Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

She's picking back up, forecasted to hit the Keys at a category 5! Its not too late to leave.

2. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Miss your posts, take care of yourself.

3. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

We've taken quite a whipping from Irma. A lot of trees in the neighborhood have been uprooted. One hit the front of the house. The power went out this morning. The wind is still gusty and it may be quiet tomorrow. Now all we have to worry about is security because the alarm system is off. I am sitting down in the den and if anyone tries to break in they will be shot.

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Damn that sounds crazy fam. Hope you're taking care of yourself

5. The Dark King

Hey does anyone talk to Orejon
    Hope he's ok

6. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

We have plenty to eat and drink. No worries there. The power issue, no one knows how long it will take. A few days or a few weeks. Gas is another issue, too. But defense against looters and robbers is now more important.

7. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I hope he's okay, too.

8. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I wonder where you had been G. Hope you are safe and sound either at your place or a shelter.

9. Soulthinker

Pleased you have found someone and you don't had to go to Russia to date her. Hope you have photos when you go to A'dam soon.

10. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

That's wasup where people think of the dudes who used to post here. People like to bring up over n over the lack of female participation but overlook how many dudes who stopped participating over the years as well.

11. Soulthinker

However, a lot of homeboys are joinng. Just wished the WW can contribute to a thread after joining.

12. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I was steel-shuttered in with my brother and his wife. Now I know what it is like to be a sardine. Not crowded, but contained. We were relieved that we didn't have to go to a shelter and we chose to ride out Irma, who had surpassed Hurricane Andrew. Irma is gone now and all is quiet. I have to call into my job to see if we can come in to work (we had been closed since last Thursday). I am still working and living paycheck to paycheck. Hopefully it will all change soon.

13. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

We're planning on meeting in Ft Lauderdale in November. I am sure it will work out.

14. Soulthinker

That is nice. A lot of Europeans go to Florida. The city would be cleaned up when she arrives.

15. Soulthinker

Hope so soon.

16. The Dark King

So fuck these student loans

Attached Files:

17. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

The power returned to us Tuesday evening. The neighborhood was elated. It felt really good to sleep in an air conditioned home after two days without power. When I returned to work, all the meat, produce, dairy and frozen food shelves and containers were cleared out and the place stunk. And because the place ran on generators, there wasn't enough power to run the other machines or the air conditioner. It was like working in a steam room. I had heard that power had returned and all is normal. The company is going to give all the employees disaster pay. That was good news.

18. Soulthinker

Great to hear your power is on.

19. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

On the job, everyone was doing the OTH(overtime hustle). I had just completed working over 55 hours this week. Combine that with last week's schedule, the company is allowing me to have a total of over 95 hours in next week's check. I hope it'll be worth it.

20. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Hopefully, there won't be another hurricane during this time.