The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

You download Stremio and watch the show from there.

2. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Think I rid a dissertation on that once...where being WASP ie White Rich Straight Christian Male was the easy mode and every deviation from that upped the difficulty level by some amount.

3. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Carnivale was one of my favorite shows. I loved Samson, he knew how to really read people and he was a great leader to a band of nomadic and dysfunctional people. I missed the final episodes and and wondered what happened with Will(I think that was his name) and Brother Justin, who became something other than holy.

4. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Read the manga. It is just as interesting as the anime, which is equally interesting. The live-action version on Netflix was okay because Willem Dafoe does the voice of Ryuk.

5. Reverie

I was bitter an entire year for the discontinuation of this show.

6. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

There are a lot of shows that get the ax. Especially interesting shows like Carnivale. A show like Penny Dreadful lasted 3 seasons because that's the way creator John Logan wrote it. He didn't see any point in extending it. So, at the climax of the final episode, the screen faded to black and the words The End appeared. It may have been the case with Carnivale, but I suspect that the show, being about the end of magic, probably ended with the conclusion that the world was entering a new phase that affects the future of mankind. The coming of the 2nd world war and the advent of the nuclear age.

7. Reverie

I think there was still things to do with Carnivale plot wise.

8. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Perhaps there were. I think the one comfort in this is that it is available on DVD and is probably shown on YouTube. I find that I could look at the series again to see if I missed a key detail to understand it better.

9. Reverie

Cool, it is a perfect fall tv show.

10. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Whom were your favorite characters in Carnivale? I mentioned Samson. I also liked Professor Lodz because he was a conniving man. The mute woman in the wagon who can mentally communicate with Lodz. The tomboy played by Clea Duvall.

11. Reverie

Samson, Lodz and Ben.
    I loved the conversation between Lodz and Ben where Lodz tells Ben of course he is going to use his powers, he sacrificed his eyes for just a fraction of what Ben possessed. It was truly an intense scene between them and we never did get Lodz backstory, did we?

12. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I had to check google image search to make sure this wasn't photoshop.

I really hope Disney is away of the uncanny resemblance between Hamill and Stan and plans a series of prequel movies starting after return of the Jedi.

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

First Official Look At STRANGER THINGS' David Harbour As HELLBOY for Franchise Reboot

[​IMG]

The New Hellboy movie from director Neil Marshall also stars Ian McShane as Professor Broom, Milla Jovovich as the villainous Blood Queen, and Daniel Dae Kim as Ben Daimio. The reboot is scheduled to begin shooting this month to meet an unspecified 2018 release date.

14. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

As intriguing a character as Lodz was, we never really knew who he was or where he came from. But Carnivale was more centered on the time period of the Dust Bowl period in Middle America. Then include the themes of good versus evil, magic, the personal journey to an uncertain future. The show would have been extended with an origin episode for each of the main characters. I remember one scene in an episode where a photograph of Samson in his younger days as a performer in a freak show. It seemed to me that the life of a traveling carnival was all that he ever knew and it is there he knew where he stood.

15. Reverie

Yes, sold by his parents, I suppose.

16. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Or perhaps Samson was orphaned.

17. Reverie

Endless possibilities.

18. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Endless.

19. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Wolfenstein 2

A game where you kill Nazis that features a tough Black Woman and a Black man fucking a White BBW

Prepare for triggered racist white dudes. :D

20. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

They won't have a problem with a black guy and a white BBW. That will amuse them and play into their stereotype.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List