The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

CBS has dropped the official trailer for its anticipated Star Trek: Discovery reboot. It was unveiled during the network’s upfront presentation, where it was announced that the order for the CBS All Access series was being increased to 15 episodes up from the original 13, and the series will be getting a companion show Talking Trek.

2. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Damn I was all prepared to hate this show, but it doesn't look terrible. I'm still not signing up for CBS's streaming service though.

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

It's either Netflix or Hulu
    Get down or lay down homie

4. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

If this show takes the gritty approach and flouts The Prime Directive, I'm not interested. I want a hopeful, philosophical Trek. Not a war series in Trek clothing.

5. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I subscribe to Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and HBO Now. I'll be damned if I'm signing up for another streaming service for just one show.

6. The Dark King

Word

7. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

I'mo Primewire that shit

Doesn't look bad but I'm skeptical

8. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Trailer just dropped for "Black Lightning":

9. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Here comes the Static Shock comparisons :D

10. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Feels like they took a big jar of Luke Cage and sprinkled in a little of Tony Stark. I heard that it doesn't take place in either the Arrow Earth or the Supergirl Earth, so there probably won't be many crossovers.

11. RicardoCooper

Looks better than I thought it would.

12. RicardoCooper

Black Lightning was the ORIGINAL. 1976, baby. Ya'll young bux need to learn your history

13. RicardoCooper

Yeah I read that too. Keep the black man segregated from the rest of the DC superheroes. Sounds legit

14. ColiBreh1

FX finally dropped a full trailer for that "Snowfall" show:

This looks like a guaranteed summer hit for FX.

15. samson1701

No, no and no. A thousand times, no! Oh, and did I mention, no?

Why is that every black story has to be rooted in the streets or have something to do with gangs or drugs. Fuck! There are millions of black people who have nothing to do with that kind of thing. I want a black superhero who is just a guy doing the right thing in the same way Daredevil, Flash or Batman does. Sure, there are gangs in those stories, but it's more organized mafia crime type of stuff. It's not "the hood." There's something more to it. This is Luke Cage with lightning powers. I enjoyed Luke Cage. I'm just sick of everything black being associated with gangs and the ghetto.

Are there any black writers in the writers' room? Or, is this a bunch of white guys creating what they think a black hero should be?

16. ColiBreh1

Mara Brock Akil (The BW who created/produced/wrote "Girlfriends", "The Game", & "Being Mary Jane") & her husband are the showrunners on this "Black Lightning" Show.

17. samson1701

Ugh ... So, we're doing it to ourselves. Makes it that much worse. it's like that's all we are. That's all we can imagine for ourselves.

18. The Dark King

I don't know if you guys watch this us but the character Randal would be a great archetype for a new kind of black hero.

19. The Dark King

Typical that even bw can only see us one way. They would NEVER do this to a story starring a black woman.

20. samson1701

"This us?" You lost me on that one. ...lol