Mike Tyson comes clean

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Bliss, Aug 25, 2013.

1. arbncdt1

arbncdt1 Member

Ms. Liquid Sword,
    Are you aware traumatic brain injuries occur in domestic violence and sexual assault cases, and as a result men and women will abuse drugs and alcohol? Therefore, if Mr. Tyson can resolve and conquer his issues, there may be medical intervention for men and women.

You are certainly entitled to reserve your sympathy and have your opinions.

2. medullaslashin

medullaslashin Well-Known Member

I knew mike was on something... Back during the time he appeared on that comedy central roast I saw interviews where he was just too giddy and hyper. I called this one cold.

Hope he gets better.

He damn sure got a raw deal with that rape charge. Court even offered him a plea deal but he refused to take it, because he didn't rape that chick. Don king fucked him over too, so it's told.

3. I've always been rooting for Mike. For a long time, he was living a fast life and I was afraid he'd be dead by now. I think the fame, women and money came to him when he was too immature to handle it all. His youth was his blessing as well as his curse. This dude was heavyweight champion before he was old enough to enter a bar.

He got the raw deal with that "rape" B.S. and losing Cus D'Amato so early, but I'm glad he's happy now. I'm proud of Mike. Like George Foreman, he's changed his image for the better.

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Last night on E:60, Mike Tyson was interviewed yet again by the reporter who's interviewed him for 25 years.

Mike finally confessed to him that he was raped as a child by a stranger.

He said he felt shamed by it, however it did not make him less of a man. It's at the six-minute mark.

If you can watch the whole thing you'd be better for it.

The man is complicated and complex, an open book to his faults, his anger, his rage, his humbleness.

I now see his rape of Desiree was a manifestation of the rape upon him. Doesn't make it ok, just gives one an insight.

5. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

I feel for Mike Tyson. I think he's been screwed by so many. I don't remember the details of that case, but I do remember not being convinced that he was guilty. That aside... again, I think he's been screwed by many from so-called friends to Don King and so on and so on. Not at all saying he's innocent, but perhaps he's needed professional help over the years.

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Not sure if you saw any of the interview, but he seems very in his head...stilled...calm, yet you can tell he has many thoughts flowing through his mind.

7. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

I think it seems like he is a gentle giant today.

8. DudeNY12

Not saying he wouldn't have eventuallly mellowed, but while he's had wealth and such... he's also had some humbling experiences in his adult life.

9. Reverie

Ok, but is Mike broke?

10. DudeNY12

I'm not sure. I hope he's not.

11. Reverie

Me too.

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

They say he is worth 3 million. I feel really bad for mike. Hope he is doing ok and coping with his mental illness.

I still don't know how the hell anyone spends 300 million. Why do you buy? Airspace? An underwater mansion in the gulf of mexico? A couple of fighter jets one for you another for the wife? A group of mountains and rivers? A cluster of islands in the pacific? Do you finance a skyscraper and turn the top floor into a pen house with a pool and aquarium on the roof?

13. Reverie

I have a family member who once was filthy rich, and he got broke because he took care of almost everybody in his family financially and he trusted other people with his money. He went broke, had to even sell the house his children was living in, he got divorced and he starting drinking heavily for a time and he once showed up hammered to christmas dinner. Of course he didn't see much of the people he once gave an allowance and had a party lifestyle on his dime.

Since he is of the type that can earn money out of selling stone, he is now in his way up again. And I am so happy he has learned a lesson about not giving people too much hand outs.

I bet same thing happen to Mike.

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Ahh the sales mans gift of persuasion. That can always take a person far especially if they have some negotiation skills to go with it. Just enough intuition to read people along with those skills and you have someone who is destined to be rich. As long as he doesn't get wolf of wallstreet level greedy. Some of those guys can lose money quickly and not be too concerned because the hustle comes naturally, they get it back.

15. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Mike used ot give Bentleys and RRs to his boys for whatever.
    IMO he thought money could buy him best friends forever. Unfortunately it never does.

If someone is hanging around you because you can spend and they can't, it's no better than fronting $50 rocks in a crack house to strangers.

When the money is gone, so are they.

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I think you and Reverie are correct. When I lived in Cleveland (Don Kings hometown) I heard Tyson would buy cars for drug dealers so they wouldn't look guilty being that they had no legal income. Its not like he was doing that for a profit. Seems like he just wanted to be liked.

17. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Mike Tyson. From rise to fall to rise and fall. To call him a train wreck would be too kind. He survived the defeats in and outside the ring. When he did the one-man show The Undisputed Truth, he pretty much came clean to the audience about the rape conviction and his time in jail. He talked about the fortune he blew away. "I had it then, but not now."

Alcoholism is fatal.

Whatever one feels about him, he is in pain. A pain I wouldn't wish on anyone. He needs help and support. Not condemnation.