BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Is it worth watching?

2. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

On the most recent episode of The Good Place on NBC it was revealed that.......
    Elenor (the blonde) and Chidi (the brother from Africa) had sex 20 times and said "I love you" to each other, but neither one of them remembers because they keep getting their memories erased.

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Until its like House of Lies meh

4. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I liked it. It mixes horror with action, and a bit of comedy with some eroticism thrown in mostly from Lemm and Olivia. I would compare it to the way how Buffy the vampire produced and wrote it's horror show.

My only gripe about it is that I wish it was a little more dark since it is by the same author of True Blood. I understand it is on a national network they do what they can, but I mean I seen Law and Order get dark at times, so why not.

5. darkcurry

Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams – Official Trailer [HD] | Amazon Video

I can't remember the name of the actress Terrence Howard is with on this upcoming show, maybe somebody here can help me out? She looks familiar.

6. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

I had high hopes for House of Lies (black corporate guy winning; the pilot starts with him fucking a white chick) until they gave us the swishy little 10 year old gay son. I tuned out at that point. You don't see Ray Donovan with no shit like that

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. ColiBreh1

What do you mean?

LOL! That's the main reason I originally quit on "House of Lies" during it's 1st season. I later caught up during the last couple seasons, it was worth it.

8. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

Total non sequitur.

Including The Good Place, Kristen Bell has now had four black love interests. Is there an IR Hall of Fame we can induct her into? She's had more black love interests than I've had black girlfriends!

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  9. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Her name is Anna Paquin.
    She portrayed Sookie Stackhouse on True Blood and the mutant Rogue in two X-Men films.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  10. ColiBreh1

What were the others besides "House of Lies"?

11. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

She made a lifetime movie, Gracie's Choice, around the time she was doing Veronica Mars.

12. darkcurry

Some of her sex scenes on true blood were top notched erotic art. Very sexy! It looked like her and Terrence were engaged in one in the trailer.

Another actress that has very steamy sex scenes has done an IR one with a black man as well I can't remember her name either. LOL! I'll tell you when it comes to me. I believe I posted it in the IR sex scenes thread.

13. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

The first film I saw Anna Paquin in was The Piano. Holly Hunter, I think played her deaf-mute mother.

14. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Geez, man. Ray Donovan is a hardcore drama show. House of Cards leans more towards a comedy slant. The son didn't ruin the show, his time on the series was inconsistent anyway and his storyline, when properly addressed, was well done and a bit ahead of its time. But you seem to overlook the rarity that the show gave us: three generations f black men under one roof and the relationship that existed between them. That was fantastic. Also you don't seem to appreciate that Hose of Cards never put its leading black male in a box so far as what type of woman he was allowed to pursue. Cheadle's character got a lot of hot white chicks including his ex-wife. He also had his white boo whom I admit when the show first started I never saw them getting together. But TPTB worked that storyline angle, kept with it, let it develop slowly at first and then went straight ahead. They got together, fucked around a bit, Marty made a mistake, Jeanie got pissed, they went their separate ways, came back together as co-workers under obvious tension, Jeanie fucked up hen Marty seemed ready to make the plunge, he went t jail for a bit, she got pregnant by him before them, he came out f jail kinda hating her, they moved on to other relationships, they broke up with those people and in the end they got back together as a couple and got married. End of series. A rare example of a black guy being able to court a white woman and actually end up with her instead of breaking up with her because he has been "taught" that loving a white woman means he hates being black f hates black women. That t me was important that the show didn't go down that road. House of Lies was never great although season 3 came somewhat close. Nonetheless it was still a quality show that examined the life of an adult black male in a way that I had never seen before. My one complaint, and its one that people on these boards have strongly disagreed with me is that Don Cheade is miscast as a woman magnet (a HOT business professional woman magnet at that). Someone with Blair Underwood's looks (he would be the right age too) would have been better.

15. JamalSpunky

She has had more black male love interests than Zoe Saldana and Zoe Kravitz combined.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  16. JamalSpunky

Same. Then came that film Finding Forrester with Sean Connery in which she played Rob Brown's love interest (btw you can't become a star with a forgettable name like Rob Brown).

17. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

So more then 0?

18. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

LOL

19. RicardoCooper

Didn't hang around for all that. I checked out maybe 4-5 eps in.

20. RicardoCooper

You're the man now, dog.