Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

His points run along these lines...

Liberals and The Hollyweird Industry possess a God complex, meanwhile, not unlike the Catholic Church, they protected their own. Those limosine-Liberals knew all along, but had no problem attacking the Right for their misdeeds.

As for Bo B, the trade by Obama for a traitor's freedom was astonishing.
    Even some Democrats didn't want to defend it..It cost the military heavily.
    U.S Soldiers lives were utterly destroyed.
    In the end, 5 Taliban prisoners walked free. Bo walked free. It's that simple.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  2. bodhesatva

bodhesatva Well-Known Member

I agree with a lot of this, but would say this is not particular to Hollywood, or to liberals, or to Republicans. The reality is that powerful men (and women, but especially men) get away with things because of their power. I'm with you there -- it isn't particular to powerful men who happen to be Republican.

All I'm asking is that when their horrible behavior is revealed to the public at large, we do our best to hold them accountable, regardless of whether they happen to be on our political "team" or not. I think Democrat voters are doing a reasonably good job of that -- they certainly aren't rallying to the defense of Weinstein or Spacey, for instance. But Republican voters largely are not doing that: they are placing party / tribal loyalty as paramount.

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Ha..for someone who always posts a disclaimer they aren't political at all and don't get involved, you sure post a lot in the political threads. o_O
    Welcome...dry your feet. :cool:

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

No offense, but you're wrong there. I can show you evidence to the contrary...
    *Honestly, I try not to get drawn into the Site when l can't afford to, because it ends up taking up a lot of my time, so when I have a bit more time tonight or tomorrow, I can respond more in depth with examples.

5. bodhesatva

bodhesatva Well-Known Member

I'm saying we should do our best, not that we always do. I absolutely agree that we don't always do our best.

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

“Those telling me to shut up … I tell them, 'Go to hell. I’m gonna tell my story!”
    - Donna Brazile, who ran the Democratic National Committee during the 2016 White House race, on Sunday, told ABC’s “This Week.”

<3<3<3
    Preach!

7. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Donna Brazile has already backtracked on most of her assertions in her tell-all book. The most inaccurate one is that HRC assumed control of the DNC after loaning them millions to keep them solvent.

The fund raising deal she AND Bernie signed only took affect after the primaries, in which case all general election candidates assume control of the DNC and RNC.

Just like Trump who effectively too control of the RNC after he won the primaries.

8. andreboba

At the time Obama didn't know the specifics of Bergdahl's disappearance or capture by the Taliban.
    Regardless, the U.S. military doesn't allow soldiers to desert and decide their punishment is to be held as a captive by a terrorist organization.

IN most cases, if you go AWOL, the military will do its very best to track you down and bring you up on court martial charges.
    That's how thing are done, not right wing talk radio vigilante justice.

How the heck did it cost the military heavily?? Seriously.
    Did Congress slash the Pentagon budget and somehow I missed it???

9. andreboba

It will take a constitutional amendment. Good luck with that happening anytime soon.

The things you want would require Progressive in total control of the WH, Congress and most governor's seats.

The best chance for a 3rd party in this country to win the presidency is to kick ass in the primaries.
    If Bernie was younger, I'd advise him to give it another go

10. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

You sure? I just watched this clip from this morning's episode of Roland Martin's show on TV One:

Doesn't sound like Donna backed down.

11. andreboba

Either way, her book contains major errors. For instance, there's a quote where Brazile said she considered replacing HRC/Kain with Biden/Booker when HRC collapsed during the primaries(?).

Brazile didn't have the authority to do that alone if HRC couldn't finish her campaign because of health reasons.

12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Cost heavily in terms of soldiers dying indirectly (we disagree on it, l understand), soldiers almost dying and suffering immeasurable pain, disfigurement and brain damage, the cost in time grave effort and money to capture 5 taliban enemies, only to release them back...do you think there is no cost there?

Furthermore, while the Military's priority is to vigorously track down deserters to bring them home to a court martial, we still have POW's whom are still waiting long before Bergdahl.

"Obama didn't know the specifics of his disappearance or capture at the time"? When he made the deal?? That makes no sense, AB.
    Bergdahl's record was evident to the Military before he ever was deployed; he washed out in Coast Guard training. He had a mental break. Yet he was still accepted? That's crazy.

Now look at who was released...these top ranking men absolutely will kill more Americans and likely have since.

Bowe Bergdahl's 5 traded Taliban commanders: Here’s who they are -

And what might they do when released?

The little information we know about them comes from their Guantanamo case files. All of them are described as "high risk, as he may pose a threat to the U.S., its interests and allies."

