Ride Malfunctions at the Ohio State Fair (1 Dead & 7 Injured)

Discussion in 'In the News' started by ColiBreh1, Jul 27, 2017.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Local news report from Columbus, Ohio:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Damn!! Terrible.

3. MightyLighty

MightyLighty Well-Known Member

FUCK!!!!!

4. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Sad but stuff like this is why I only go on rides at place like Disney World and Universal Studios.

5. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Oh shit!!! That's some final destination shit, my biggest fear when at the park.

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Worst nightmare. It's why I don't go on rides anymore. Too many accidents the last few years.

7. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

That was my favorite ride growing up. Not anymore.

Extremely sad.

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Man, killed in Ohio Fair horror crash enlisted in Marines five days ago: Girlfriend, 19, also badly injured on the ride, only learned of his death when asking to see him post-surgery

[​IMG]

By Chris Spargo

The young man who lost his life at the Ohio State Fair on Wednesday night had just enlisted in the Marines lat week.

Tyler Jarrell, 18, of Columbus, Ohio has been identified by the State Highway Patrol as the young man who was killed while riding The Fireball.

He was thrown into the air when part of the amusement ride snapped and came down with such force that he was killed upon impact.

The tragedy occurred just five days after Tyler posted a photo to his Facebook page which showed him in a Marines Uniform and holding a plaque that read 'United States Navy' and 'Department of the Marine Core.'

9. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Wow, now that's just horrific. God damn.

10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I got stuck in a ride before at Carowinds in NC. We had to wait on a team of troubleshooters to get us out. Luckily I wasn't in an uncomfortable position other than I'm simply too tall for a lot of their rides now as an adult.

I'm not going to stop riding coasters, love the rush of it all. I highly recommend Cedar Point to anyone that loves coasters. I'm not to tall for those they are made just right. It just has an odd location, Sandusky Ohio, yet its known for the best coasters in the world.

I plan to check out Bush gardens in Tampa. I think I haven't gone yet because a part of me is afraid of being disappointed being that I've already had the ultimate coaster experience on more than one occasion.

11. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

I was just at Carowinds about 6 weeks ago. I love rollercoasters, too!

12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

This explains your Adrenalin Rush thread.

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Man......so many childhood memories there. I loved the "rip roaring rapids," I loved playing chase on smurf island. There were a few coasters I did love there back in the day. It just wasn't the same last time I went, I have changed more than the park tho.

Kings Dominion (Virginia) was my favorite back in the day, but I did love Carowinds.

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

My scary-ride experiences always consist of me whimpering, "I'm never getting on this again, God please just get me out of this, never ever again, oh my God!"

In fact I even got freaked out on a simulator. My husband and I smoked some strong weed in Rehobeth (Beach), then we got into a simulator with another stoned guy and the three of us were in pitch black in this small tiny 4 seater sphere...And then they started the creaky roller-coaster ride... with creaking sound effects and gusts of air... and up and up and up we went on this wooden, vibrating, wood cracking, 150 yr old roller coaster, and all three of us were screaming, it was that real. Hilarious.

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I swear, l knew you would. I said to myself, "l can see DudeNY loving them the way Beasty does". I dont know why..how weird, lol.

16. DudeNY12

That was my first time there. We were in town for my family reunion. Growing up in NYC we always went to Six Flag Great Adventure in NJ. I have been to Kings Dominion a few years ago. I've also been to Six Flags over Georgia as a child.

17. DudeNY12

Yes, my inner-child is soooo alive and well. I'm always one for a thrilling ride. Probably why my absolute favorite part of a flight is take-off, love fast train rides, especially Amtrak's ACELA, and driving stick shift cars. Even this afternoon as I drove back to DC from NYC... I was a fast and fun ride down the NJ Turnpike.

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Ha ha, that's awesome!! :D
    I would be backseat driving, freaking out.

Yes, I drive in the far right lane. Yes, l use my smile and middle finger a lot as people blare by me. Assholes :p

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

No doubt. Keep the luxury cars, keep the automatics too. Manual sports car guy for life. I'm going to be 90 still getting it in.

20. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Me three lol.

I think the biggest difference between rides at fairs versus rides at amusement parks is that rides at fairs are torn down and rebuilt every few days over and over again whereas rides at amusement parks tend to stay put. There's also a lot more maintenance work put into keeping rides at amusement parks safe.