Sexual Harassment/Assault Scandals

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by ColiBreh1, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

He cant be prosecuted for her assault because the statute of limitations ran out 10 years ago. Coincidentally the state of California recently voted to remove the statute of limitations on rape, however, it only applies to crimes committed after Jan 1st, 2017.

2. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

True indeed. The charges are not retroactive. No doubt the same for NY State too.

3. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

The moral of the story is that anytime a man propositions a woman, and she does not find that man attractive, it is considered sexual harassment. But, if she thinks he's cute, it's all good.

Gawd, I'm so glad society wasn't like this back in the day. Because, had it been, my parents would've never have gotten together. My moms did not like my dad at all when he approached her. She curbed him more than a few times. But, he kept at it, everytime he saw her, until she agreed to go out with him one time. And if she didn't like him after that, he'd leave her alone. Fast forward almost two decades and they were happily married till the day he died.

If my dad had done that in today's climate ... he'd be labeled a predator or worse.

Not really trying to compare Weinstein to my dad. But, the whole subjectiveness of how society is approaching these situations rubs me the wrong way. There has to be a better way of handling things that doesn't start from the point of view that attention from an ugly guy is tantamount to rape or similar emotional trauma.

I think the line should be drawn at unwanted touching or the withholding of employment, income or other opportunities because someone doesn't want to sleep with whoever is propositioning him or her. Anything less than that shouldn't be something that ends your career or worse.

4. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Continuously propositioning someone for a date after they turned you down although could not be seen as sexual harassment it is pestering which is a form of harassment because it's almost like you are not taking no for an answer. Especially if this person is seeking you out and or following you. I used to have a girlfriend that had this guy bother her a lot at her gym even after she told him that she was in a relationship with me, he didn't care. That bothered me and her.

5. darkcurry

I'am TOTALLY convince that some women in Hollywood and probably some of these women coming forward had (consensual) sex with him. Why? Because it doesn't make sense that every single time he did this that he was turned down for sex or he wouldn't have done it so much. Confidence would've took a big hit. It had to work a few times for him to keep going on and on and even as Cara Delvigne puts it propositioned her for a threesome in his hotel room.

Just makes you think he OBVIOUSLY slept with some of these women or other women that choose to stay quiet. That is another part where some of these women are losing me. You mean to tell me NO ONE took him up on his advances and slept with him for a boost in Hollywood? He struck out with everybody?

[​IMG]

6. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  7. ColiBreh1

8. darkcurry

W.M.W. (White Man's World.) They are still going be in control in hollywood because of shit like this. They dropped the hammer down on an man found innocent and because there was an objective behind it(he was with a white woman.) white people joined the black people in taking him down ignoring the evidence for an acquittal thinking that he only got off because he is a man. But they ignore the fact that there have been MANY black men released from prison due to false rape allegations that courts found them guilty of.

But I do notice how Nate's name isn't brought up during these allegations against these men in HW, hell they are barely bringing Cosby up which I find odd.

BTW Jessica Chastain is becoming one of those white feminist that are racist. I mentioned how she pointed the lack of women on a CBS post that showed some of their line up featuring 1 black man and all white men. Others on twitter called her out on her not noticing the fact that there are more women leading CBS shows than black men and POC overall. They even pointed out how she ignored that the new Star Trek show is lead by a black woman.

It reminds me of when Elizabeth Banks called herself calling out Steven Spielberg's lack of female leads actually saying "he’s never made a movie with a female lead."
    TOTALLY overlooking The Color Purple. She apologized for it, but it just goes to show how white feminist just keep looking for themselves, overlooking WOC and can careless that MOC especially black men are still in a uphill battle in this white man's world and have faced the most heinous and humiliating side of racism for centuries. And black women have the nerve to compare us to that shit, thinking we are putting them through something similar or worse and try to make systemic racism out to be our fault.