[​IMG]
    Khirullah Said Wali Khairkhwa
    This 47-year-old was once the Taliban's interior minister, actually helping to create the Taliban movement in 1994. His Guantanamo case file released by WikiLeaks, described him as a “hard-liner in his support of the Taliban philosophy” and “known to have close ties to Osama bin Laden.”

Captured by Pakistani border patrol on Feb. 16 2002.

[​IMG]

Mullah Mohammad Fazl
    Guantanamo case file also describes him as being present at a 2001 prison riot that led to the death of CIA operative Johnny Michael Spann, the first U.S. citizen killed in the Afghan war. "If released, detainee would likely rejoin the Taliban and establish ties with ACM elements participating in hostilities against US and Coalition forces in Afghanistan," his case file reads.

Fazi surrendered to a Northern Alliance commander in November 2001, and was transferred to U.S. custody in December.

[​IMG]
    Mullah Norullah Noori
    His Guantanamo case file says that he "continues to be a significant figure encouraging acts of aggression."

Noori turned himself in to a Northern Alliance commander in November 2001.

[​IMG]

Abdul Haq Wasiq
    his Guantanamo case file, he “utilized his office to support al Qaeda” and was “central to the Taliban’s effort to form alliances with other Islamic fundamentalist groups.”

Wasiq was detained in November 2001.

[​IMG]

Mohammed Nabi Omari

member of a joint al-Qaeda-Taliban cell in eastern Khost province, according to his case file, and “one of the most significant former Taliban leaders detained” at Guantanamo.

Omari was captured in September 2002

Everyone in this whole case walked. That's bullshit.

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Those are not "major errors". You cited only one example, and it's still not a "major error". It was her exact thought at the time, which she explained why.
    From her perspective as the Chairperson, l'm sure she knew she would have to consult with others on the Committee if she chose to formally proceed with Clinton's removal based on 'illness'. In particular because Joe Biden('s team) reached out to Brazile to discuss replacing her.

Sheesh AB, 'for some reason every critical thinking neuron in your brain has shut down when it comes to Hillbilly, and for the life of me I have no clue why.'
    (he he)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  14. ColiBreh1

15. ColiBreh1

@darkcurry The Jimmy Dore Show had Abby Martin on as guest:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  16. andreboba

Jimmy Dore hates MSNBC, probably because he could never get a job there.

I guess Rachel Maddow is just as dangerous to journalism as Joy Reid, another one of his favorite punching bags.

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

The end for Mugabe: (?)
    Zimbabwe's dictator is detained by military in 'bloodless correction' of power amid claims his hated wife has fled to Namibia as deposed vice-president returns from exile..

• Robert Mugabe, 93, and his family have been detained after Zimbabwe's military staged 'bloodless correction'
      • Tanks and soldiers seen on the streets of the capital Harare and loud explosions were heard in the city centre
      • It came as the military delivered a TV address denying that there had been a coup and that Mugabe was 'safe'
      • Former vice-president Emmerson Mnangagwa, sacked by Robert Mugabe last week, has returned from exile
      • Armoured vehicles are patrolling the streets and Britons and Americans have been advised to stay indoors
      • There are claims that Mugabe's wife has fled to Namibia after being allowed to leave the country last night
      • South African President Jacob Zuma has spoken to Mugabe and says he is 'fine' but 'confined to his home'
      • ****Its a long story if you want the details....

18. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Interesting article describing in part Trump's rise to power, interesting quotes attributed to Ben Franklin, I consider myself quite the historian, but was unaware of these comments from him, it is very interesting that we hear almost the SAME comments in present day from some on the right.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hate-america-comes-back-100032161.html

"Hate in America began even before there was an America. Among Benjamin Franklin’s many written rants against what he called the “Stupid, Swarthy Germans,” was this: “Why should Pennsylvania, founded by the English, become a Colony of Aliens, who will shortly be so numerous as to Germanize us instead of our Anglifying them, and will never adopt our Language or Customs, any more than they can acquire our Complexion.”

The new nation, he wrote, should be a haven for “the … purely white People in the World”, because so many other places were “black or tawny” [Africa], “chiefly tawny” [Asia], or “swarthy” [most of Europe, including Spain, Italy, France, Russia, and — to the puzzlement of historians for centuries, Sweden.) It is only logical to distrust those who look different, he argued, because “I am partial to the Complexion of my Country, for such Kind of Partiality is natural to Mankind.”

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Chris Cuomo twice equates "Fake News" to the N-Word
    Oh you unhinged libby. Smh.

From 1-1:30 sec

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  20. z

z Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1