Latest IR marriage stats..

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by medullaslashin, Sep 28, 2017.

1. medullaslashin

medullaslashin Well-Known Member

Just thought I'd post a link to these stats in case you guys haven't seen them. No big surprises, though it is interesting that the black IR marriage rate has tripled since 1980.

"Asian and Hispanic newlyweds are the most likely to be intermarried.
    Nearly three-in-ten Asian newlyweds (29%) were married to someone of a different race or ethnicity in 2015, as were 27% of Hispanic newlyweds. Intermarriage for these groups was especially prevalent among the U.S. born: 39% of U.S.-born Hispanics and almost half (46%) of U.S.-born Asian newlyweds were intermarried in 2015."

"The most common racial or ethnic pairing among newlywed intermarried couples is one Hispanic and one white spouse (42%). The next most common intermarriage pairings are one white and one Asian spouse (15%). Some 12% of newlywed intermarried couples include one white and one multiracial spouse, and 11% include one white and one black spouse."

"The most dramatic increase has occurred among black newlyweds, whose intermarriage rate more than tripled from 5% in 1980 to 18% in 2015. Among whites, the rate rose from 4% in 1980 to 11% in 2015."

"Since 1980, an educational gap in intermarriage has begun to emerge. While the rate of intermarriage did not differ significantly by educational attainment in 1980, today there is a modest gap. In 2015, 14% of newlyweds with a high school diploma or less were married to someone of a different race or ethnicity. In contrast, 18% of those with some college experience and 19% of those with a bachelor’s degree or more were intermarried. ...The educational gap is most striking among Hispanics. Nearly half (46%) of Hispanic newlyweds with a bachelor’s degree were married to someone of a different race or ethnicity in 2015, yet this share drops to 16% for those with a high school diploma or less."

"...Just 3% of newlyweds in or around Asheville, North Carolina, and Jackson, Mississippi, are intermarried."

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...nd-marriage-50-years-after-loving-v-virginia/

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Yet black and ww are the faces of IR
    Interesting

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The thing is Hispanic isn't a race. So the so-called "intermarriage" is probably just two white people marrying each other.

4. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

You say that, but if I showed you a Mestizo El Salvadorian woman and an Irish White guy, you wouldn't say they are the same ethnicity.

BMWW IR gets so much more undeserved attention, but really it's Asians and Hispanics who are the kings of IR.
    I was a little shocked that American born Asians marry outside their race at almost a 50% clip.

Another interesting tidbit, the more educated you are, the more likely your chances are of marrying and dating IR.
    So the advice I guess for BM wanting to date IR is to get that degree.lol

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  5. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Where did you hear that at? lol.

6. andreboba

From the OP's post,

"Since 1980, an educational gap in intermarriage has begun to emerge. While the rate of intermarriage did not differ significantly by educational attainment in 1980, today there is a modest gap. In 2015, 14% of newlyweds with a high school diploma or less were married to someone of a different race or ethnicity. In contrast, 18% of those with some college experience and 19% of those with a bachelor’s degree or more were intermarried. ...The educational gap is most striking among Hispanics. Nearly half (46%) of Hispanic newlyweds with a bachelor’s degree were married to someone of a different race or ethnicity in 2015, yet this share drops to 16% for those with a high school diploma or less."

More educated men AND women are more open to dating IR.

7. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Yeah, your right, I'm just saying that using Hispanic as a way of differentiating peoples race is problematic. If someone like Cameron Diaz marries a man from Ireland it would technically be a Hispanic person marrying a "white" person, however, nobody in their right mind would call it an IR marriage.

8. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

Do you have any idea why we are more open to IR?

9. andreboba

Maybe because they're less swayed by family and cultural attitudes and are more inclined to be independent thinkers.

It's the reason I believe most women in general don't really have a 'type',
    Any woman is attracted to all kinds of men, you're lucky if she's attracted to YOU.

For instance, when I was growing up I had Black friends who used to say in private, when White people had wet hair, they smelled exactly like dogs.
    And I would think to myself, have you ever even been around any White people, like at the pool in the summer time??

It's this kind of crap that won't fly the more educated you become about other races and ethnicities of people, which IMO makes you more open to forming relationships with them.

10. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

I agree.

11. K

K Well-Known Member

I get what you are saying...but this is a fallacy. All people have a type. There will be certain people they are drawn to more than others. Physically as well as other attributes. Women tend to say they don't have a type to be nice and also to keep their options open...the whole thing about being a woman's prerogative to change her mind. Often they have specifics they may be drawn to that they really don't want to admit to or be public about too.

I do think that the more educated people are the more open they tend to be. Chances are, they are more exposed to more people, cultures, etc. They may travel more also.

12. jxsilicon9

jxsilicon9 Active Member

You shouldn't be surprised. Asian culture is social/financial climbing.They have a high divorce rate along with WF/BM.