who killed his family and he's some how a hero now no questions asked?
    Last season of Flash they were all ready to forgive time remnant Barry right after he killed HR like it didn't happen literally hours before.
    Don't get me started on The Vampire Diaries or The Originals they just piled up the bodies and no one cared as long as they felt bad about it.
    Even on Supernatural where Sam opened the final seal to hell after being told numerous times don't trust demons stay away from demon blood and killed thousands in the process but hey he feels bad so lets move on.
    Rarely do you see women do this unless they're villains ie Katherine on VD. And you definitely NEVER see this with black characters or any other people of color.
    Food for thought

8. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

It was too bad, because I was sitting there and drooling over him and would love to see him without his shirt on together with a woman.

9. darkcurry

Yeah that was kind of my point by mentioning the SNL sketch, and in this day in age they will go there than add Trevor Barnes. Plus we aren't there that far with IR between a bm and ww. The Mountain Between Us was the first mainstream movie with an mainstream white actress in a starring role involved in a IR romance. Wonderwoman is an obvious bigger movie. Not there yet.

10. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

What about A United Kingdom? That film came out before The Mountain Between Us. Before them was the screwball romantic comedy Jump Tomorrow.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  11. darkcurry

Keyword is mainstream. Kate Winslett is an Academy Award Winning Actress that has been in some big movies. Rosamund Pike is a VERY good actress and A United Kingdom is her biggest film from a critically stand point so far. But Kate is bigger in Hollywood than Rosamund.

12. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

You mean known in Hollywood. Rosamund Pike has been around for some time. Maybe not as long as Kate Winslett, but she has been busy.

13. darkcurry

Bigger as in known, fanbase, casted in mainstream movie roles as the lead, ect.

14. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Yeah, it seems like only the white people are allowed to have sex and relationships on the show.

15. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Love, romance, sex and victory always goes to white people on screen because of the writers. They don't mean for it to be this way because they are hungry and want to keep their careers. Next are the sponsors who pay for it all because they believe they know their audience.

I remember when Smallville came on. It took a while for me to watch it because it seemed to me like the usual fare at the CW,teen drama featuring pretty white kids with problems. But this was updated, reimagined story of Superman when Clark Kent was a teen, going through adolescence, but discovering who and what he is, what his purpose is. Well, I watched and was thoroughly impressed.

16. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

@darkcurry I don't watch "Stranger Things", but looks like there was a negative pushback for the IR on the show:

http://hollywoodlife.com/2017/11/08...ings-sadie-sink-comfortable-caleb-mclaughlin/

17. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

18. darkcurry

19. darkcurry

Yeah, no negative push back on Mike and Eleven's kiss. Both in season 1 and 2.

20. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

I made reference to this interracial issue earlier a few pages back. Sadie does seem sincere and genuine with her stance on professionalism in the dramatic arts and she and her newfound romantic interest have a foundation of friendship from their circle of peers on Broadway. I liked the way she affectionately encouraged Caleb at the American Music Awards this weekend. It was probably just the usual suspects on twitter who made a volcano out of this anthill . . . the poster from good ole Oklahoma comes to mind (SMDH). I think Sadie & Caleb will be fine if the Duffer Brothers so decide to advance their romantic relationship in season 3 :)