Charlottesville protest

Discussion in 'In the News' started by GAmomlisa, Aug 12, 2017.

1. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

No it won't. We still have people alive from the Jim Crow era. Shit ain't going nowhere. Never did.

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

3. GAmomlisa

GAmomlisa Well-Known Member

So disappointing and sad! How do we get these people our of our society!? Its just so frustrating

4. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

Cheap heroin....fentanyl...meth...oxcodone...alcohol...

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Not sure. As long as whiteness is worshipped worldwide, there won't be any progress. Thing is, it's not just white people contributing to white supremacy. It's the non black "people of color"(and some blacks) putting whites on a pedestal that fuels it. Half those "POC" protesting against white supremacy will still kiss white ass. They know they still need white daddy's approval for certain shit.

6. GAmomlisa

These definitely do seem to effect white males a lot more than other groups! So maybe lets kinda look the other way on those substances lol, thats so bad

7. flaminghetero

[​IMG]

8. GAmomlisa

you're so right! we still do live in a "white" society which is by nature oppressive to PoC and women. That whole society must be put to rest finally if we are to move on!

9. flaminghetero

Nobody can live comfortably with all that hate and rage inside.

10. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Trump noticed and decided to label it a "crisis". White folks are gonna get professional help. Black folks got a SWAT tank parked in their living room.

11. GAmomlisa

This is true, and I seriously do think there is a strange sort of existential crisis occurring among an alarming number of white men. Like so many just dont seem like healthy well adjusted people. Whether its just being socially weird or shooting up schools or doing drugs or alcohol or committing suicide or just being awful racists like these people, it seems like an alarming number are just not mentally and physically healthy people, like something has gone wrong among them in particular. idk

12. flaminghetero

Now Trump is telling them to just say no.

Those funds to help the Opioid crisis will go to buy mansions yachts boob-jobs and sex changes.

A tiny fraction will actually flow down stream.

13. flaminghetero

14. GAmomlisa

Honestly, I think this is probably spot on!

15. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

I can't say that the whole mental health thing is a white male thing. It's just more acceptable to talk about it. In the black community, mental health is something that isn't really discussed, especially with the older generation. Especially those who grew up in rough areas, these things can be seen as weakness due to the hypermasculinity that's often in the black community.

There are lots of socially weird black folks out there. Being perceived as weird doesn't necessarily mean they are unstable or any less capable or normal than us.

16. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Well, they'll be glad to know that Trump is at least thinking of them even if they only get a few dollars.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. GAmomlisa

You are probably right about this, I've probably just been exposed to it more with white males. Also, I hope i didnt come as insensitive to those with mental issues. Some of these do seem to be unique to white men though. I know they have much higher rates of suicide than others, far more likely to commit these mass shootings, and the gravitation towards extremist racist politics seems to be a problem more pronounced among white men.

18. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Yeah, I can't really explain things like mass/random shootings and whatnot. Mental health has only gained sympathy and understanding in recent decades. Hell, that's why so many Vietnam vets are fucked up. And the mental health resources seemed to be directed towards whites. Since most blacks weren't military, they couldn't use the VA. And many black civilians couldn't afford mental health care. There were also likely lack of mental health professionals in black communities(and resources in general).

19. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

No it won't because there are too many entitled assholes who are pissed they don't have a pony and a Ferrari and like always it's everyone black person's fault even though we control nothing that has to do with their plight.

20. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Oppressive to which women and under what circumstances?