The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

You're right, they won't be jealous about the IR sex but they'll still be triggered into racist responses.

2. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Sure as there is a tomorrow.

3. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Alicia Vikander as British archaeologist-adventurer Lara Croft in the new trailer for the Tomb Raider reboot.

4. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

IMO, This looks better than the original one with Angelina.

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I gotta see it in Imax 3D

6. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Agreed. Very faithful to the video game.

7. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

9. SilverSmith

Angelina's convincing British accent and skintight ensembles were the only saving graces in the original.[​IMG]

10. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Matthew Vaughn’s Superman DCEU Movie Would Be ‘Heroic’ & ‘Feel-Good’

[​IMG]

Matthew Vaughn’s Superman film would be “heroic” and “feel-good”, the director has revealed. The Kick-Ass, X-Men: First Class and Kingsman: The Secret Service helmsman has now confirmed that he has held discussions about directing a DC Extended Universe Superman movie. The project is colloquially being referred to as Man of Steel 2 and would feature Henry Cavill back playing Kal-El/Clark Kent/Superman for the fourth time onscreen.

Cavill’s take on The Last Son of Krypton was introduced in Zack Snyder’s 2013 film Man of Steel, which launched Warner Bros’ DCEDU and established a broodier tone for the franchise. Cavill returned in Snyder’s Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice in 2016, battling Ben Affleck’s Dark Knight before becoming friends with him. He then fought Doomsday alongside Bats and Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman, and sacrificed his life in order to save the day. It’s no secret at this stage that Cavill will reprise his Kryptonian role in Justice League this fall, picking up from the teaser at the end of Batman V Superman (e.g. the final shot alluding to Superman’s eventual resurrection).

As of yet, these talks between WB and Vaughn haven’t evolved into a contract being signed. Speaking to Collider on the Kingsman: The Golden Circle press tour, Vaughn teased what his take on the Superman character would look like, should a deal eventually be closed:

“Weirdly if I did do Superman—and I made the mistake of telling someone yesterday I have spoken about it and then wallop (laughs)—I think my main take would be, it’s really boring but make a Superman film. I just don’t feel a proper Superman—I think Donner did it to perfection for that time. Just doing the modern—I wanna do a modern version of the Donner [version]. Go back to the source material… For me Superman is color, feel-good, heroic. He’s a beacon of light in darkness. And that’s what I think Superman should be.”

This will be music to the ears of Superman fans, especially those that think Snyder and the DCEU have pushed the character into too dark a territory. After Bryan Singer’s Superman Returns film failed to set the box office alight with its Donner-aping optimistic reverence in 2006, Snyder’s Man of Steel felt like the polar opposite approach: a grayed-out, grungy Superman lacking the light-heartedness and vibrancy of those classic Richard Donner/Christopher Reeve pictures. Plenty of moviegoers would prefer a return to a “feel-good” tone post-Man of Steel, it seems.

However, you could argue that the DCEU has started down an interesting path here, creating a Superman franchise for Trump’s America, where Kal-El – an alien on Earth – is greeted by skepticism and fear from huge chunks of the public. WB might have to throw a lot of that out to let Vaughn make his movie, which could feel like a backward step.

Man of Steel 2 currently has no creative team formally attached, and no release date has been confirmed yet.

11. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Angelina used that same British accent in the film Sky Captain And The World Of Tomorrow. It wouldn't have surprised me if she would use her chops to be cast as a Starfleet commanding officer in a Star Trek film, if she didn't quit acting.

12. SilverSmith

The pilot episode will premiere on CBS, following the football game tonight. Subsequent episodes will stream exclusively on the CBS All Access app.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  13. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

So far, what I have seen of star trek I love!!!!

14. samson1701

My One Word Review Of Marvels Inhumans;
    Awful.

15. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Lol you didn't see that coming. All marvel shows outside of Netflix (and they're slipping on that front) suck. I'll take Smallville The Flash and Arrow any day

16. samson1701

I knew it looked cheap by the previews. But, I at least thought the story would be okay. You're right though. Should've known better. After all, the same guy who did Iron Fist did this.

Agents Of Sheild is consistently good. Sometimes, even great. They got on point after that first season.

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Good to hear about agents of sheild. Defenders was pretty good.

18. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I liked the story and the fight scenes in Inhumans. As far as the cheap looking CGI, much like GoT it would probably get better when/if the shows popularity grows. That CGI is pretty expensive! So they get a pass there.

19. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Defenders sucked balls

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I didn't expect it to be good as anything shield related. Then again I'm biased because I don't normally watch TV and was glad to see some marvel hero's all on the same show.