what do you smell like?

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by buglerroller, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Hmm nice! Especially Dior Sauvage, very yummy.

2. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

I only have the shower gel, don't remember what it is called, something with rose and bla, bla.

3. Madeleine

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ...and a few more, depending on the mood and occasion.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  4. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Huh? How would that put you in trouble?

5. Madeleine

I have been wanting to test the Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille forever but it's so hard to come by over here. It's supposed to be unisex. Is it heavier on the Tobacco or the vanilla? I have Tea for two by L'Artisan Parfumeur which is also a unisex Tobacco Vanilla kind of story but I am a little disappointed cos it's too heavy on the tobacco (for a woman). I want more of the vanilla.

6. Madeleine

My favourite casual, just smells good but doesn't make a statement type of perfume:
    [​IMG]

7. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

This just arrived in the mail on a blind buy. Hope I fall in love with it

[​IMG]

8. 4north1side2

Haven't smelled that but Burberry makes great scents. My favorite is Burberry Brit.

9. Madeleine

You will. It's a good one, provided it works for your skin. And it's really powerful for an EdT. I am a bit scared of blind-buying perfumes.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  10. meowkittenmeow

Tobacco vanille is considered more on the masculine side although some consider it unisex. It smells like a man smoking a pipe during the holiday season with a bit of tonka bean (the vanilla), and it dries down into a very masculine tone.

I have known some women who wear it. It depends on the body chemistry. In my personal opinion, it isn't a fragrance I would like to smell on a woman.

I have since added 3 thiery mugler flankers to my collection as well as oud wood (by tom ford), honey oud (by floris), and spice bomb as well as spice bomb extreme. I use spicebomb for the gym as I generally avoid designer level fragrances. I suppose designer fragrances do have their place on the days that you simply do not care.

For black tie events, I have a much more niche collection of fragrances.

I hope this helps.

11. meowkittenmeow

I'm not familiar with this one. I am considering blind buying noir de noir by tom ford. How many reviews did you check before blind buying it? Just curious.

12. redlolly

redlolly Well-Known Member

I wear this with more casual/daytime clothes
    [​IMG]

And this with more formal or evening wear
    [​IMG]

13. Madeleine

Does help, thanks. Don't think I can pull it off (the Tobacco Vanille). What I'm looking for is a dark, non-sweet but still feminine vanilla-Tonka kind of dry down. Dior Addict comes close.
    I love niche perfumes. I have a few Penhaligon, L'Artisan Parfumeur and a Jo Malone one. If I had a lot of black tie events to attend I'd be going crazy on the niche stuff. But that's not the phase of life I'm in right now. Have you tried Serge Lutens? I'm very confident you'll like his scents. What about the famous Black Orchid?
    I think I know the Thierry Mugler flankers you are talking about, the Malt, the Havanna one, the coffee one etc...good stuff! Spicebomb is also a nice one, just like the flowerbomb. The flowerbomb is on my never ending perfume wishlist:).

As for blind buys fragrantica.com is essential I think.

14. meowkittenmeow

I think tom ford has a noir for women you might want to try. Clive christian makes solid fragrances and mortal skin by stephane humbert lucas are two black tie niche fragrances I enjoy wearing.

Dark fragrances can be tricky for women. If you want, I could probably come up with a niche fragrance for you.

15. 4north1side2

I brought it off the strength of my ex gf approaching another inquiring what he was wearing. I'm not crazy over it.

16. Madeleine

My husband bought it last year so I'm kinda used to the scent. It's too sharp in the opening but the dry down is good. Not something one can use too much of. Not my favourite men's perfume either, but women generally seem to enjoy it.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  17. Madeleine

Sure! Let me know if one comes to your mind. I have a few Annick Goutal and Serge Lutens scents I want to go test soon which will take me to a certain department store in Munich that carries some non-mainstream brands. They might hopefully have what you suggest:)

18. meowkittenmeow

Sorry to hear that. What is your fall and winter go to fragrance?

19. meowkittenmeow

It's a little mainstream but have you heard of guerlain tonka imperiale?

20. Madeleine

Yes, I've heard of it. Thank you, I'll see where I can find that one:).

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017