Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Well,it takes some medical talk to explain Trump. Plus,which is why he can Tweet more better than he talks. 140 Charactors or less is easy.

2. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

There is a difference between sounding smart and actually being smart. Even decades ago the amount of work required in being President would have still been a lot more work than he'd actually want to do. This is a man who made his a lot of his money by selling his name to other people and making money off it. He has never, ever been a shrewd business mind and even if he had been President at 61 or even 51, we'd be seeing the same things happening.

Trump has been a joke in NYC circles for decades now; I can't recall the number of articles I've read over the past few years that look at him as being a gaudy loudmouth who's long on flash and short on substance. By comparison, people like Bill Gates and Warren Buffet aren't just known for being rich, they're also known for being smart as well.

And as for Trump having been more articulate years ago, that may have been the case but even then an articulate carnival barker is still a carnival barker.

3. bodhesatva

bodhesatva Well-Known Member

I agree with a lot of this! But I'm trying to make a distinction here that I think matters.

Trump was *never* a particularly nice guy. He's pretty much always been tacky, I agree with that. He's shown lots of sexist attitudes for decades. He has a long history of racist tendencies. We're definitely on the same page with all of that. I think he would have been a bad President then and he's a bad President now. But he wasn't always so incapable of articulating himself, so incapable of clear thoughts -- that *is* pretty new.

In 1985 Trump was a bad person with at least a normal-level intelligence (even though he was never as brilliant as he'd like to believe, of course). Now he's still a bad person, but with what seems to be below-average intelligence, incapable of articulating or grasping even moderately complex ideas and phrases. I'm suggesting I see some of the very basic signs of mental decline I was told to look out for in Nursing school, since a great deal of my profession is spent caring for the elderly. It wouldn't be surprising at all, given that he's 71.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  4. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Any of y'all keeping up with this?:

5. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Beware the source.
    The entire Western world including Asia and Africa would have to support going off the U.S. dollar, which I doubt would ever happen since we're the most stable and reliable economy in the entire world.

Without us, there is no Chinese economy. Where else would they sell all their garbage shit cheap goods????

6. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

You are right that he did at least sound a lot smarter back then, whether he actually was or not. And since you went to nursing school, I defer to your expertise in that area lol.

7. Soulthinker

He is a trip sometimes. Him and his wife Stacy As long as planes fly and trucks use oil with no alternitive energy the petrodollar will still be there. It won't jack up to $100 a barrel however.

8. Soulthinker

Yes plus,a few people rely on the the Yuan or the Euro as hard currency and the Swiss Franc has lost its strengh.

9. andreboba

Now our idiot POTUS refuses to call the Kim Jong Un by his given name, and instead refers to him as ROCKETMAN in a speech before the general assembly at the United Nations.smh

10. Soulthinker

He is a real man child.

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

So Kim called 45 a dotard.......lol

12. andreboba

What scares me the most is that Trump seems like he's trying to provoke Kim Jong Un to launch an attack, either nuclear or conventional, so that Trump has an excuse to drop bombs on North Korea.

You can't talk to shit to a man who's deranged, unless you're prepared to deal with the consequences.

Trump simply doesn't give a shit.

If 50 million Koreans die in the process, oh well.

13. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I hope that all this kneeling gets us to police reform.

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Its 2017. How long are you going to hold your breath. We even had a black president. Nothing will happen unless we create a serious sustainable long lasting boycott, until then, live with it.

15. archangel

I think we can reduce it but it takes the citizen's involvement in each police department to change policies. I mean the police chief did change in Ferguson. They kicked out a few of the corrupt officials.

16. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

That was for show business as usual.
    Remember law enforcement is about revenue collection they aren't here to help a soul. Firefighters are around to protect property not life. That's shit they feed to the masses so everyone is ok paying so much in taxes.
    Cops in my area make 70k to start that's no education no experience you think that's to help people or to make sure they are constantly feeding the courts and prison system?
    They won't even give people sufficient healthcare

17. archangel

I don't disagree that some LEO are revenue collection agencies but that is because the citizens allow them to be. You have to replace the chief, mayor, or council.

18. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

These sheep won't vote out people who are actively trying to kill them via stripping away healthcare

19. archangel

You know you picked an issue that has yet to be stripped away. The current attempt to do so has already three republicans going against it in a situation that needed only 2 republicans to end it.

20. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member