BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

Don Cheadle has a fuck ton of charisma and believability as a business consultant - Blair, not so much. Also, Don, and Kristen Bell for that matter, have this innate goodness to them that undercuts the horrible behavior of their characters. Not sure if many actors could pull off the material, which I agree with you, was mostly mediocre.

2. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Monday nights on The CW - "Valor" just aired this week and IR is already in the air as the protagonist is in an interracial relationship and her black boyfriend is already being sized up by a superbly sexy CIA liason who doesn't seem too worried about violating regulations :). Great overall plot so far about America's reluctance to put Boots on the Ground in Muslim hotzones . . . so Special Ops are used to transport mercenaries but who's accountable when shit goes wrong?

3. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Plus he is usually screwing over assholes so...

4. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Don Cheadle portrayed Sammy Davis, Jr. in the film The Rat Pack. He had Sammy down. He had a bedroom scene with actress Megan Dodds, who portrayed May Britt.

In the film The Devil In A Blue Dress, he played Mouse Alexander, Easy Rawlin's lethal friend in the Easy Rawlings stories.

Don Cheadle had come a long way since playing Rocket on Colors.

5. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

We spoke about this show earlier this past summer, she's having an affair with her white male friend behind her husband's back. It is another show that sets IR up to be doomed with the pointless addition of a white guy involved in their relationship. lol.

6. Skaddix

I wouldnt worry the ratings for it are shit. But yeah the Black Guy getting cucked is not my thing.

7. darkcurry

Yeah their most anticipated new shows with IR in them are Dynasty and Life Sentence. Dynasty aired tonight and we will have to wait until January to see Life Sentence.
    Don't know how dynasty is going. I remember the original one back in the 80's though.

8. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

But the personality matters more. And in corporate America success is far hotter than looks. Make a name for yourself and women will throw themselves at you like you were a top model

9. Skaddix

I skimmed it...rich white conservative dad's worst nightmare...Son is Gay and Fucks Mexicans and the Daughter Loves the BBC.

10. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

The 80's adaptation had Steven Carrington come out as gay. Two actors played Steven and two actresses played Fallon(Pamela Sue Martin and Emma Samms). Blake killed Stevens lover in a fit of rage.

Blake discovered that he had a black sister (played by Dianne Carrol). Alexis didn't believe it and made no bones about what she thought of her.

Rich and powerful really did look good back then. But so was the cattiness among the female characters. That sometimes helped shows like Dynasty and Dynasty 2: The Colby's.

11. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

It applies also to shows about professional sports like HBO's First And Ten(O.J. Simpson and Joe Namath were on that show. Simpson beds a white woman on that show).

Power, recognized and perceived, is always attractive as it is dangerous.

12. Skaddix

I suppose I am showing my age...I know Of Dynasty...I dont know shit about Dynasty if that makes sense.

13. Young Herschel

I don't believe they're married . . where did u get that impression? Her black boyfriend is DEFINITELY gonna lash out at her for keeping secrets and bend over that cute as can be CIA liason so Im all good with the IR to come . . . plus there are numerous other black characters

14. Young Herschel

Don't judge the ratings just yet . . . give it a chance to breathe and gain a following

15. Skaddix

Eh it is CW and they cant be predicted.

16. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

It's understandable. I don't watch any CW shows, either. The 80's adaptation was pretty riveting because of the cast and it dealt with issues like rape, corruption, deception, drugs and sexual intrigue. Fallon Carrin slept around a lot. Sammie Jo, Krystal Carrington's niece,a wild bad girl, sort of becomes a protégée of Alexis but marries Steven before his coming out as gay.

This adaptation of the 80's show borrowed a lot from the 80's show but the characters were slightly altered. Krystal was a blonde. The new Krystal is a brunette. Sammie Jo was a young woman, now a gay man. The CW has a lot of work cut out for itself with this adaptation. When Alexis appears is another issue if she hasn't appeared already. But if the writers of this show are clever and are able to throw in some twists and surprises, it might make it.

17. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

Dynasty...

18. darkcurry

My fault, I did not mean to say husband. But mind you this is these are the main characters, it's another dysfuncional IR relationship which is what is lacking when it comes to IR on TV involving a black man in a relationship. Just look at how supergirl did Kara's relationship with James and Mon-El, the way they decided to end Liv's IR romance on iZombie and the black guy on Wynonna Earp for an example.

Now also remember Iam speaking from how they showed us in the trailer, but it's still dysfunctional and follows a trend

19. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I did not know that. There are a very few White actresses who have a Black love interest in a TV series. The actress from Save The Last Dance played a Desmona character in O.

20. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Me too.