In the words of Tupac, They don't give a fuck about us.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Casey Affleck won a Oscar in spite of him gettlng settlements with other women. He was quickly forgotten when Moonlight won for Best Picture.

10. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Now I'm hearing shit that the GOP is trying to blame progressives and liberals for enabling Harvey Weinstein(smh....really!!??) and that this will be an issue in the 2018 midterms run on by Republicans as a 'cultural problem'.

Forget the fact our current POTUS has an equally damning recording about how he sexually assaulted women because he could get away with it and has similar accusations concerning sexual assault.

l'll say this about Republicans, when they find red meat, they don't fuck around.
    ANYTHING can be turned into a political weapon against their opponents.

11. samson1701

Yeah, I understand where you're coming from. I've been down that road. I'm not the most manly looking dude. Especially, when I was younger. So, cats where always trying to pester my girlfriends. And, it is irritating as fuck. But, it's a part of human interaction, that while may be in bad taste, is not a crime. Nor should it be.

Now, if a guy is trying physically intimidate my girl (or any woman), then It's a problem. That's a line he's crossed and that guy should be delt with. Crime or not.

12. darkcurry

As I have stated before I'am not into politics, but republicans are the WORSE form of hypocrites. When people do bring up Trump, O'rielly and Ailes' sexual harassment and assault cases they don't believe the victims, it's a witch hunt, the accusers haven't proved it, not realizing people that are defending liberals are doing the same thing they are. But I guess oh it only really happened if it was a liberal. This is why I don't do politics, the delusional ignorance of some of these people is like WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU!?
    They let conservatism dictate what they find true or not. No minds of their own, fucking sleep walking through life.

13. ColiBreh1

I don't blame conservatives/right-wingers/GOP making a big deal out of this. Whenever I see liberal Hollywood/celebrities get on their moral high horse especially at award shows, I usually roll my eyes because we all know their hypocritical & fake AF.

Like there are current Hollywood producers who are well-known open secret serial pedophiles such as Dan Schneider. Why ain't nobody trying to put him on blast right now? Oh that's right, his shows make too much money for Nickelodeon/Viacom, so he's protected.

14. samson1701

Everyone wants to be a stickler for the rules. Until the rules
    Nope. Total false equivalency. Con-servatives' whole platform and political strategy for winning is based on family values and being a good, honest and chivalrous man. These guys literally make laws that govern how you and I live based on their moral judgement.

Hollywood makes entertainment and never claimed to be perfect. There is, and should always be, a higher bar of behavior for our leaders than for those who entertain us.

Hollywood ain't taking food and healthcare away from children and the disabled. Con-servatives are.

15. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Yup and low-info Trumpies lap that shit up like mother's milk including one person on this forum

16. ColiBreh1

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

This is a non story to me. A bunch of millionaires complaining after they made their millions. They're fine they don't need our attention or our support
    And like Sam said it seems like its gross because he's not attractive. If he were Brad Pitt or Clooney would this even be an issue?

18. darkcurry

I'm almost certain some of those are photoshopped. Are some of those leaks with celebs or random models?
    But you have to also know that even the women in Hollywood are super freaky! They have to be careful before trying to go super hard with this sense of "higher morality" than men, because just like some of them have been exposed for being racist, people know and it will be put out there even further of how wild some of them are.

They sexualize men and find nothing wrong with it. One of the reasons why some of these men are seen as sex symbols is because famous women(ww) just like their fans drool over them. Recently Idris Elba have had women including Kate Winslet talk about how sexy he is and talked about how he likes feet more than how talented he is. I seen a interview and I didn't know so many white women in Hollywood wanted to work with him, but it was mainly because of how sexy he is nothing to do with his talent. Now if Idris would've said how he wanted to work with an actress because of how sexy she is he would've got accused of sexualizing women and with him being black he would've got raked through the coals. So some of these women need to tread lightly.

19. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Weinstein has been ousted from the Motion Picture Academy. He is the second member to be ousted.

20. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Didn't even hear about it fam