Cops Take Money From Mans Wallet

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Thump, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

A cop in Berkley Califonia seized (i.e. stole) money out of a hot dog vendors wallet because he didn't have a food sellers permit.

2. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

That is crimminal.

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

If you mean the hot food-seller, then yes, what he is doing is criminal ( at least civicly).

As for the cop, it's for evidence. Do you think bootleggers or drug dealers get to keep their spoils?

Where does he wash his hands? How does he keep the food at the right hot temperature? All things actual food vendors must pass in a test to get their licence to cook and sell.

But dont worry, his go-fund-me page has raised him almost $45,000.. Let's see if he now goes and gets his licence with it. Let's hope so.

4. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

This isn't bootlegging. That's violating another individual's intellectual property and, in essence, stealing from them.

Drug dealing is a prohibited activity altogether.

It's vending without a permit. The police are supposed to issue a summons with a fine not confiscate all of the money on someone's person. That is robbery.

The cop has no fucking idea how much money came from unauthorized vending, and that's not his determination to make. As far as I know, civil asset forfeiture laws haven't been extended to cover illegal hot dog operations.

Vending without a license is a small scale administrative rather than criminal offense. The cops don't need to take "evidence."

...and on the topic of civil asset forfeiture, that's fucking bullshit too. It's basically a license for cops to steal from minorities based solely on suspicion without having to prove anything.

https://www.aclu.org/blog/criminal-...asy-money-civil-asset-forfeiture-abuse-police

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2013/08/12/taken

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...urglars-did-last-year/?utm_term=.b2d132ecdcc7

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  5. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Even if it's technically legal it's still wrong to take a working man's money.

Jaywalking is illegal but cops never bust anybody for it.

They could have just shut down his cart and sent him on his way.

6. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Shut down his cart and issue a summons case closed.

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Evidence of bootlegging hotdogs?

Lmao

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

@ Bootlegging l was referring to booze but now that you mention it, bags and mixtapes count too.

Anyhoo...he ( the minority cop) was following instructions.
    A college official said the officer was following instructions to crack down on illegal vendors outside of campus events and it is standard procedure to confiscate the proceeds and book them into evidence.

In a full-page statement, Cal vice chancellor Scott Biddy said officers typically offer warnings before citing illegal vendors, but that the college “instructed our officers to monitor illegal vending outside our event venues.” The incident happened as a Cal football game was letting out at Memorial Stadium.

“This action has been motivated at least in part by issues of public health, the interests of local small businesses, and even human trafficking,” Biddy said in the statement. “In addition, while I cannot comment on the specifics of this particular case, our practice is to issue warnings before giving a citation. In a case such as this, it is typical to collect any suspected illegal funds and enter them into evidence.”

Biddy said $60 was seized as evidence of the “suspected proceeds of the violation” and booked into evidence. '
    “I have instructed University of California Police Department to open a complaint investigation,” he said. “We will assign an investigator to look at both the procedural and management issues related to the incident. Please be assured that the investigation will be completed in a timely manner.”

The officer involved will continue working, the vice chancellor said.

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Jaywalking is cited, especially in NYC.
    I'm sure too, the IRS will be interested as will Tax vultures CA.

What if you had a stand next to him..
    You paid your licence fees to Berkley @ $5000 a year.
    You charge $2.00 to cover your expenses. You pay Uncle Sam on your estimated earnings.

Juan with his no taxes-payin, no-licence ass comes along and undercuts you by $1.00.
    Fair?

Anyhoo, no tears for him really, his go fund me is at $60,000. Be happy now for your competitor. He is getting paid for not working anymore, while you need to get your dogs grilling if you want to pay the City of Berkley your annual licence fees. Lol.

10. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

The problem is this is just ripe for abuse so yeah I am annoyed Juan didnt pay his taxes or for his permit. However, I am more worried about cops abusing the fuck out of this and using it as shooting justification for more Black Men.

11. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

Cops do that in mexico.

The US will continue to reflect mexican culture as more flood in.