The Growing OPIATE & OPIOID epidemic...

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Bliss, Jul 18, 2017.

1. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Bruh, the paramedics were called and they did show up. It was a crazy night. I just knew I was going to die. ...lol

2. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

C'mon, maaaane. You know we don't know nuthin' unless it's explained to us.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Contrary to your belief, this isn't an "all us negroes" site. It's a forum called White Women and Black Men. Posts are for every one.

Now if you want to tell me there's no beat subculture, l choose not to take your word over the dj who created it. Have a nice day!

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

10 arrested, thousands of bags of heroin found in 'major' Northeast Philly bust
    4 Philly officers, 1 OAG agent were treated for exposure.

State and local law enforcement rounded up 10 suspects and found a large drug packaging operation in a raid in Northeast Philadelphia Friday morning.

In a press conference Friday evening with Philadephia Police Commissioner Richard Ross, Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro said authorities seized both heroin and fentanyl ... in Summerdale around 10 a.m. Friday.

Roughly 10,000 bags of heroin or fentanyl had already been uncovered, he said.

"This was a major, and I want to stress major, drug operation here in Philadelphia,” Shapiro said in a CBS Philly report.
    -------

It's gotten really bad in Philly. Very grateful as a resident that at the least, 10,000 bags won't be dispersing.

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Damn! I forgot that some of us are still trapped on the alleged "intellectual plantation" and need our self elevated betters to enlighten us. Let me take my simple black ass back in the corner for questioning my betters......

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I would have been lmao. God bless them paramedics for staying professional. Lol

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Codeine is an opiate but you're right its probably the least dangerous of them all. It doesn't compare to the opiates that have people strung out. Especially Heroin.

8. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Screwed isn't a style of beats, it's a style if DJ'ing. G Funk, trap, Mobb, Crunk, Hyphy, Boom Bap, etc. are styles of beats. Screw chopped everything from Dr Dre to Fat Pat to Biggie to Soul for Real to Faith Evans to One Way. Screw didn't create beats. Like most DJ's he played other people's music. You can't possibly think "I Seen A Man Die" by Scarface(one of many songs Screw chopped) was made for the purpose of being screwed or with lean even being a factor in the making or message of the song. And "cult" is excessive. Not everyone who listens to Screw music does lean just like most people who listen to gangster rap don't shoot people.

It's cool you want to give a history lesson but we honestly don't need it when it comes to hip hop.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  9. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Chopped and screwed obscure? *checks author* Of course, some square ass white dude in Kanye shades who writes about fashion. The site name alone screams "gentrification". Completely unaware Houston ia one of the biggest hubs of hip hop in the world. Reminds me of this one video from some white hipster girl who did some shitty buzzfeed "report" about a type of food that was popular in Harlem or Brooklyn since the day before forever but the hipsters came and "discovered" it and called it another name.

Sometimes you gotta leave the culture to us. *cues up Dear White People*

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

What does Scarface creating a song have to do with screw music and lean? Regardless if his was one of many songs DJ Screw chopped, your attempt to conflate Scarface creating the song, as your argument that it had "no connection to Lean" and therefore screw music has no connection to it", is inaccurate.

I never said; "Screw created beats" (as if that was a complete statement) - are you serious now? I get you want to twist my words, so l will reiterate what l actually said... He loved beats and loved lean. He created a style of the beats by chopping and screwing them.
    In fact, here is what else l said:
    "DJ Screw created the technique. The style came about because of his love of beats and Lean, where apparently the beats are honed to optimize a 'leaner's' listening pleasure."
    Look, I get you want to fight me on it, but you're dealing in semantics.

Seriously G, I know what a DJ does @ "they play other people's music"..l dJ'd on the side in Australia, so not sure who the "we" is.
    Further, l'm not "giving a history lesson", l made a comment based on a particular knowledge and was (attempted)to be cut down, so l provided information to explain my comment's premise. Now you want to twist my words.
    I also did not say "everyone who listens to Screw music does lean" -- I said DJ Screw geared it to compliment a lean listener. C'mon now. That would be as foolish a statement as saying "everyone who listens to rap is Black", just because you happen to mention that Rap lyrics are geared with the Black listener in mind.

*Let me add, DJ was a heavy user of lean , we know this, it could also be that his musical ear was influenced by his induced states. As in, his skills created his own (comfort) level of sound, and by happenstance, he created the genre.

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

How do you know he's some unknowing "square White dude"? Stereotyping and judging much? That would be like you being judged about commenting on a genre of rap that you weren't even born yet. Not cool. People can establish information based on interviews and footage and listening, as well as experiencing.

You can dismiss 'whitey' but even Wiki has a similar break down...

'The genre sown by DJ Screw has since evolved into a Houston-based subculture that is associated with the recreational consumption of codeine, opulent jewelry and elaborate vintage vehicles. Screw has also left behind a cult following of listeners who self-identify as "screwheads"..."

12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Bliss the Missionary still in here trying to bring civilization and education to all us ignorant savage negroes and poor white trash white women.....

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Seriously Ra, since your initial one sentence attempt to refute my comment, you have contributed nothing else except default to your 'woo-is-we' sarcasm, replete with nonsensical racist hyperbole.

It's irrefutable that he created the style to compliment the indulgence of euphoric and drowsy substances that he favored.. If other artists did it with LSD why not him for weed and Lean's effects.

Cheers now

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Troubling stats have been bearing out since the beginning of the decade.
    Ignorance is not bliss under these circumstances, the figures are awful. 399 combined dead in Ohio alone. (341/58)

What's further insidious are the recent measures drug dealers are resorting to, preying on the ignorance of users who dont know, or falsely believe it's "another race's" problem, when obviously drugs don't discriminate.. if there's a market, there's a sale. Dealers have no scruples.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...01f13a-4b75-11e7-9669-250d0b15f83b_story.html

A thoughful read on Race and addiction...
    http://americanaddictioncenters.org/race-and-addiction/

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Most of them deaths in Australia were from people mixing codeine with other drugs mostly benzos. They were apparently mixing codeine because its a light weight on its own. Unfortunately most people don't read up on what they are doing before trying to get high.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Irrefutable to who? You perhaps.

So based on one article you read on the internet, some Wiki post about DJ Screw that any random person could have put up (and did since Wikipedia is basically any one posting whatever info they want whether verified or unverified on a topic) and the fact that DJ Screw make songs about drinking Lean, that equates to "irrefutable" proof that he created a music style to "compliment the indulgence" of Lean?

Find and post actual interviews or articles of DJ Screw himself explaining the how & why behind the creation of Screw Music, then it's "irrefutable" proof. Until then it's simply YOUR OPINION.

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

The "Irrefutable" now is refutable :

Although it is often presumed that Screw music's slow pace is meant to simulate the drowsing effects of drank, Robert Earl Davis, Jr aka DJ Screw said in a 1995 interview with Rap Pages magazine that it was marijuana, and a desire to hear lyrics more clearly, that inspired his process. "When you smoking weed listening to music, you can't bob your head to nothing fast," he explained.

[​IMG]

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

It wasn't based on one article l read, and in fact I had read his quote t in The Guardian when they did a story on him in 2010. He confirms what l've been saying for days here, but was told he never created the style to compliment being high.
    He said it was due to weed and not lean, but clearly he was a heavy user of lean and If you read commentts from his music associates, he was always using lean im the studio.
    Screw said himself...
    '...he.. was an avid syrup-sipper, Screw claimed that you didn’t need to be “leanin’” to truly enjoy his music."
    He acknowledged here his music (was designed for lean) but you don't actually have to lean while listening to it.

Here is also what l said to you..

"It's irrefutable that he created the style to compliment the indulgence of euphoric and drowsy substances that he favored.. If other artists did it with LSD why not him for weed and Lean's effects.

and before that, l said...

"....it could also be that his musical ear was influenced by his induced states. As in, his skills created his own (comfort) level of sound, and by happenstance, he created the genre.."

Yet for some odd reason you (personally) wanted to argue with me when l wrote, "he created a cult of hiphop beats (called chopping and screwing)"...telling me l was wrong. When l showed you differently, you really lost it throwing your pathetic racist sarcasm insults at me. The fuvk? (are we arguing here)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

No one is "arguring" with you. Per usual you're being very subjective with facts and truth to push a certain narrative to fit a thread topic.

Same way your being subjective by saying "you really lost it throwing your pathetic racist sarcasm insults at me". Yeah, cause I'm really invested in this topic. But whatever. Once again you're clearly schooling a dummy like me.

Again no such thing as a "cult of hip hop beats". All your opinion and spin on the subject.

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

People with a little money that want to get high are going to thumb their noses up at codeine. They most likely want oxy. Codeine is more like a side sipper for potheads

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List